Columbine closed down for a year after a remodel then opened up again.
Here's the Aurora Movie establishment. Supposed to open up again in January.
Me thinks the school will stay closed and made into a monument or a memorial of some kind only because the town is so small. And another school built elsewhere in the town.
It kind of sickens me the way folks suddenly pretend to give an actual shit, through all this, about something they obviously won't be actually looking into other than to trigger-finger things they think will have an emotional content.
A great example is that "number of kids killed with guns" poster. Ha! If the number is accurate - have you looked into # deaths / annum vs other means of demise? I can only imagine 'nope' and 'won't soon neither none'.
2012 has been blues proudly revealing that they are every bit the stupid, noxious, nose-led jerks their red counterparts are, just as full of shit, just as likely to vomit back the recentest lies of their ideologues - gah. I've always wondered how Repubs can stand to be in their own skins and now I just want your awful children to eat you, all of you. You all helped make this situation and dumped a ton of shit on people like Mouse for sticking their noses in - now you want to bypass all that "figuring out how to feed and educate your evil spawn" work and just fall in line with every other country in history that's gone down this road? another thing the wailing and gnashing multitude have failed to even cursorily look into. Gahhhh!!! Fuckers. Where is the passion about anything that actually threatens people? Where is the urgent need to outlaw usury? Poisons in your water? Just anything?
It's really sickening and I've lost the ability to forgive it or overlook it at this time. I don't know. Fuck the internet, and fuck human beings. I seriously hate a massive chunk of the caboodle today.
EDIT: took out the inflammatory confrontational mean part
Last edited by Mister Freign on 12-18-2012 at 05:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by DRZ Just wait till coin sees this!
I don't get the McVeigh comparison. I would say the use of his example hints at a tasteless massaging of murder numbers, but then again, I compare mass murder with drone killings and end up at a different conclusion.
I'll just have to go with LF being justified in posting complete nonsense because HE LIVES THERE.
The newest thing now is mental health. Our governor is expanding it to include a 24 hour hotline and better access to emergency care.
I would like this to lead to a real bonified Universal Health care system but then again,this is America.
quote:Originally posted by Rokkr Randy Blythe 'Disgusted' By Audience In Oregon
1. LAMB OF GOD frontman Randy Blythe has a few words for the fans in Medford, Oregon. After the show last Friday, Blythe took to Instagram to post his thoughts on why he has never been so disgusted by a crowd of people before.
2. While on stage, Blythe called for 60 seconds of silence during LAMB OF GOD's set to honor the victims of the recent Connecticut school shooting, several people refused to honor his wishes.
3. "I have never been more disgusted with an audience in my life. I wish we hadn't played," he wrote.
4. "We, LAMB OF GOD, asked for sixty seconds of silence during our first set break to honor the dead children and teachers in Connecticut. It seemed appropriate â€” it's a goddamned national TRAGEDY.
5. "Most of the crowd complied, but several didn't, some cursing and even laughing.
6. "I wanted to walk off stage.
7. "I am so disgusted right now.
8. "If you were one of those who wouldn't shut up for SIXTY LOUSY SECONDS to honor twenty MURDERED CHILDREN, go look in the mirror. You are looking at a piece of shit. Your parents are obviously pieces of shit too, because they raised you to behave with no dignity.
9. "To the fans who were respectful, I thank you. I am also sorry you have so many goddamned assholes in your community. You should do something about that.
10. "This shit would not have happened at a LAMB OF GOD show where I live, and that is a FACT. We have more manners.
11. "I am just disgusted. Thoroughly DIGUSTED. You yelling people give metal a band name. Screw that, you give humanity a bad name. Grow up. Your parents should have beaten some manners into you, you savage little beasts.
12. "With that I will go to bed, say a prayer for those suffering, and hope for a better day tomorrow, because tonight SUCKED."
13. Stay classy Medford.
Numbered for easy reference.
1. Instagram = Hardcore. If you were more disgusted would you have sent a Hallmark card, "Roses are red, violets are blue, guess which rocker is upset with you.". Fag.
2. Nobody turns up at a concert for silence, you are paid to play, so play. If you wish to call for silence, pick up a gun and shoot everyone. Silence, check.
3. Stay home, earn less. Want a paycheck, do your fucking job.
4. Appropriate?? See #2 and then consider how much time you'll play if you honor all of the national tragedies, pick them all or fuck off.
5. How dare they, they chose to act as individuals, fringe, non-conformist. You play what containing what lyrics???
6. But you stuck it out in the interests of your paycheck, you fucking sellout.
7. There are children starving in the nation, you're disgusted, you lose.
8. So dignified, saying that everyone with a rowdy child is a piece of shit. Your folks must reek!
9. A school-shooting perhaps, be specific you wanker, offer a solution or keep moving.
10. Stay there, fill your niche so full that you have to take a job at Mc Donalds for a raise in pay.
11. Advocating parental abuse, perfect way to foster future 60 second silence requests, well done.
12. I read that as, "I want some candy, I-WANT-SOME-CANDY!, no? I'm going to my room!"
13. Que? You get through roughing a crowd up for their insolent behavior and then sign off with either a final insult or cliquey phrase?
quote:The White House has given its clearest indication yet that President Obama will do everything in his power to reinstate a ban on assault weapons following Friday's horrific massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut.
After keeping relatively quiet about gun control during his first term, the President is now poised to push for new gun control measures.
Obama has long backed such a ban, but the White House has said the president can't act alone and until now there has been little appetite in Congress to enact new gun laws.
quote:Originally posted by DRZ Out of interest, what do they do with schools where mass shootings have taken place, re-open them or bulldoze them?
i actually saw a story on this very issue today. the amish school where 5 kids died was bulldozed. columbine was remodeled. virginia tech turned the building into a center for studies on nonviolence. mostly it seemed to be about 2:1 remodel to demolish.
They will remodel it, it will remain closed the remainder of the year ( my guess)
I don't have an issue with semi auto rifles being banned, I can still purchase them anyway. Not that id want to, not really into them, Ive got 3, they are collectors, they aren't shot. I do have a tax stamp though for a modded ar15 though.
Let Obama ban them, he has no desire to fully ban guns and most people don't need those types of weapons he wants to ban anyway. Also, most people who want them either have them or are buying them now. Business is booming for me. Pretty sad tragedy makes my business skyrocket. Im giving back though, offering free and or discounts for school district employees.
Shocked more of you are ok with guns, really thought this would be a anti gun thread, enjoyed the read.