Asylum Forums
Show all 15 posts from this thread on one page

Asylum Forums (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/index.php)
- Sensory Overload (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=6)
-- radio: is it dead? (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/showthread.php?threadid=11385)

Posted by morgana on 08-03-2000 01:38 AM:

Post radio: is it dead?

i remember back in the day, when radio was actually halfway decent. they didn't play the same fucking song over and over, and dj's could actually do something called "taking requests". it's where you could pick a song that you wanted to hear, even if it wasn't on the playlist! what a concept! nowadays it seems like everything's automated, there's usually no dj there, and if he/she is, they say "sorry kid, can't play that. it's not on the playlist". what happened to my radio?

what do you think?

Posted by ironroot on 08-03-2000 01:40 AM:

i believe you are correct.

HOT TOPIC HOT TOPIC HOT TOPIC HOT TOPIC HOT TOPIC

------------------
its me,
your misery.
--ironroot

Posted by Dingle on 08-03-2000 01:43 AM:

i remember when rock stations didnt play rap. Those were the good ole days.

Posted by ironroot on 08-03-2000 01:44 AM:

indeed..indeed. *shares a momment of sentiment with dingle*

------------------
its me,
your misery.
--ironroot

Posted by MadBomber on 08-03-2000 02:01 AM:

what's a "radio"?

Posted by exodus on 08-03-2000 02:13 AM:

Question

radio's not dead in northern california (mid really)

ksjo plays requests (though they often put you through humiliating shit to get it. good fun!) plus they're vulgar, djs are constantly threatened with being kicked off the air...great station.

so I disagree. however it's certainly lost the position as focal point of the american family's entertainment.

Posted by bacidath on 08-03-2000 05:18 AM:

in fl we had a bad ass station ..it was pirate radio..they played shit like lunachicks,gwar, cannibal corpse..all kinds of shit. they got shut down a few years ago all their stuff confiscated..well i guess thats what happens when you have something good going

------------------
i saw a roach climb up the wall with his cock out..how bout that

Posted by stormydoctor on 08-03-2000 06:25 AM:

Theres too many advertisements on it for me too listen to it.

------------------
my cock is small

Posted by bacidath on 08-03-2000 06:39 AM:

i listen to college radio a lot..there are not many ads on there..damn funny djs too

------------------
i saw a roach climb up the wall with his cock out..how bout that

Posted by shnakeman on 08-03-2000 08:08 AM:

In these parts,radio has always sucked.Except for a few shows on a couple college stations.But as far as turning on the radio and hearing something that I like, it just doesn't happen.When was the last time you heard RAZOR on the radio?

------------------
God told me to skin you alive.

Posted by Shadow23 on 08-03-2000 08:29 AM:

Radio in Denver sucks my ass. All the major stations are owned by the same conglomerate, and they all play the same songs. Pop radio= Blink 182, Offspring, Backstreet Boys. Alt radio= Blink 182, Offspring, Beastie Boys. "Adult" radio= Phil Collins, Hootie and the Suckfish (I mean, they blow... I mean... Blowfi... forget it) and, uh, Phil Collins. Then, there's the R&B/Hip-pop station, staffed entirely by white people. Yeesh.

I have no tape deck or CD player in my car. I am subjected to this crap daily. I'd get one, but it would be worth more than the car itself.

There's a little college station on AM waay up in Boulder that plays some seriously eclectic shit (Black Flag and Glenn Miller within the same hour), but since I'm on the wrong side of town, it does me no good driving to work.

So, for my intents and purposes, I'd have to say, yes, broadcast radio is dead. Internet radio, on the other hand...

------------------
the drunkard formerly known as S8N93

Posted by The Stopper on 08-03-2000 03:19 PM:

Radio has become too much of a commercial media, luckily restricted licences and pirate radio stations are still good enough to keep it alive.

Long Live Pirate Radio.

Its a pity we don't get college radio in the UK I think it would help our music industry.

Posted by ironroot on 08-03-2000 04:46 PM:

um, there's this DJ down here in miami named Razor. i don't know if you that's who you're talking about or if that's a band or what.
/me is ignorant

------------------
its me,
your misery.
--ironroot

Posted by shnakeman on 08-03-2000 07:20 PM:

RAZOR was a band from Canada.A true speed metal band.They played killer songs like Brass knuckles,Shotgun Justice,Violence Condoned.A real pleasant easy listening thing.They never really got past playing in bars.They really kicked ass and should have gone a lot further.Their best cd's were Shotgun Justice,and Open Hostility.

------------------
God told me to skin you alive.

Posted by Dude111 on 07-02-2018 04:21 AM:

I hate radio....... Nothing but digital trash on every station!!!

Even college stations now that for along time still played records..... Alot of them now are playing CDs or they pipe stuff in from a laptop,etc........

It all sounds like crap....... The only way to get GOOD analog sound I guess is to have records,VHS,cassettes and 8 tracks!

Yes Im a dire analogue lover