Asylum Forums
Show all 23 posts from this thread on one page

Asylum Forums (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/index.php)
- The Lost Forum (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=3)
-- Jackasses to drive pickup into tornado (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/showthread.php?threadid=40916)

Posted by Tefl on 04-11-2005 03:26 PM:

Jackasses to drive pickup into tornado

Tornado : Expedition into the Eye You can become a part of the ultimate extreme adventure. You can become the co-pilot of the ultimate tornado attack vehicle and enter the eye of a tornado. This made for TV reality adventure will feature you inside the TA-1 – Tornado Attack 1 – vehicle while pilot Steve Green and co-pilot will drive directly into the circulation of a real tornado. The TA-1 has specialized scientific equipment to record what’s happening inside a real tornado. The TA-1 is designed to withstand wind turbulence to 240 miles per hour.

Yes, someone is at the moment bidding over $145,000 on Ebay to ride in a hopped up pickup into the eye of a tornado for a stupid ass reality show. In addition to this dubious honor let's see what else they get...

You’ll get your own custom hand-made safety seat made by Kris Vangelder, I.S.P. – the same seat designer and builder used by Dale Earnhardt, Jr. in the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series and John Force in NHRA.

At Simpson Race Products, you’ll be fitted with 2 complete Nomex-fire racing outfits and 2 helmets. You’ll have a pre-tornado adventure in a full-scale wind tunnel used by many top NASCAR teams.

The team will travel in a luxury coach complete with state-of-the-art satellite uplinks and watch storms as they develop and then track the weather on a once in a lifetime adventure through Tornado Alley. The winner will also be permitted to invite up to four guests on a weekly basis to accompany them.

And what is the secret to keeping them on the ground? Why the truck has hydraulics to lower it really low. Never mind the fact that a tornado could throw a goddamn tankership like a tinkertoy, the coolness of the hydraulics will save the day!

Fucking morons! And to think, someone is paying to do it!

Storm Chasing Jackasses

Auction Link

Posted by torque on 04-11-2005 03:30 PM:

In unrelated news, SP is selling all of his cd's, his ipod, his pc and car, all his worldly belongings and has been checking the bank accounts of single women in his care.

Posted by willimo on 04-11-2005 04:07 PM:

I thought it was bogus until I looked at the seller's other auctions. Then I thought, "Dude, this guy is for real!"

Hey carrot juice, I want to squeeze you away until you bleed.

Posted by WCA on 04-11-2005 04:41 PM:

What is it with pick-up trucks and dumb assed ideas?
Iraqis and Afghans think that a pick-up truck with a machine gun mounted in the back is a match for a laser guided missile, and these dip shits think a pick-up truck with hydraulics is a tornado beater!

youre a fucking moron, do the world a favor and kill your self - Hawley Griffin

Posted by Oracular_Jinx on 04-11-2005 04:51 PM:

The darwin award's future winners of 2005...

A cubicle is just a padded cell with no door.

Posted by ignatz mouse on 04-11-2005 05:57 PM:

coinciding with the new Faces of Death reality TV show (or does that already exist?)

Posted by Large Filipino on 04-11-2005 08:51 PM:

It will work,man.
Those anti wind buffers on the fenderwells will keep the wind from lifting that ride.
Yea.
But when a house comes your way......

I want a Trump sex doll.
I would throw it in a Orangutan enclosure
And watch the orgy.

Posted by Rokkr on 04-11-2005 08:57 PM:

quote:
Yes, someone is at the moment bidding over $145,000 on Ebay to ride in a hopped up pickup into the eye of a tornado for a stupid ass reality show.

How in hell did SP amass $145,000?

Admin Qualified

Posted by Bluexy on 04-11-2005 08:57 PM:

We just got ordered to the basement, I am taking the digital camera out now.

Posted by Tefl on 04-11-2005 09:31 PM:

Be sure to get in a pickup. They are god-proof nowadays so you should be ok.

Posted by SocialParasite on 04-12-2005 12:04 AM:

Pfft. Tornado Attack is desperate for money after they failed to drive it through a tornado last year. They had a sponsor, but I guess not anymore. They coated the car in Rhino Lining (like you put in the bed of your truck) and decided that made it tornado proof.

I really wish they would have drove through one last year. Then they would be dead.

Posted by rodney on 04-12-2005 10:23 PM:

I very much doubt the idea of debris came across their minds for some reason. I'm sure a tornado proof type of barrel system could be produced (think like the ones people go over niagra falls in) but it would be ungodly expensive as well as a one time use thing. This doesn't even include the difficulty of being in the right place at the right time. They should just attach sensors to babies all over tornado alley, babies should be able to withstand the mighty power of the tornado. You know, that or mexicans.

I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.

Posted by Large Filipino on 04-12-2005 11:25 PM:

I forget the name of that Jackie Chan movie,but he rolled off a cliff in this ball with him suspended by ropes or big rubber things in the center by his arms and legs.
That was cool cause he made it down unscathed.
Now THAT would pretty much RULE in a tornado.
...you'd get pretty high though.

I want a Trump sex doll.
And watch the orgy.

Posted by Tefl on 04-13-2005 01:13 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by rodney
I'm sure a tornado proof type of barrel system could be produced (think like the ones people go over niagra falls in) but it would be ungodly expensive as well as a one time use thing.

Back in '91 in the old TV show Eerie Indiana had an episode like that. Matt Frewer (who played Max Headroom & the Trashcan Man) played a tornado chasing meteorologist. He gets dropped by Tornado Bob while riding in a big gumpy barrel-like weather device and at the end of the episode gets whisked away again when the tornado gets pissed and comes back.

Posted by GimpyDivo on 04-13-2005 04:03 AM:

if those spoilers on nascars can let them drive upside down and stick to the underside of the road in sure they would keep that truck firmly grounded given enough speed. they should add a few of those to that ride.

Posted by rodney on 04-13-2005 07:33 PM:

Eerie Indiana ruled!

I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.

Posted by OrdinaryAverage on 04-13-2005 08:02 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by GimpyDivo
if those spoilers on nascars

Spoilers only work when your going in one direction.

Posted by Tefl on 04-13-2005 10:55 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by rodney
Eerie Indiana ruled!

It took me forever to find them but I have collected all the books they released back when it was on. Kid's stuff but fun to read.

Yes, I'm a nerd.

Posted by GimpyDivo on 04-14-2005 04:01 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by OrdinaryAverage
Spoilers only work when your going in one direction.

and in how many different directions does your vehicle go at the same time i wonder?

Posted by zim on 04-14-2005 04:24 AM:

i believe the question is, how many ways is the wind going to be blowing in the eye of a tornado, and how are you going to be facing into the wind, as it's shifting constantly and your uber hydraulic gizmo is dragging the truck frame across the ground as you try to move.

insert witty remark

Last edited by CHiPsJr on 11-09-2006 at 08:23 AM

Posted by Large Filipino on 04-14-2005 04:44 AM:

spoilers hide what your saying unless you click the[spoiler]

I want a Trump sex doll.
And watch the orgy.

Posted by billgerat on 04-14-2005 04:50 AM:

I'm glad to see this happen. It will only serve to strengthen the gene pool.

"Republicans: the party that brought us 'Just Say No.' First as a drug policy, then as their entire platform." -Stephen Colbert -

Posted by OrdinaryAverage on 04-14-2005 01:01 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by GimpyDivo
and in how many different directions does your vehicle go at the same time i wonder?

Not as many directions as my body parts would go if I drove into a tornado expecting a spoiler to hold me down.

[spoiler]