Asylum Forums Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »
Show all 67 posts from this thread on one page

Asylum Forums (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/index.php)
- The Lost Forum (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=3)
-- Savant? (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/showthread.php?threadid=4750)

Posted by Paint CHiPs on 12-14-2000 01:13 AM:

Post Savant?

True story.

Okay, so I was feeding Keith (karen's 3 year old son), and was preparing something while he was in his chair at the table nearby.

Now, something about Keith, he loves the alphabet. Man oh man ain't nobody that likes the 26 letters as much as Keith.

So he was just randomly spouting out letters, which is nothing new, but then I turn and realize that as he is saying them, he is also doing the corresponding sign language at the same time.

He goes on and signs the entire alphabet.

For no particular reason.

Now, I don't know sign language. So I couldn't confirm them all. But I used to work with the handicaped, so I am able to recognize it, and I know maybe half of the alphabet.

And he was doing them all right, for the most part. Even the real hard ones.

Here's the thing.

I have been with Keith 24/7 since August. We don't have cable, so he never watches TV. All he watches are movies, reads books, and plays computer games. He doesn't socialize with anybody. And I have seen ALL of his videos, games, and books (at least 5820956 times each). And NONE of them have any sign language in them AT ALL.

Also, he normally goes over everything he knows at least twice a day. He is always going over numbers, letters, shapes, colors, animals, catch phrases, or whatever. Pretty much constantly. So, until today, I thought I have known everything that he knows.

But then he signed the entire alphabet.

So I called karen. She kinda knows sign language, but has never done it in front of him (knowledge from way before he was born).

She called her mother, who is about the only person on the planet that interacts with him. She doesn't know sign language at all, and has nothing in her house from which he could have learned it.

So, while Keith is busy signing, I am verifying the accuracy over the phone with karen. His are accurate.

(if somebody could post a signing chart, I can further the verification).

Question is, how the hell does he know how to sign the alphabet? And how can he do it so perfectly, like he has done it all his life?

This all lends further credence to the idea that he is possessed, which I truly believe. Even more so now.

Has this happened to any of your children, or to you when you were a little ankle-biter? Spontaneous knowledge?

I mean, what the fuck? Even if he had seen it once or twice somewhere, which is unlikely in and of itself, how the hell would he know it so well? I used to teach kids his age, and know Keith very well, and this is FAR beyond his scope of knowledge or ability. Normally you would only see it in kids who grew up with deaf family members.

Oh well. Just thought I would share. It's been freaking me out all day.

Posted by ItsJustLogan on 12-14-2000 01:15 AM:

yup, i'm going with possesed

------------------------
We spoke our minds too clearly. We assumed fundamental rights were inherent not as pawns but humanz. I do not require a gauge for freedoms of speech because I never asked to be a citizen. I never have and never will pledge allegiance.

http://pub31.ezboard.com/bforbiddencompounds

Posted by HELL on 12-14-2000 01:17 AM:

He is possessed by a hearing impaired demon!!!!

Just kidding, congrats on the smart child. We need more of em.

[has he accepted Jesus as his own personal savior just incase?]

[This message has been edited by HELL (edited 12-13-2000).]

Posted by Princess_Chelle on 12-14-2000 01:20 AM:

my kids do wierd stuff
william remembers everythign i tell him
and sawyer is doing stuff that amazes me daily
but i have NEVER heard anything like that
maybe he is a genius
and blues clues DOES do some signing on the show
hes prolly just REALLY smart like his mother

------------------------
respect the cock

Posted by Fiend on 12-14-2000 01:20 AM:

try more of that holy water there paint
but im sure he'll grow up to be a genius, im sure of it
go keith!!

------------------------
ManHo Inc.ой

Posted by memdink on 12-14-2000 01:21 AM:

Finger Spelling page.

Possession, definately possession. Try calling it out, see what happens.

------------------------
Lou Reed

Posted by HELL on 12-14-2000 01:21 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Princess_Chelle:
my kids do wierd stuff
william remembers everythign i tell him
and sawyer is doing stuff that amazes me daily
but i have NEVER heard anything like that
maybe he is a genius
and blues clues DOES do some signing on the show
hes prolly just REALLY smart like his mother

my boy's name is william too.

[This message has been edited by HELL (edited 12-13-2000).]

Posted by Princess_Chelle on 12-14-2000 01:24 AM:

william is a great name

------------------------
respect the cock

Posted by CAL on 12-14-2000 01:25 AM:

Cool

Do you have any gang members in the neighbourhood? He's probably picking it up from them.

Have one of them tell you if Keith is part of the Westside 44th Street El Locos...

CAL

------------------------
"The desert is my church, and hunting is my god."

Posted by HELL on 12-14-2000 01:28 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by CAL:
Do you have any gang members in the neighbourhood? He's probably picking it up from them.

Have one of them tell you if Keith is part of the Westside 44th Street El Locos...

CAL

hahahahaha!

Posted by JoeyCat on 12-14-2000 01:38 AM:

A link for you paint: http://where.com/scott.net/asl/abc.html

------------------------
=^..^=

Posted by bowmore on 12-14-2000 01:49 AM:

Reincarnation works.

selah.

------------------------
Happiness is a moveable feast.

Posted by FlyingTurd on 12-14-2000 01:52 AM:

Fucking creepy. I just hope for karen's sake that his head doesn't spin around.

Posted by Paint CHiPs on 12-14-2000 01:57 AM:

Well, I've followed the charts and have been checking letter by letter.

