ok pals and gals, i'm going to play tour guide for a moment to let you know about some of the bells and whistles in this joint.
first, the FAQ is here, as paint already pointed out to you. however, a few things have changed since then. one: you can change your own title by going to your "options" menu and putting whatever you'd like. two: as someone already pointed out, the point system is no longer moderated. you can give points at will once you have enough posts. however! please remember that points *should* be given for specific posts/threads that you feel truly deserve recognition. please don't give your friends a million points because you can. no one will stop you, but you're the one who'll look like a brownnosing bitch, so try to moderate your own behavior.
some other things to know:
we have many different forums here:
--The Lost Forum is a free for all. Anything that's just casual and not specific can go in here.
--Asylum Art is for original artwork that YOU created. please read the FAQ located in the forum before posting. It can be a painting, a drawing, photographs, a song you wrote..as long as it's original.
--Politicas der Monde is a political forum. duh. post anything political here. debate is a little more serious here than in TLF.
--Sensory Overload is music, movies, books and tv. if it delights the senses, it goes here.
--Images of Desanctity. need porn? go here. want to share porn? even better! post it here. all artwork, video and images that are download unfriendly go here.
--WIT- Whore Institute of Technology. break your computer? you stupid fuck. find out how to fix it here.
--Gaming and Sports is exactly what it says. online gaming and professional sports talk goes here.
--Asylum Suppository is where all the great threads go to die. if you're curious about the past here, the best of the best is kept here. take a look and be amazed. i highly suggest reading paint chips' dissertation on flaming.
--Pissups is the forum where we discuss any major plans on an Asylum get together. if you want to see mord's cock several times, you can go see him get it pierced. woot!
hey, did you know we have a chat feature? hell yeah. you can access chat via the "chat" button on the front page or on irc using galt.mindasylum.net or dido.mindasylum.net.
we also have an image hosting feature, which you can read about on the front page. (thanks dingle!)
there is a member atlas here, where you can locate where other members are on the globe (confusion, you can track down all the limey scum available on this board). i forget how to get yourself added to it, ask dingle. he's the man.
and perhaps the neatest feature, which hasn't been used in FOREVER, is the front page and the user updates. we used to post user written stories, artwork, etc. on the front page for a week or so for all to see, but alas, no one has submitted anything in AGES. so if you're curious on how to participate, email dingle or jeb or wonder.
um...that's all i can think of for now. next: pointers for survival.
this is just some asylum etiquette. these are not set in stone rules of the board, just some things that we respectfully request you keep in mind when posting here:
1. no spam. spam sucks. if you want to talk about your website a little, yeah, post a link in your sig and mention it once. but please don't create five or six threads about how cool it is. we all know that your flash art sucks anyway.
2. when replying to someone, and you feel the need to quote them, snip the post down a little to save some scrolling. we're all lazy as fuck, so please just leave the bare minimum required to understand your post.
3. yes, you can put pictures in your sigs. but please try to keep the physical size to a minimum- maybe 150 pixels high max, and 500 pixels wide. again, it's a scrolling thing.
4. if you post about a new movie that you went to see in the lost forum, and an hour later your thread is gone- don't cry censorship! it's probably been moved to the proper forum, Sensory Overload. sometimes people post specific stuff in the lost forum, and a moderator will leave it because it's getting alot of attention. but it will eventually get moved to the proper forum.
5. this is more of a "just so you know thing"...we hate you. with every fibre in our being, we yearn to just kick you in the face and drag your carcass through the dirt.
not really. but if you get derided or flamed alot, don't take it personally. this is a really abrasive forum, and we enjoy (immensely) pointing out every stupid thing you do. so either sink or swim.
that's it. i'm tapped out. find something to amuse yourselves with for awhile.