Asylum Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 28 posts from this thread on one page

Asylum Forums (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/index.php)
- The Lost Forum (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=3)
-- A Question of Potential Significance... (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/showthread.php?threadid=15365)

Posted by Feral Automaton on 09-15-2001 02:26 AM:

A Question of Potential Significance...

Please don't jump to conclusions or become alarmed by this:

I've got a question, and I'm having a difficult time finding any answers. Maybe some of you can help (this is potentially important).

We've had an exchange student for a while. He's a family friend from Saudi Arabia and he came through here two weeks ago. Through him I've met the local muslim population who are all quite cool people. When he came through he made some rather bizarre statements about a war that was about to happen between america and the middle east, and that he knew something and couldn't share it with us. He only told us that he wished that we were muslim.

We haven't heard from him much since the attacks other than that he thought america deserved this.

He gave my mom, and specifically my mom, the koran before he left on his first visit.

On this visit, he gave our family a ceremonial dagger. Does anyone know what either of these things might signify? Does anyone know the or have a list of the names of various symbolic daggers?

Anyway, his comments were a little weird. Thought that I'd share. I'm not being paranoid. He said more, but I think that you folks get the idea.

Look, I like this guy a lot, and if his comments weren't so fucking cryptic I might not care. But he talked to us about how when this war came he would fight and that he would die.

Anyway, thanks for reading. If you have any info. on the dagger or koran as a gift thing please share.

Thanks.

Posted by Krogoth on 09-15-2001 02:29 AM:

google?

Posted by Feral Automaton on 09-15-2001 02:30 AM:

peace scrotum...

Also, he's normally a very jovial fellow. These comments were extremely out of character. He only ever jokes around with us, and these were said with a finite certainty that was kind of strange.

He's not the kind of guy who would suddenly chime in that a war, and that "something big" was about to happen to the US and that he was prepared to die fighting in it.

Posted by Feral Automaton on 09-15-2001 02:30 AM:

vagrant!

Tried google. Couldn't find anything, although I can be an idiot with computers.

Posted by Shadow23 on 09-15-2001 02:33 AM:

(just a suggestion)

Y'might ask him point blank which side he intends to die for, and then either welcome him or politely invite him to return home based on the answer.

Posted by Feral Automaton on 09-15-2001 02:41 AM:

space soap opera...

He would die for his religion was what he was implying. He would die fighting america.

Posted by JoeyCat on 09-15-2001 02:44 AM:

Re: A Question of Potential Significance...

quote:
Originally posted by Feral Automaton
We haven't heard from him much since the attacks other than that he thought america deserved this.

No one deserves this Feral, no one.

=^.^=

Posted by Feral Automaton on 09-15-2001 02:48 AM:

limp nodes...

"No one deserves this Feral, no one."- Joeycat.

Not my statement about deserves, Joeycat - that was his.

Posted by Lightbulb on 09-15-2001 02:49 AM:

Daggers here.

Very odd story. I will speak with my friend in Jordan.

Posted by Feral Automaton on 09-15-2001 02:52 AM:

tasty diabolical...

Thanks Lightbulb.

Tell me whatever you find.

I'll assume it's all just typical we hate america stuff for now. Safe than sorry, I suppose.

Posted by JoeyCat on 09-15-2001 02:54 AM:

Re: limp nodes...

quote:
Originally posted by Feral Automaton
Not my statement about deserves, Joeycat - that was his.
I know Feral, but you are here

=^.^=

Posted by Feral Automaton on 09-15-2001 03:07 AM:

sadism implies rust!

Joeycat:

I understand.

And to everyone else. Ignore this all if you don't have anything to add. I really like this guy and I don't want to see him get fucked over. He's fucking cool, and I don't want to slander the bloke.

I'm just curious about the symbolism stuff. I'll talk to him about his views, granted that he appears again...

Thanks for the responses.

Goodnight!

Posted by billgerat on 09-15-2001 03:30 AM:

The arab world has yet to learn of the power of non-violence.

