Asylum Forums Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »
Show all 146 posts from this thread on one page

Asylum Forums (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/index.php)
- The Lost Forum (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=3)
-- Another THT thread... (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/showthread.php?threadid=15049)

Posted by squee on 09-07-2001 04:24 PM:

Another THT thread...

To paraphrase some horse sense...it ain't about the board, it's about the people in it.

I'd hate to think that the kind of things we discuss could die if THT goes under. I'd like to think all the Tribals are welcome among the Asylumnites...what do you suppose are the chances of us getting our own little forum here?

What does polite society know of the secret hearts of men?
What shows the shuttered window but all the evil you can imagine?

Posted by aminal on 09-07-2001 04:31 PM:

is TLF not good enough for you.

there is nothing that could be discussed there that cannot be discussed here, i assure you.

aminal
Turn sigs off

Posted by Goatboy on 09-07-2001 04:42 PM:

Different dynamic.

Because of the smaller readership, threads will stay in view and in circulation longer.

People won't feel so much as one in a big crowd in their own little forum.

A lot of the THT people don't like Asylum people.

Given that it isn't much work to tack one more forum onto this site, why not?

I suppose you'd have to wait to see if RW is genuinely keeping it down and not playing the 5 year old child again.

I suppose you'd have to see a fair bit of interest in this happening from the THT membership too.

Arbeit Macht Frei

Posted by aminal on 09-07-2001 04:48 PM:

the more i think about it - the better the idea becomes... create them thier forum, and you remove it from RW's control...

should be good for a laugh for a week or two.

if not - i'll setup a forum on my site and you guys can move there :P

aminal
Turn sigs off

Posted by SocialParasite on 09-07-2001 05:11 PM:

Because I'm so out of the loop, I must ask: What's THT? I understand that it's a forum, but much more beyond that is not known.

Just curious.

Posted by Koliedrus on 09-07-2001 05:34 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by aminal
is TLF not good enough for you.

there is nothing that could be discussed there that cannot be discussed here, i assure you.

Getting me to restate the issues I've attempted to drag from darkness into the light were difficult to put into words the first time around. A second attempt is out of the question.

I appreciate your intention, Squee. I'll have to opt out.

Posted by Billyman on 09-07-2001 05:36 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by SocialParasite
Because I'm so out of the loop, I must ask: What's THT? I understand that it's a forum, but much more beyond that is not known.

Just curious.

http://www.thehypertribe.net/

sorry about the spam

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

- Albert Einstein

Posted by wonderaz on 09-07-2001 05:47 PM:

We will create a forum for you (doing it as I type) and call it "Politico De Tribal.

How's that?

You can set up your own chatroom (#tribal) in our chcat too.

Posted by SocialParasite on 09-07-2001 05:48 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Billyman

http://www.thehypertribe.net/

sorry about the spam

It ain't SPAM if it's in response to a question directly related to the subject.

Unfortunately, since the forum is down I can't get a feel for what the place is about, but from what I can gather (from the main page) it seems like a political page geared towards conspiracy theories and political rantings.

Of course, that's all I can get from the front page.

Posted by wonderaz on 09-07-2001 06:26 PM:

OK, There you go, squee.

We will iron out the details, moding and such later. You started this rolling so it is up to you to inform the Tribals that it is here.

Posted by Koliedrus on 09-07-2001 06:32 PM:

Dream control, relativity, relationships, history...

Once or three times I recall stopping every aspect of my life to assist (or stand by to assist) Tribals in distress. I've been mistaken often by reading too much into posted words. I've taken action just in case. I've even been made fun of for taking the rantings of unknowns too seriously.
That didn't stop me from having phone numbers in place in case someone tipped the scale and plunged into darkness (aka: suicidal tendancies)

I'm one of the people who actually gives a shit.

Posted by wonderaz on 09-07-2001 06:37 PM:

I know that, Kol. I respect few on the net as much as you. I hope you continue with your mindset, it is unique.

I do mean that but when I reread it I had this disturbing feeling that we should fondle each other for a minute.
Sorry, I'm ok now.

Posted by Smug Git on 09-07-2001 06:37 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Koliedrus
*snip*

You are a nice guy, Kol. Will you post here like at THT (at least until THT is up gain, if it happens)? I enjoyed talking about physics with you and other stuff. I know you post here sometimes any way, but while THT is down...

STAY!!

I want to live and I want to love
I want to catch something that I might be ashamed of

Posted by Leroy Binks on 09-07-2001 06:43 PM:

Why wouldn't THT people like Asylum people? Asylum people are shiny.

Retired... so tired....

Posted by buddha's penis on 09-07-2001 06:49 PM:

i don't understand. what are these hypertribe-only issues?