I did the ones *I* knew, and he followed suit, then I would ask him the ones I didn't know.

I said "K". And he put up two fingers, and I thought "hahhahaha, stupid child, that's not how you do a K!". Then he put up another finger and said "W", and I laughed.

And I went back to check and he was right.

Although, his form on the Ts is totally sloppy.

What an idiot.

J/k.

Jesus, this is wierd though.

When I checked, he knew probably 17-20 of them perfectly, and wasn't correct on 7-10 of them, or at least couldn't get his wittle fingers to do them right (for ones that involve his pinkie, he has to use his other hand to position his pinkie correctly).

I am officially freaked out though.

Posted by Paint CHiPs on 12-14-2000 02:03 AM:

Oh, and for the record, the following is my case that the child is possessed. I shall present the case to the Vatican in a few weeks time, but here are the finer points.

1. He speaks in tongues. When he is by himself we can hear him starting to speak in weird languages and using other voices.
2. Whenever he is in a room, and we leave him for awhile, when we come back all the furniture has been moved.
3. He is sado-masochistic. His favorite game in the world is to hit himself in the head and say "bonk!" and laugh maniacally.
4. He once spit a bunch of split pea soup at me.
5. Karen informed me that when he was a baby, he used to turn on lights in rooms while nowhere near them.
6. His room is always 10 degrees warmer than the rest of the house, for no particular reason. I know that often times they say it should be colder in the demon-child's room, but not in his case.
7. He is stronger than I am.
8. He can levitate.
9. Okay, I was lying about that last one, but I wouldn't put it past him.
10. He will go the sleep, and when he wakes up he will have all these strange marks all over his body. karen calls these "bugbites". I call them "signs of The Beast".

karen is so going to kick my ass for this.

Posted by tack on 12-14-2000 02:17 AM:

I was all of them when i was little but 3, 4 and 5. I also who had a friend who only i could see(invisible friend) who came down from "the clouds"(heaven?) and told me to tell people things. He was always on fire and was named fireball(god?). I think I'm satans messenger..

------------------------
"Theres no emoticon to express what I'm feeling!

Posted by Mr Snrub on 12-14-2000 03:05 AM:

The child needs to be purified with fire.

------------------------
When i grow up, i want to be a bad ass ghetto pimp!

Posted by Paint CHiPs on 12-14-2000 03:07 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Snrub:
The child needs to be purified with fire.

Ouch. A pretty harsh punishment for being politically correct, don't you think?

Posted by GnpGnop on 12-14-2000 03:08 AM:

maybe you should encourage the kid by making him wear lipstick and skirts and shit. then only feed the kid grapefruits and coffebeans.

Posted by Dead_Inside on 12-14-2000 03:13 AM:

Mom?

Posted by karen on 12-14-2000 03:58 AM:

My son is a fucking genius.

hehe
seriously, Im not kidding about him being able to turn on lights without touching them... ever since he was a few months old, hes been able to turn on lights without touching them AT ALL. I, as well as 3 other people I know, have seen him do it.
I have this thing where when I get angry, lightbulbs WILL blow out. Maybe he has some sort of weird shit like that too. Funny thing is, Im a completely non-spiritual person. I dont believe in all this ghost/psychic/god/goddess/whatever stuff, even though Im faced with it all the time.
My mom insists now that my son was deaf or something in a former life. But shesliek that.
Cases that prove me stupid for being a nonbeliever:
1. my great grandmother wasa very good friend of Edgar Cayce(the psychic) and was considered a very powerful psychic by everyone who knew her
2. my uncle is ray buckland(a gypsy and writer of wiccan/pagan related books) but i really know nothing about him. he lives in england, i believe.
3. my mom insists that a ghost threw a steel door at me when i was 7(i dont remember this) by LIFTING IT UP off the hinge and throwing it, but it missed me by inches. If it had hit me, it wouldve killed me.
4. I saw ghosts all the time up to the time I was 13 or so. Then it just stopped dead(no pun intended).
5.the lightbulb thing
6.I have predicted numerous things before they happened.
7. I use tarot cards, and have done so since I was 6 or 7 years old(my mom taught me), and have always had the most accurate and through(detailed) readings of anyone in my family or circle of friends, yet still deny their validity.

8. my mom went to a friend of Edgar Cayces when she was younger, and she predicted numerous things about me when I was only 3months old that have ALL since taken place.
9. my son learns things out of nowhere that have never been taught to him, and that most adults dont even know.

/me is thinking im just in denial of all things spiritual.
:/
anyways.
my son is cool.
that is all.

------------------------
http://asylumwhores.com/karen
What are regrets?
Just lessons we havent learned yet.

Posted by Mr Snrub on 12-14-2000 04:23 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Paint CHiPs:
Ouch. A pretty harsh punishment for being politically correct, don't you think?

Well, for the sake of consistency, all deaf people should be burned at the stake.

I may be considered harsh, but i do have a heart - so the child doesn't have to be alive when we burn it.

------------------------
When i grow up, i want to be a bad ass ghetto pimp!

Posted by Spaceboy on 12-14-2000 04:56 AM:

cool.

your kid does the light thing too?

woohoo!

I'm not schizophrenic!

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 12-14-2000 05:02 AM:

Shit! When I was 3 months old, I memorized all of Shakespeare!

Posted by karen on 12-14-2000 06:35 AM:

heres the demon in question, btw:

------------------------
http://asylumwhores.com/karen
What are regrets?
Just lessons we havent learned yet.