Asylum Forums
Show all 12 posts from this thread on one page

Asylum Forums (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/index.php)
- Pads 'n Nads (& mousepads) (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=10)
-- Which Eagles WR bites the dust first? (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/showthread.php?threadid=39668)

Posted by Vegas on 02-06-2005 05:49 PM:

Which Eagles WR bites the dust first?

TO - playing against doctor's orders with a healing ankle. Running fairly well, but could knock himself out of the game if he makes a hard cut and his ankle rolls, nevermind all the other scenarios that would take him out of the game (and potentially end his career).

Freddie Mitchell - made comments about Rodney Harrison. Harrison hits guys hard. Harrison hates Mitchell. If Mitchell is up in the air and Harrison gets a shot at him, I'll be rooting for the undertaker to come out and clean up the mess.

Todd Pinkston - the weakling Eagle. One good hit on him and he just might be done, and considering how physical the Pats play I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a boo-boo and quits.

Your whole "I dress like an office drone and act respectable and then sit on forum where we discuss urethra fucking and public torture" bit still creeps me out. I bet it would creep out your co-workers even more.

-m

Posted by ignatz mouse on 02-06-2005 06:01 PM:

this sucks. not only will I be watching this game today but I'll also be expected to eat a philly cheesesteak. I sure hope there's a version without the steak. thanks for the heads-up though. I will be rooting for carnage.

Posted by mmmtravis on 02-06-2005 06:05 PM:

TO should be okay, Pinkston won't get too many looks.

Freddie Mitchell is getting BITCH slapped all around the field today.

picture unrelated

Posted by DevilMoon on 02-06-2005 06:20 PM:

Why do vegetablearians expect there to be a meatless version of meat? Steak is in the name for crissakes.

It'd be mildly amusing if T.O. were crippled.*

*Not that I wish crippling on even T.O., but if I were to wish such a thing, he'd be on the list.

Also - I can't believe I just referred to him as T.O.

Posted by ignatz mouse on 02-06-2005 07:21 PM:

I don't expect a steakless version of the philly cheesesteak (it was my very own idea of a dumb joke, go figure!). If there were, it would be a philly cheese, and who wants to eat cream cheese out of the tub? Not even me. I'm bringing scones.

Meanwhile, what is TO's full name? (Don't make me look it up on the internet!)

Posted by ignatz mouse on 02-06-2005 07:26 PM:

never mind. thank you, wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Eagles

some useless information that amused me:

Fans

Armed with the world-renowned Philadelphia Cheesesteak and alcoholic beverages, Philadelphia Eagles fans are often considered to be among the most hostile and violent in professional sports, prompting a courtroom to be built inside the stadium to deal with law-breaking fans immediately. Yet interestingly this factor does not seem to have provided the team with any additional home-field advantage: From 2000 through 2004, all inclusive, the Eagles actually had a better record in regular-season away games than in home games, going 31-9 on the road (best in the NFL over that period) but only 28-12 at home.

Posted by DevilMoon on 02-06-2005 07:27 PM:

Terrell Owens.

(Good that I used T.O., I was thinking it was Terrance)

Posted by ignatz mouse on 02-06-2005 07:28 PM:

thank you, DMoon. class point for you.

Posted by Smug Git on 02-07-2005 12:49 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by ignatz mouse
...Philadelphia Eagles fans are often considered to be among the most hostile and violent in professional sports,

That would be American professional sports, I imagine. Unless they fire AK47s into the air like some of the Albanian and other swarthy European types do.

I want to live and I want to love
I want to catch something that I might be ashamed of

Posted by CHiPsJr on 02-07-2005 01:28 AM:

Yeah. Football fans ain't got nothing on a Buzkashi crowd, that's certain.

Although the Philly fans do seem to be doing an admirable job of restraining themselves where singing along with Paul McCartney is concerned.

Posted by DevilMoon on 02-07-2005 06:38 AM:

Re: Which Eagles WR bites the dust first?

quote:
Originally posted by Vegas
Todd Pinkston - the weakling Eagle. One good hit on him and he just might be done, and considering how physical the Pats play I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a boo-boo and quits.

I laughed when he left the field with cramps. They probably injected him with some Midol in the locker room.

Posted by Vegas on 02-07-2005 08:17 PM:

Todd Pinkston was the winner/loser, with Mitchell coming in second after making ONE catch. TO was impressive, the only highlight to Philly's botched Superbowl.

Your whole "I dress like an office drone and act respectable and then sit on forum where we discuss urethra fucking and public torture" bit still creeps me out. I bet it would creep out your co-workers even more.

-m