Back in the 1960's when blacks began the their struggle for civil rights, MLK stood fast with the non-violent protest. Other black leaders, notably Malcolm X, derided King and his followers for not standing up to violence against them and physically retaliating, calling them naieve.

But MLK persisted, and his protests were noted for their peaceful demonstrations.

One demonstration though became a defining moment for the civil rights movement, and greatly helped to change popular perception of the black movement.

MLK and his followers were marching in Birmingham, Alabama (I forget the year right now, but the date is not necessary), carrying on their protest as usual, peacefully walking up and down the streets and causing no trouble. Bull Conner, the police commissioner and widely noted black hater, decided he wasn't going to have blacks protesting in his town so he sent the police and the fire department to the scene and had them set loose attack dogs and high pressure fire hoses on the demonstrators.

TV cameras were there that day and they recorded the whole event, which played on the nightly national news broadcasts. Millions of Americans watched in horror as they saw scene after scene of black men, women, and children who were protesting peacefully being attacked and bitten by the dogs, and knocked down by the fire hoses and driven off the sidewalks. People were shocked to see this, and even several segregationists admitted that the blacks had not deserved such treatment. This one event changed many minds and hearts about civil rights. Many who watched that didn't even care about the plight of the blacks became supporters overnight.

Now imagine this. What if the civil rights movement had become an armed struggle, with blacks shooting whites and bombing white churches in retaliation, and used the methods of terror to gain their goals? How far do you think they would have got? No one would have sympathized with them in this country. They would have alienated whites and likely segregation and hate would still rule against them to this very day.

Arabs, and especially the Palestinians, would be wise to learn from this. If they stopped their violence and terrorism and began a campaign of peaceful protest, and the world began seeing the Israelis mistreat them on their TV sets night after night, eventually world opinion would turn against Israel and powerful pressure would be used upon Israel to give the Palestinians a state of their own and make peace with them.

Terrorism only causes a deadly circle of violence that will never end. MLK had the right idea, and it worked.

"Republicans: the party that brought us 'Just Say No.' First as a drug policy, then as their entire platform." -Stephen Colbert -

Posted by euphorbia on 09-15-2001 03:33 AM:

This has got to be bait.

Posted by Shadow23 on 09-15-2001 03:46 AM:

It's a shame the Muslims didn't hang out with the Hindus more. I mean, as long as they were over there...

Ghandi got respect. bin Laden's just going to get his ass kicked.
By a Texas redneck frat-boy fuckstick, at that...

(at least we know it'll be a proper ass-whuppin')

Oh well...

Posted by Dog Breath on 09-15-2001 03:50 AM:

I know I am going to sound like a totall asshole saying this but hopefully everyone knows my intentions are good.

He sounds confused and pulled toward his heritage.

If he is willing to fight against America on principle, I admire him for his conviction.

WATCH OUT!!!!!!

If it is in his head that America is the enemy he could lash out physically.

I know "He isn't that kind of guy". No one is. Sometimes a situation will bring out the most unexpected side of ourselves. The quietest kid can turn to murder.

Hypothetical situation:

He sees America deserving punishment. He is in a position to do great harm since he has been accepted and can walk freely around and has intimate information about your local infrastructure.

In the fray his family gets killed by American bombs or by retaliation to American attacks. He snaps. YOU ARE IN TROUBLE.
It is possible he gave your mother a Koran to hold himself blameless for sending your family to hell. He gave you the opportunity to accept his religion. If he has to kill you he is now blameless for your fate.

Please understand this is information for the safety of your family. Even if you don't believe this to be possible the seed is planted and if his behavior becomes more bizarre you will be on your guard.

That scenario has little chance of happening but you are at a much higher risk of it than your neighbors whom have an exchange student from Japan.

I am almost not able to hit the submit button. I don't want you to distrust your friend but I feel obligated to give you this warning.

Posted by euphorbia on 09-15-2001 03:53 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Shadow23
It's a shame the Muslims didn't hang out with the Hindus more. I mean, as long as they were over there...

Oh well...

If we are lucky maybe Feral's fantastic friend will get some too since it appears he seemed to have knowledge of a mass murder but figured they all deserved it because they were in a country he didnít like. May be feral can get him some nice Ku Klux Klan friends who coincidently share a lot of the same reasoning that his wonderful friend does.

Posted by Shadow23 on 09-15-2001 04:15 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by euphorbia
May be feral can get him some nice Ku Klux Klan friends who coincidently share a lot of the same reasoning that his wonderful friend does.

I assume and hope this is pure sarcasm. Otherwise I shall now beat my head against a wall.

Give the man an honorable chance to say "Thank you, no, fuck off" and get back to his side of the scrimmage line. He didn't personally fly anyone into anything. He's got exactly until the day we start bombing.

Posted by Shadow23 on 09-15-2001 04:21 AM:

On a semi-related note, I was trying to tell one of my newly-"let's go bomb a mosque" friends that the towelheadcases responsible for this crap are no better or worse than the Xtianzombievampires that bomb abortion clinics.

Fundamentalism is bad, mmkay?
Taking life that literally is just not healthy.

Posted by Shadow23 on 09-15-2001 04:30 AM:

On a futher random tangent (somebody please put the bong away), I just watched a sequence on MSNBC (with the sound off and the Sisters playing in the background) showing the plane hitting the first tower, then a low shot of the White House in a bright blue sky. I can honestly say that if one of the UFO's from "Independence Day" pulled up and blasted it, with a banner screaming "LIVE", I would not have been at the least bit surprised.

These are fucked-up days we have found ourselves in.

Posted by Deadpool on 09-15-2001 04:51 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Shadow23

By a Texas redneck frat-boy fuckstick, at that...

(at least we know it'll be a proper ass-whuppin')

Oh well...

I'd doubt it. India and Pakistan hate eachother with a passion. They have nukes pointed at each other.

Fuck you I wont do what you tell me. -RATM

Posted by Gazin on 09-15-2001 02:48 PM:

Have you and your family considered calling the FBI?

Listen to your words "When he came through he made some rather bizarre statements about a war that was about to happen between america and the middle east, and that he knew something and couldn't share it with us. He only told us that he wished that we were muslim.

I would have to myself, thats to much to suit coincidence...

Would I could explain,
these whirlwinds of dichotomies,
runnin through my brain

Posted by A.D.H.D on 09-15-2001 03:02 PM:

If I was alive when nostradamus made his predictions, I would have rung the FBI too, Gazin.

gay for mugtoe

Posted by Lightbulb on 09-15-2001 03:06 PM:

My friend in Jordan has this to say, Feral:

"The dagger means nothing to me, nor am I impressed by cryptic statements. Many make statements like that, Arabs more than most, and many like to feel important (knowing things that others don't). That he feels America deserves this is not an uncommon sentiment, and not one limited to the Middle East. Why he gave a copy of the Koran to 'mom' I don't know either. That he talked about an impending war is not so strange. The intifada has worn away at the patience of many Arabs vis-a-vis American policy. However, while neither of these things add up to much in my opinion, and while it is easy to be a bit paranoid in the circumstances, the bottom line is your friend's gut feeling. Perhaps a direct confrontation is in order, rather than a complaint to the police. Witchhunts are easy to start..."

The last sentence is the one EVERYONE should bear in mind.

Posted by euphorbia on 09-15-2001 03:12 PM:

Gunmen shoot boy as warning to India not to help US against Taliban

Gunmen in India who shot a 10 year-old-boy left a note warning the government not to support the US in any retaliatory action against the Taliban.

The men opened fire from a passing car as Akshaya Sikarwar stood outside his school in Agra.

They threw the note from the car warning the government not to support the US, adding otherwise, no Hindu will survive.

The boy is out of danger after surgeons removed two bullets from his waist, The Times of India reports.

Agra's police chief RR Bhatnagar says he suspects the gunmen wanted to inflame local religious tensions.

Security has been tightened in the city following the incident.

Story filed: 07:58 Saturday 15th September 2001
------------------------------------

These are the kind of people we are dealing with...these people do not represent Islam...these people are shit as is anyone who thinks people deserve to die because of the country they come from. But thats just my opinion.

taste the fucking rainbow & dont touch my junk.