Asylum Forums Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »
Show all 63 posts from this thread on one page

Asylum Forums (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/index.php)
- The Lost Forum (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=3)
-- how do YOU do it? (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/showthread.php?threadid=19344)

Posted by coffeeman on 01-13-2002 07:47 AM:

how do YOU do it?

Okay people, I don't have all the time in the world to spend trying to keep up with the amount of traffic here, and I can easily spend all the time I have wading through the threads just looking for some I want to participate in.

When I have been posting, it's easy enough to just come on and search the threads for ones I have posted in, but when I come in for the first time of the day, and want to see what's shakin, or when I run out of threads that I have participated in that are still getting activity, what am I to do? And to make it even worse, I have no way to hide threads I do not want a part of, and it's pretty hard to remember which ones those are.

How do YOU decide what threads to read, without spending an hour reading them all? I don't really know anyone here, so I can't really judge by the thread starter yet, and subject lines are generally pretty vague.

Posted by urbanjunkie on 01-13-2002 07:50 AM:

i pretty much read everything. but working a nightshift, i have the time.

Posted by SocialParasite on 01-13-2002 07:52 AM:

I have no life outside of work.

Posted by geaeslore on 01-13-2002 07:53 AM:

I just spend the time, I mean what the hell else am I gonna do?

Posted by Skeet on 01-13-2002 07:53 AM:

I usually already know what I am going to say. I just try to work that in to someones thread.

Posted by Inky on 01-13-2002 07:58 AM:

Re: how do YOU do it?

quote:
Originally posted by coffeeman
How do YOU decide what threads to read, without spending an hour reading them all? I don't really know anyone here, so I can't really judge by the thread starter yet, and subject lines are generally pretty vague.

just read a bunch of stuff, decide who you enjoy reading out of the bunch, and start with them.

Posted by greenleakynipples on 01-13-2002 08:03 AM:

I usually go by a combination of thread title, number of posts (if it has a bunch, and I haven't read it yet, it's not worth my time to read through all 4 pages), and who posted. There are a couple people I read everything they post, and there are some people who I'm starting to categorically ignore.

Leakynips.

Posted by coffeeman on 01-13-2002 08:07 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Skeet
I usually already know what I am going to say. I just try to work that in to someones thread.

I think I like that idea!

Posted by Princess_Heather on 01-13-2002 08:31 AM:

I just read them all...

I like to be updated on everything that's going on and I hate having the feeling that I've missed something. If I somebody says something that warrants a reply from me, I reply, if not I move on to the next thread.

I just thougt I would mention how much I HATE those god damn condescending Progresso vs Campbell's soup commercials.

Posted by coffeeman on 01-13-2002 08:35 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Princess_Heather
[B]I just read them all...

I like to be updated on everything that's going on and I hate having the feeling that I've missed something. If I somebody says something that warrants a reply from me, I reply, if not I move on to the next thread.

No offense, but JESUS CHRIST GET A LIFE!

I have the time to read them all, but I do other things with my time, like see people, read books, play with guns, reload ammo, go snowboarding, go to parties, clubs, go on roadtrips... all these things (and a lot of others) are more important to me than these forums. They are the reason I don't have time to read them all.

Posted by coffeeman on 01-13-2002 08:36 AM:

quote:
I just thougt I would mention how much I HATE those god damn condescending Progresso vs Campbell's soup commercials.

I agree. Fuck Progresso. I like condensed soup.

Posted by Princess_Heather on 01-13-2002 08:53 AM:

quote:

No offense, but JESUS CHRIST GET A LIFE!

I have the time to read them all, but I do other things with my time, like see people, read books, play with guns, reload ammo, go snowboarding, go to parties, clubs, go on roadtrips... all these things (and a lot of others) are more important to me than these forums. They are the reason I don't have time to read them all.

Please don't be so shallow as to assume you know me, my life and what I do with the 160 hours per week I do NOT spend on line.

Posted by Skeet on 01-13-2002 08:58 AM:

quote:
Please don't be so shallow as to assume you know me

Hahahaha. What a comment. Humor point!!

Posted by greenleakynipples on 01-13-2002 09:03 AM:

quote:

...play with guns, reload ammo...

I have to quote you on this when I say, "No offense, but JESUS CHRIST GET A LIFE!"

Leakynips.

Posted by Princess_Heather on 01-13-2002 09:05 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by greenleakynipples

I have to quote you on this when I say, "No offense, but JESUS CHRIST GET A LIFE!"

Leakynips.

I'm glad someone said it...

Point for you, my friend...

Posted by coffeeman on 01-13-2002 09:07 AM:

quote:
Please don't be so shallow as to assume you know me, my life and what I do with the 160 hours per week I do NOT spend on line.

a) when I say no offense, I mean NO OFFENSE.

b) since you took offense, I think i'll point out that 160 hours offline = 1 1/7 hour a day online. THAT is almost exactly how much time I give to these forums. I have limited myself to 1 hour per day, plus a few minutes here and there top check on threads I have participated in. 1 hour per day is not enough time to read everything. I am sure that you are an uberfast, superman speed reader and that you type 1500 WPM, but even so, just waiting for the pages to load on EVERY thread each day can easily take an hour.

