Asylum Forums
Show all 16 posts from this thread on one page

Asylum Forums (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/index.php)
- The Lost Forum (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=3)
-- Petersen Auto Museum with WastedP... (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/showthread.php?threadid=20924)

Posted by CAL on 03-10-2002 01:58 AM:

fixed Petersen Auto Museum-WastedP...

Here are a couple of pictures from the visit to the Petersen Automobile Museum this morning (the lighting was very bad for picture taking so please take that into consideration. )

Me playing motorcycle cop:

WastedP wishing he was an Indy Race Car Driver:

WastedP in the Indy Car having flash-backs of his life as a Sprint-Car Racer (okay, maybe not...):

Me driving to work in the old car while wearing my 30's road gear:

Corvette (excuse the bad Photoshop black backround, it was too cluttered):

Um... Don't ask... :

Yep, it was a very interesting day. I took about 75 pictures and only a few are of any use (again, REALLY BAD lighting). I think they know the lighting makes for terrible shots...

CAL :cool2:

"The desert is my church, and hunting is my god." - Me

"Oh you're from Europe? Which part? The one whose ass we saved or the one whose ass we kicked?"

Posted by Dingle on 03-10-2002 02:03 AM:

hehe rawk

Idle hands spend time at the genitals.

Posted by Inky on 03-10-2002 02:16 AM:

i can't get the first pic to load

Posted by CAL on 03-10-2002 02:31 AM:

More, sorry for the bad pics:

Woody:

Lincoln Grill:

Details in Wax Hardy (of Laurel and Hardy fame) - damn creepy things:

That's it for now...

It was a very interesting day, lots of cool stuff. WP is a very cool dude and hopefully he enjoyed himself at the museum (which I think he did).

See ya,

Posted by Dr. Phuck on 03-10-2002 02:37 AM:

CAL? Did we talk about Formula One? I think we did but I was drunk.

Women are like.....Coffee.
The best ones are rich, warm, full-bodied, and can
keep you up all night long.

Posted by CAL on 03-10-2002 02:47 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Phil
CAL? Did we talk about Formula One? I think we did but I was drunk.

I think you mentioned it, but I forget why. Sorry.

Posted by Dr. Phuck on 03-10-2002 02:54 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by CAL
I think you mentioned it, but I forget why.

It was prolly at the point I was saying that Formula One is better than Indy Car and more skillful which it clearly is!

Women are like.....Coffee.
The best ones are rich, warm, full-bodied, and can
keep you up all night long.

Posted by J E B Stuart on 03-10-2002 03:07 AM:

Hey CAL! I don't know why you keep apologizin' about these pictures. I enjoyed the shit outta them. I thought they were good quality, too.

One comment: Some of us are still on dialup. If there's any way to make the pictures smaller so they won't take so long to load, that's sumpin' you might keep in mind. I really, really enjoy looking at pictures, however, I admit to avoiding picture threads at times for the reasons stated above.

Thanks, again. Amen.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should not�the real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Posted by SocialParasite on 03-10-2002 03:12 AM:

I always figured you were a much older man, CAL. Like in your forties or so.

Posted by euphorbia on 03-10-2002 03:12 AM:

Thumbs up

Very cool Cal. Looks like fun.
Nice pics.

taste the fucking rainbow & dont touch my junk.

Posted by DevilMoon on 03-10-2002 03:16 AM:

nice

One of these days I need to drag my camera to Henry Ford museum, they've got Kennedy's death car and huge steam engines all under one roof.

D

Posted by Musashi on 03-10-2002 03:39 AM:

i drive by this museum at least 3 times a week, never had the chance to be inside...

didn't know they let you on/near the cars too tho..that's pretty damn cool

Posted by CAL on 03-10-2002 07:15 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Phil

It was prolly at the point I was saying that Formula One is better than Indy Car and more skillful which it clearly is!

Is Formula One a brand of baby food? (I'm lost here, sorry... )

quote:
Originally posted by SocialParasite
I always figured you were a much older man, CAL. Like in your forties or so.

Hmm... How old do I look??

Posted by WastedPotential on 03-10-2002 07:58 AM:

more info: Petersen Auto Museum

They have a lot of one of a kind concept cars and historically significant rigs, as well as a whole section devoted to Hollywood cars. They have a Tucker, they have one of the turbine-powered Chrysler concepts, they have steve mcqueen's jaguar, they have a rotary Kawasaki road bike, and best of all, they have the paramedic truck from tv's "Emergency!" The cast autographed the inside of the tool chest doors. Even Randolph Mantooth signed it. I'm pretty sure that was my favorite rig there, even better than Raymond Loewy's own personal BMW that he custom designed. (If you don't know who raymond loewy is, try Google, trust me, he's cool.)

The entire third floor of this museum is full of exhibits targeted at children. There are all kinds of hands-on activities that teach basic mechanical principles. They could've made that a museum all by itself and i'd have paid full price to get in.

I should mention the the freaky grunting man is the first thing you see when you walk into the exhibition hall. it sets a weird tone for the whole museum.

pow.

Posted by DevilMoon on 03-10-2002 08:10 AM:

I used to have the Emergency 51 helmet/airtank setup when I was little. I'd like to see the truck.

Posted by CAL on 03-10-2002 04:47 PM:

Okay, here are a couple of more. Unfortunately, I screwed something up with WastedP's cf card and I couldn't transfer the pictures he took at the museum. grr! Luckily, I duplicated almost all of the shots he took (except for a few).

Anyways, here are a couple of more.

"Squad 51, Squad 51... We have an injured child, 5th and Main.."

One of my favourites... Professor Fates' car from "The Great Race"!: