Asylum Forums Pages (35): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » ... Last »
Show all 869 posts from this thread on one page

Asylum Forums (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/index.php)
- Pads 'n Nads (& mousepads) (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=10)
-- The National Football league thread. not soccer. (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/showthread.php?threadid=30766)

Posted by pj on 08-07-2003 01:50 PM:

The National Football league thread. not soccer.

Who do you think will win the superbowl this season? Pre season is just around the corner with the games starting this weekend for most teams. Who do you think will be league MVP? Will Favre make through the season? Will Ricky Willaims be the leading rusher? Can the Buccaneers repeat their feat of last season?

I'm going for a Philadelphia Vs Miami Superbowl.

How about you?

p.s. watch this thread die..

Whatever.

Posted by Smug Git on 08-07-2003 04:07 PM:

I think that Chelsea will have to maybe spend a season or two before they really challenge. But you never know.

I want to live and I want to love
I want to catch something that I might be ashamed of

Posted by mmmtravis on 08-07-2003 04:21 PM:

MIAMI over ATLANTA in the Superbowl.

league mvp will be mike vick, rookie of the year will be philly's jerome mcdougal, ricky will indeed be the leading rusher again, the rams will be 'back,' but they exit early in the playoffs, tomlinson will have another great year, clinton portis and priest holmes will be down from last seasons stats. the raiders will be horrible, both afc wildcards will go to teams in the east, the browns will win their division, andre johnson will out perform charlie rodgers, the texans will be worst than last year, and tampa bay will have difficulties despite maintaining the leagues premiere defense.

well, at least this is the information miss cleo has given me.

picture unrelated

Posted by Cranium Fornication on 08-07-2003 09:53 PM:

Chicago Bears with new mascot "Staley" will take it all...

I just can't concieve of even thinking anything else.. Yes a pathetic diehard fan since I was a kid and my dad took me to Soldier field for every home game.. Wouldn't have it any other way...

Posted by pj on 08-07-2003 10:09 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by mmmsivart
MIAMI over ATLANTA in the Superbowl.

league mvp will be mike vick, rookie of the year will be philly's jerome mcdougal, ricky will indeed be the leading rusher again, the rams will be 'back,' but they exit early in the playoffs, tomlinson will have another great year, clinton portis and priest holmes will be down from last seasons stats. the raiders will be horrible, both afc wildcards will go to teams in the east, the browns will win their division, andre johnson will out perform charlie rodgers, the texans will be worst than last year, and tampa bay will have difficulties despite maintaining the leagues premiere defense.

well, at least this is the information miss cleo has given me.

I dont think Atlanta will me the Bowl, or that Vick will be MVP. They dont have a good enough D, and Vick will get injured before week nine and be out for the season. Plus teams will scheme for him now, and he only has one viable target in Peerless Price. Vick is barely 6' 0", and will die at the hands of a good D like he did at Tampa and Philly last year.

Aside from that i llike your thinking. for what its worth.

Whatever.

Posted by CHiPsJr on 08-07-2003 11:48 PM:

Our time has come.

Kansas City over Philadelphia in the Super Bowl.

Posted by Vegas on 08-08-2003 02:33 AM:

Meh to you all. Patriots will bring back their WORLD DOMINATION!!!

Your whole "I dress like an office drone and act respectable and then sit on forum where we discuss urethra fucking and public torture" bit still creeps me out. I bet it would creep out your co-workers even more.

-m

Posted by Fiend on 08-08-2003 02:49 AM:

Patriots over anyone else in the superbowl!!

Rah! Rah!!

"We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it." -Douglas Adams

Posted by Dead_Inside on 08-08-2003 04:08 AM:

Fuck, I missed the game tonight. Pre-season so it dosent mean a thing. High-lights looked good.

A vastly improved defence on paper. Us Pat fans should have an entertaining season. Go Patriots.

Posted by pj on 08-08-2003 07:10 AM:

I think the Pats have a decent shot but they play in the toughest division in football, and they will stil have problems on the D line and with the running game with only Smith in the backfield. They destroyed the Giants last night, Colvin playing really well. but like D I said its only a pre season game. I just like the way that the Giants look like crap, makes it easier for Philly.

As for the Chiefs, i think htye will be better than last year, but not enough to get to the big game. And beware, Shawn Barber has a dodgy knee and wont be playing with the best secondary in football anymore.

Whatever.

Posted by mmmtravis on 08-08-2003 05:33 PM:

yeah, six of the pats games will be spent trying to catch up to ricky williams, curtis martin, and travis henry... sucks for them.

picture unrelated

Posted by opus on 08-09-2003 06:07 AM:

Defence always[almost]wins.Tampa vs Tennesee in the bowl.When your Defence can score more points than most teams offence,you aint gonna lose,Tampa easy

ps fuck da niners

Posted by Mugtoe on 08-09-2003 06:32 AM:

Big Tuna's gonna take Dallas all the way, but Emmitt Smith'll have a 1200 yard season in AZ just to spite them.

hey, ya roll the dice.

