Asylum Forums Pages (34): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » ... Last »
Show all 830 posts from this thread on one page

Asylum Forums (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/index.php)
- Pads 'n Nads (& mousepads) (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=10)
-- World Cup 2006 (Soccer/Football)! (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/showthread.php?threadid=42573)

Posted by Cockney_Rebel on 09-07-2005 09:21 PM:

World Cup 2006 (Soccer/Football)!

Northern Ireland 1 England 0...

I hope we qualify. I'm looking forward to going to Germany!

Posted by Coincidence on 09-07-2005 09:44 PM:

Denmark probably out unless Albania takes points from Turkey next time...
Germany is a bad one to miss.

You're in the wrnght place.

Posted by CHiPsJr on 09-08-2005 05:44 AM:

Oh. You folks still haven't qualified? Pity, that. Don't worry, though. It's only a matter of time before soccer catches on in Great Britain and Scandinavia.

Posted by Cockney_Rebel on 09-08-2005 08:13 AM:

I think I'm turning into a cricket fan. I always said we should never let a foreigner manage our national team.

Come back Terry Venables, all is forgiven...

Posted by skalie on 09-08-2005 09:12 AM:

Arsene Wenger would make a good England coach.

Posted by Cockney_Rebel on 09-08-2005 09:16 AM:

That arrogant french prick? Are you a comedian or something?

Posted by pj on 09-13-2005 06:02 PM:

I think Martin Oneill (sp) would be a good coach for England.

Whatever.

Posted by Coincidence on 10-12-2005 08:17 PM:

Fuck you, Albania!

Well, this settles it. I'm rooting for USA.

You're in the wrnght place.

Posted by Cockney_Rebel on 10-12-2005 09:21 PM:

harharharharharharharharhar!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm off to Germany next year!

Frank Lampard Roooooolzzz!!!

Posted by Cockney_Rebel on 10-12-2005 09:34 PM:

Top of the group.

Posted by pj on 10-12-2005 11:48 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Cockney_Rebel

Frank Lampard Roooooolzzz!!!

and who does he play for?

Whatever.

Posted by Cockney_Rebel on 10-13-2005 05:23 AM:

England.

Though he learnt his skill set at West Ham Utd from his father, an ex West Ham Utd player...

Posted by pj on 10-13-2005 08:06 AM:

quote:
England.

Though he learnt his skill set at West Ham Utd from his father, an ex West Ham Utd player...

good answer, but only partially correct. He was a good player at West Ham but he's become a top quality player with his current club.

Whatever.

Posted by Cockney_Rebel on 10-13-2005 08:32 AM:

He was already a top quality player. Chelsea just bought him from us because he was that good. As was Joe Cole and others that went elsewhere.

Posted by pj on 10-17-2005 05:11 PM:

quote:
He was already a top quality player. Chelsea just bought him from us because he was that good. As was Joe Cole and others that went elsewhere.

pfff.

is that why your fans called him fatty lampard? At the time most people thought Chelsea were paying too much for him, and Hammers fans were laughing it about it.

Joe Cole didnt know how to defend before coming to Chelsea, that why Mourinho dropped him for a bit last year, because he wasn't tracking back and tackling. Now is markedly different player.

Whatever.

Posted by skalie on 10-17-2005 07:27 PM:

Would it maybe be possible to have a polite discussion about England and it's prospects in the 2006 World Cup without mentioning thee cunts that be Chelsea?

Posted by pj on 10-17-2005 09:11 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by skalie
Would it maybe be possible to have a polite discussion about England and it's prospects in the 2006 World Cup without mentioning thee cunts that be Chelsea?

When nearly a quarter of the team is made up by Chelsea players thats a bit difficult.

John Terry (should be captain)
Joe Cole
Frank Lampard
Shaun Wright-Phillips
Wayne Bridge (will be back from injury)

on the fringes we have
Glen Johnson
Carlton Cole

Whatever.

Posted by Paint CHiPs on 10-17-2005 09:22 PM:

So, I'm kicking around the idea of joining a Kuwati friend of mine and heading to Germany this summer for this.

JR, would you like to come if I do? Only question is if I can manage the airfare. You'd certainly be welcome to join us though if you can get away, and we end up doing it (I think he's going to no matter what, finances is the only question for me).

Posted by Dingle on 10-17-2005 10:08 PM:

shouldnt this be in either the Pissups or the Jihad forum?

Idle hands spend time at the genitals.

Posted by Paint CHiPs on 10-17-2005 11:02 PM:

I wish we had a Jihad forum.

Posted by mmmtravis on 10-18-2005 12:35 AM:

if you cant convince the powers that be to create one... well, then the terrorists have already won.

picture unrelated

Posted by Smug Git on 10-18-2005 12:37 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Paint CHiPs
So, I'm kicking around the idea of joining a Kuwati friend of mine and heading to Germany this summer for this.

Actually getting tickets for a game would be the real achievement, I'd have thought. Even for an America game.

I want to live and I want to love
I want to catch something that I might be ashamed of

Posted by Paint CHiPs on 10-18-2005 12:54 AM:

Doesn't sound like it'll be a problem, according to this guy. It probably doesn't hurt that his family owned Kuwati Air.

Posted by CHiPsJr on 10-18-2005 05:08 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Paint CHiPs

JR, would you like to come if I do? Only question is if I can manage the airfare. You'd certainly be welcome to join us though if you can get away, and we end up doing it (I think he's going to no matter what, finances is the only question for me).

Are you fucking JOKING?

I will suck six (6) cocks of your choice if you can get me tickets to the World Cup.

Posted by Paint CHiPs on 10-18-2005 05:30 AM:

Well, you'd have to be able to get away that week, plus be able to pay for it. I have no idea if I can even do the latter (in fact, I'd guess no, but I'm gonna try like hell to work it out). Airfare should be several hundred, plus individual matches start at like 400 bucks a pop (and most are higher) if you just buy them any old way. It would probably end up where we'd just see matches, but not any in particular (to guarantee all three USA matches would be 2 grand and change, for instance), unless we were willing to pay out the nose for them and/or this guy pulls something out. Hopefully, if we swing a travel agent plus get tickets through this guy's family, it would be a good deal less expensive, but we're still in the "kicking around" stage so I'm not entirely sure what all we can finangle. Anyway, I would guess the trip would be AT LEAST 2-3 grand total.

I'll see if I can't work the process along and get something more specific to you.

edit: Actually, after I wrote that, I realized how small the likelihood of that is. Damn. I'll still keep you posted though.