I think you meant "what I do with the 8 hours per week I do NOT spend on line."

GET A LIFE!

Posted by coffeeman on 01-13-2002 09:11 AM:

quote:

Leakynips.

:-P

that takes up very little of my time, I have no life, but at least I don't spend most of my non-life online (unless you count my regular random comments in various IRC channels)

Posted by greenleakynipples on 01-13-2002 09:16 AM:

quote:

:-P

that takes up very little of my time, I have no life, but at least I don't spend most of my non-life online (unless you count my regular random comments in various IRC channels)

Well, you seem to be spend your week's quota of message board time on here tonight... or are you reloading your guns while you check the boards? in which case the time is billable as gun fondling, not necessarily online time, since online time seems to equal no-life time to you.

Quit being a shithead. If you check the boards a couple times a day, it's entirely possible to keep up with them all.

Leakynips.

Posted by coffeeman on 01-13-2002 09:19 AM:

quote:

Well, you seem to be spend your week's quota of message board time on here tonight... or are you reloading your guns while you check the boards? in which case the time is billable as gun fondling, not necessarily online time, since online time seems to equal no-life time to you.

Quit being a shithead. If you check the boards a couple times a day, it's entirely possible to keep up with them all.

Leakynips.

tonight, it just so happens that I am DONE reloading and fondling my guns. I haven't been here in about 5 or so days, so yes, I can afford a little extra time. My only point is that you can't keep up with them and read every post in 1 hour a day. I don't count online time as no life time, I just consider spending all your online time in one place to be rather pathetic. I think heather is a big girl and can stick up for herself, so why not let her do so? or are you just one of those people who can't resist a chance to dis?

Posted by greenleakynipples on 01-13-2002 09:20 AM:

quote:

So basically, as long as I say "no offense" before I talk about how loose and skanky your mother and sister were when they were licking my dog's ass last week, you won't be bothered? Glad we cleared that up.

Leakynips.

Posted by SocialParasite on 01-13-2002 09:23 AM:

Masturbate while reading the forum. Makes the threads pass faster.

Posted by greenleakynipples on 01-13-2002 09:24 AM:

quote:

I don't count online time as no life time, I just consider spending all your online time in one place to be rather pathetic. I think heather is a big girl and can stick up for herself, so why not let her do so? or are you just one of those people who can't resist a chance to dis?

First, I'm sure Heather can stick up for herself, I just think she's real cute and all, and well, I have this thing about being on the good side with cute girls. Even if it was pathetic to be able to keep up with the message board, calling someone on it would be more pathetic, and assholish to boot, and everyone loves to ridicule an asshole.

Plus, that whole gun thing is so pathetic, I've just been waiting for a chance.

Leakynips.

Posted by Princess_Heather on 01-13-2002 09:26 AM:

quote:

b) since you took offense, I think i'll point out that 160 hours offline = 1 1/7 hour a day online. THAT is almost exactly how much time I give to these forums. I have limited myself to 1 hour per day, plus a few minutes here and there top check on threads I have participated in. 1 hour per day is not enough time to read everything. I am sure that you are an uberfast, superman speed reader and that you type 1500 WPM, but even so, just waiting for the pages to load on EVERY thread each day can easily take an hour.

I think you meant "what I do with the 8 hours per week I do NOT spend on line."

GET A LIFE!

Fuck the hell off dillhole. You lose again by assuming that those 8 hours are spread out throughout the entire week. You also may not realize that the speed of my connection is faster than a T3 connection, pages load with a mere flicker of my monitor screen. It shows you have poor social skills and that you don't know very much about people in general. You think that if an attack or insult is preceeded by NO OFFENSE, the person in target is magically protected from being offended. I hope your attempt to feel better about your own pathetic life worked for you.

Oh and one more thing...

No Offense, but you are an ignorant and arrogant shit packer...

*kicks coffeeman in the sack so hard his pants become instantly soaked with sperm and blood*

Posted by coffeeman on 01-13-2002 09:26 AM:

quote:
So basically, as long as I say "no offense" before I talk about how loose and skanky your mother and sister were when they were licking my dog's ass last week, you won't be bothered? Glad we cleared that up.

WOOHOO! You found something else to pick on me for! And just FYI, I would take it in good humor if you preceeded it with a no offense, becasue I cannot hear your voice when you say it, therefore I have no choice but to believe that you mean it in an inoffensive manner. In a case of something like that, well, I'd obviously take it as a joke.

Evidently I hit a sore spot with heather when I mentioned the no life thing, as evidenced by an unnecessarily defensive response.

I could keep going, but heather hasn't been ragging on me like leaky has, so I'll leave her alone.

Posted by Princess_Heather on 01-13-2002 09:29 AM:

quote:

I just consider spending all your online time in one place to be rather pathetic.

What the fuck do you think you are? My cookies folder? Save yourself the embarassment and try to get to know a person before drawing so many ill informed conclusions about them.