Posted by Dog Breath on 09-07-2001 07:13 PM:

Hey Wonder.

How about making Kol the moderator for that forum?

I can't think of any one I would trust with the responsibility more.

Posted by Krogoth on 09-07-2001 08:54 PM:

i have never been to tht put the asylum kicks ass and i can see no reason why you would want to go anywhere else.

Posted by squee on 09-07-2001 08:55 PM:

I dunno if they are THT-only. But, whenever I try to post some really heady political thing, I get a long novel written by sp00ky, and ten or so replies that all amount to :-| ...

So I figured, if the limeys aren't interested, why pepper their board with our Lib rantings?

Posted by MstrG on 09-07-2001 08:58 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Dog Breath
How about making Kol the moderator for that forum?

Sounds like a very fine idea ... Kol would need to volunteer himself of course ...

Posted by Koliedrus on 09-08-2001 02:16 PM:

*sigh*

I'll need to know more about what's involved before I will even consider taking such a hot seat.

I appreciate the votes of confidence but ...

I just don't know. At present, I'd rather just post and read without the attached responsibility. Hopefully that will change.

My email address is on file.

Posted by Rabble Rouser on 09-08-2001 02:52 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Leroy Binks
Why wouldn't THT people like Asylum people? Asylum people are shiny.

I like shiny things.

"Hello? Thailand? How's everything on your end? Uh huh, yeah...that's some language you got there! And you talk like that 24/7, huh?"

Posted by Dog Breath on 09-08-2001 07:35 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Koliedrus
*sigh*

I'll need to know more about what's involved before I will even consider taking such a hot seat.

I appreciate the votes of confidence but ...

I just don't know. At present, I'd rather just post and read without the attached responsibility. Hopefully that will change.

My email address is on file.

I have conducted myself as best I could in this opera. I wonder if you feel I am one of the people whom acted without "Respectability". I think I was justified in my actions but we all justify within ourselves our own actions.
I suggested you as a moderator because I believe you to be objective and able to put the good of the group over your own feelings.

I wouldn't expect you to do any more than remove spam and inapropriate content. I believe you would do it with an even hand. Moderation is an act of sacrifice. You will be disliked by all at some point but I think you can handle it diplomatically.

I wouldn't mind moderating but as one of the "Turn coats" I would not be accepted by all.

Understand I did what I have done out of principle, not from spite.

Posted by DevilMoon on 09-08-2001 07:46 PM:

I think its cool that you guys have offered to set up a pseudo-THT here, but in some ways I don't get it. Why set up a forum that is contrary to the ideals of this one in some ways? And by that I don't mean the content or quality of discussion, but deleting offending posts? I refuse to believe that THT people are so fragile that they need to be treated with kid gloves, in fact most of them who have been hanging around seem like cool people. I guess its not meant to be seen as part of the asylum, I dunno.

D

Posted by squee on 09-08-2001 10:38 PM:

THT has no life outside of the life which we give it. Therefore it is not the forum or any kind of "group mind" but rather individual people who engage in offensive actions (such as deleting posts).

Anyway I don't see a THT-like forum...or rather, a forum dedicated to Libertarian stuff (since that was the original focus of THT) needing any sort of "management," per se. It's just a place for us to post news tidbits and discuss political stuff that most people in TLF would find uninteresting at best and possibly offensive at worst, everyone here being a pinko commie slob

For all my day-to-day needs...ie, just conversing with people...I will use TLF, but for various political fuckery I will probably confine myself to the THT forum.

Posted by morgana on 09-08-2001 11:06 PM:

i understand, sort of, why you would want a "seperate" forum for tht members...but isn't that a bit seperatist? i mean, it's not like tht members are going to discuss anything differently than what's already discussed in the tlf- hell, most of the time people posted double posts, one here and one at tlf. it just seems a bit elitist to me.

if your reasoning is that you don't want off topic responses and idiotic remarks, well guess what? it's going to happen. we DON'T censor here. anyone and everyone is more than welcome to show their moronic side. so again, i ask, why do you need a seperate forum?

personally, i liked alot of the serious discussions that happened at tht. by putting them in another forum, where less people will see them, you're going to be taking away from the serious side of tlf. plus, you're going to get the inevitable "forum moves" of threads: does this mean that any political or libertarian discussion can now only be held in the new forum? and if i do post an interesting political thread here in tlf, are any of the tht members going to participate?

" some tht members don't get along with asylum members".

sooo...does that mean i'm not allowed to go into this new forum? face it: even with a "new" forum created just for you, guess what...you just became an asylum member by posting in it.

sorry...i just think that by seperating yourselves from the main group, it makes you look elitist. like you're too good for us, or something.

generated by sloganizer.net