Asylum Forums
Show all 11 posts from this thread on one page

Asylum Forums (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/index.php)
- Pads 'n Nads (& mousepads) (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=10)
-- Yankees suck, Sheffield gets punked, Twins win (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/showthread.php?threadid=40979)

Posted by Dingle on 04-16-2005 04:02 AM:

Yankees suck, Sheffield gets punked, Twins win

Sheffields fan altercation is linked on this page under Multimedia if you havn't seen it: http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/...layer_id=122111

I think it was pretty minor and it's getting blown out of proportion. There are talks of suspension, wtf!?

Twins have the best record in MLB (albeit in the worst division). The naysayers can kiss my ass, we're on our way to a 115 win season.

Idle hands spend time at the genitals.

Posted by Vegas on 04-16-2005 01:07 PM:

A fan took a swipe at him or the ball. Another fan threw a beer at him (intentionally). The guy who went after Sheff or the ball met with the Red Sox concerning the future of his SEVEN season tickets. By the way, all his friends were calling into sports radio yesterday telling them how great a guy he is... I wonder if those SEVEN season tickets have anything to do with it.

Sheff should get a fine for taking a cheap shot at the fans. I don't think he should be suspended, it was nothing major.

By the way, who do you think was happier over this event: the umpire, who was absolutely awful that night, or Tom Gordon, who was absolutely awful that night (two things that Baseball Tonight and SC would have run for days with, considering it's the last Sox/Yanks game til Memorial Day).

Your whole "I dress like an office drone and act respectable and then sit on forum where we discuss urethra fucking and public torture" bit still creeps me out. I bet it would creep out your co-workers even more.

-m

Posted by Vegas on 04-19-2005 01:59 AM:

The fans who interfered with Sheffield are being punished. The season ticket holder is losing his SEVEN seats for the rest of the year and may not get them back next year, and the beer tosser is banished from the park for the remainder of the season. Story here. I think it's the appropriate action, and I personally think they should let me in on those right field box seats that are being returned.

Your whole "I dress like an office drone and act respectable and then sit on forum where we discuss urethra fucking and public torture" bit still creeps me out. I bet it would creep out your co-workers even more.

-m

Posted by Smug Git on 04-19-2005 02:18 AM:

If they start banning the cunts from Fenway it'll end with empty seats watching the opposition wondering where the Red Sox are.

I want to live and I want to love
I want to catch something that I might be ashamed of

Posted by Vegas on 04-19-2005 12:26 PM:

I don't think that's going to happen, Smug. Most of us don't get a clear shot at Gary Sheffield, nevermind with a beer in hand.

-m

Posted by Skeet on 04-19-2005 01:44 PM:

I hope Sheffield sues him for assault and he goes to jail and gets his ass pounded.

Posted by Smug Git on 04-19-2005 03:41 PM:

Those Phillies are cooking with gas right now. A streak of 3!

Posted by Smug Git on 04-20-2005 07:59 AM:

RedSox lost, Twins lost, Phillies horribly slaughtered.

On the plus side, Yanks lost too. To the godamned Rays. Steinbrenner will burst a bloodvessel.

Posted by Vegas on 04-20-2005 01:02 PM:

The last time the Yankees won 19-8 they didn't win another game for the rest of the year.

I see we now have TWO ongoing MLB threads. Rock.

-m

Posted by mmmtravis on 04-20-2005 01:25 PM:

Hahah. I just saw Fever Pitch, speaking of that 19-8 game (which they mention).

Not as bad as a I thought.

picture unrelated

Posted by Vegas on 04-20-2005 09:24 PM:

I thought "Fever Pitch" was better than I expected. Then again, I think of romantic comedies as being somewhere below B-film horror movies and just above sitcoms.

-m