It could happen.

quote:
Originally posted by Smug Git
The brotherhood of melon loving will save us all, I am sure of it.

Posted by pj on 08-09-2003 05:58 PM:

Dallas aint going to get near sniffing difference of the big game. Not when they have to play both Philly and the G-men twice, thats an intant four losses there. Plus with no QB a dodgy running game and a host of other problems i predict another 5-11 season for the Cowgirls. They may just beat the redskins.

Whatever.

Posted by Mugtoe on 08-09-2003 06:22 PM:

it could still happen.

quote:
Originally posted by Smug Git
The brotherhood of melon loving will save us all, I am sure of it.

Posted by MstrG on 08-09-2003 06:32 PM:

And squee could be right, too.

Posted by Venus on 08-09-2003 09:29 PM:

I'd like to think the Broncos have a shot, but I don't see it happening this year. We finally got rid of Griesey, so that's a start. Takes alot to do something like Superbowl with a new QB, so I don't see it happening. I don't really care who wins, I'm just ready to watch. There should be less time before the end of Hockey and the begining of Football.

Ah shit, I forgot.

Posted by DevilMoon on 08-09-2003 10:40 PM:

Well the Lions were boring to watch, as usual, but beat the Steelers pretty soundly. Preseason is pretty useless as a guideline anyways, because the Lions have gone from undefeated preseasons into losing streaks at the opening of the season and vice versa.

The Lions had a crowd of 27, 000 attend an open practice and sold out the first pre-season game, so the fans are excited anyways. But then again, everyone is always excited at the start of the season, we are gluttons for punishment here.

Posted by pj on 08-10-2003 09:47 AM:

i think that both Denver and Detroit will have average seasons.

Denver will have to draft well next year because they are getting kinda long in the tooth, with Rod Smith and Shannon Sharpe nearing retirement age. There D was great against the run last year (although that might change now that defensive tackle Chester McGlocton is in new York with the Jets), not so great against the pass so they need to get themselves some shutdown corners and safeties to help Deltha Oneal out. Plummer will be better off there, although it will take him time to get used to that west coast offence used by Shannahan.

In Detroit they should be feeling good now that thye have the 'Mooch'. Plus there got themselves some good draft picks in Johnson and Bailly. Their recieving core should be one of the fastest around with Hakim healthy again. Harrington needs to have a better year and expand on the flashes of potential he showed last time around.

Pre season is well under way now with a plethora of team playing last night. Of course, these games are only important for the young players, but you never know, you might see some gems out there. and you can get an idea of how those draftees might perform.

Whatever.

Posted by Vegas on 08-10-2003 01:13 PM:

Let's face it: Detroit will not be a .500 team this year. They simply flat out suck, still. I think they are, at best, going to be 6-10 this year. You have to realize, to win half of their games they need to more or less score as many points as their opponents do over the course of the season. Only ONE team gave up more points than them last year (Bengals) and they were a mere seventh in points scored. It will take a lot more than they have to fix both of those problems and even consider contending in just one offseason.

As tough as the AFC East is, if the Patriots truly did improve their defense with all these pickups then I doubt teams will have the huge advantage of running the ball at will against them all year. And Bledsoe is cursed against our coaching staff, they know him better than he knows himself.

Your whole "I dress like an office drone and act respectable and then sit on forum where we discuss urethra fucking and public torture" bit still creeps me out. I bet it would creep out your co-workers even more.

-m

Posted by pj on 08-13-2003 01:59 PM:

i think that the Bills will be much more competitive this year with the upgrades they made on D. Spikes was a huge acquisition. Definately going to be the toughest division this year. Miami are going to be there or there again, and the Jets, well you can never write them off, Herm Edwards seems to perform miracles with that team.

OH yeah Philly are going to hammer the Pats this year!

Whatever.

Posted by mmmtravis on 08-13-2003 04:09 PM:

yeah, AFC east is cream of the crop. shit, me, you, mug and erinity could win the AFC North.

picture unrelated

Posted by pj on 08-14-2003 06:23 PM:

AFC north, thats too easy, at least the AFC south is a slight challenge, just.

Whatever.

Posted by mmmtravis on 08-15-2003 05:46 AM:

fucking shit...

i just finished a six hour fantasy football draft... yeah, SIX HOURS. what fucking shit.

i got a stud at each position at least, so maybe ill have a chance to win the cash money.

w00t. im tired.

picture unrelated

Posted by pj on 08-22-2003 06:56 PM:

tonight Eagles Vs Patriots. An indication of what to come in the season. I think it will be Philly's toughest game this pre-season. i still think philly will win, even though the game doesnt count for much.

Whatever.