Asylum Forums
Show all 16 posts from this thread on one page

Asylum Forums (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/index.php)
- Polėticās der Mondé (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=18)
-- McCain wins in PA (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/showthread.php?threadid=50046)


Posted by wonderaz on 04-23-2008 05:07 AM:

McCain wins in PA

The Battle of the Bickers is extended ad nauseum.
Hail to King John.


Posted by Aydin on 04-23-2008 05:20 AM:

Was Ron Paul on the ballot?

__________________

Aydin1 on Google+


Posted by DevilMoon on 04-23-2008 05:40 AM:

McCain
571,476
73%

Paul
125,421
16%

Huckabee
89,515
11%

98% reporting


Posted by billgerat on 04-23-2008 05:45 AM:

Re: McCain wins in PA

In a "noncontested" Republican Primary in PA, McCain only takes 73% of the vote. Paul and Huckabee picked up the other 27%.

What does that say when that many people specifically come out to vote against the RNC presumptive nominee?

__________________

"Republicans: the party that brought us 'Just Say No.' First as a drug policy, then as their entire platform." -Stephen Colbert -


Posted by DevilMoon on 04-23-2008 05:52 AM:

Mainly that those people have very loyal supporters with some sort of message, and that many other voters stayed home knowing it doesn't matter?


Posted by Aydin on 04-23-2008 06:12 AM:

Re: Re: McCain wins in PA

quote:
Originally posted by billgerat
In a "noncontested" Republican Primary in PA, McCain only takes 73% of the vote. Paul and Huckabee picked up the other 27%.

What does that say when that many people specifically come out to vote against the RNC presumptive nominee?



It says that McCain supporters have absolutely no need to vote.
Those who wish to make a statement or protest vote can safely do so. Has nothing to do with the party.
__________________

Aydin1 on Google+


Posted by SocialParasite on 04-23-2008 06:17 AM:

Re: Re: McCain wins in PA

quote:
Originally posted by billgerat
In a "noncontested" Republican Primary in PA, McCain only takes 73% of the vote. Paul and Huckabee picked up the other 27%.

What does that say when that many people specifically come out to vote against the RNC presumptive nominee?



It says that 16% and 11% are insignificant compared to 73%. Quite possibly another "OH GOD DID I VOTE FOR BUCHANAN" moment in the making.
__________________


Posted by wonderaz on 04-23-2008 06:21 AM:

This thread has nothing to do with how he compares to defunct republicans, it is how the Dems are ushering him right into the White House.


Posted by Nutrimentia on 04-23-2008 06:27 AM:

800,000 people voted for no apparent reason other than that they could.

__________________

The Law of Fives is never wrong. CzEch yerself b4 joo rEck yerself. Hi-yo!


Posted by DevilMoon on 04-23-2008 06:44 AM:

A lot of people vote because they feel a sense of civic duty, or maybe they had other local issues on the ballot. But in the context of the Republican primary, their votes were basically academic use only.


Posted by Nutrimentia on 04-23-2008 07:26 AM:

I think its great, really. It's an optimistic detail in a pessimistic voting landscape. I've added to my earlier post for clarity.

__________________

The Law of Fives is never wrong. CzEch yerself b4 joo rEck yerself. Hi-yo!


Posted by Pianomahnn on 04-23-2008 02:28 PM:

Exit polls show what I had believed would happen: young people vote for Obama, old people vote for Clinton. It's the only thing that makes me think change (damnit...I used the word) is possible in a few more election cycles. Unless these young people suddenly get all jaded and drink the kool-aid of politics as usual.

I still hate everyone.


Posted by Trenchant_Troll on 04-23-2008 05:53 PM:

The young people will age and realize what utter meatheads they were when they were younger and will point and laugh at the new young people that they can buy and sell.

__________________

Those who beat their swords into plowshares will ultimately be enslaved by those who did not.


Posted by Paint CHiPs on 04-24-2008 03:21 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Nutrimentia
800,000 people voted for no apparent reason other than that they could.


And I was one of them, dagnabbit.

Best vote I ever cast too.


Posted by Mordecai on 04-24-2008 03:30 AM:

I think every vote I've ever cast was 'because I could'. At least as far as candidates go, ballot issues, well, that's probably about half and half.

-m

__________________

-m


Posted by Vegas on 04-24-2008 01:28 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Trenchant_Troll
The young people will age and realize what utter meatheads they were when they were younger and will point and laugh at the new young people that they can buy and sell.


That's exactly what I think when I envision a McCain vs Clinton election: buying and selling the young people. If those end up as my choices, I might have to write in Ron Paul.
__________________

Your whole "I dress like an office drone and act respectable and then sit on forum where we discuss urethra fucking and public torture" bit still creeps me out. I bet it would creep out your co-workers even more.

-m


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:05 AM.
Show all 16 posts from this thread on one page

Powered by: vBulletin Version 2.2.8
Copyright © Jelsoft Enterprises Limited 2000 - 2002.
Copyright © 2014- Imaginet Inc.
[Legal Notice] | [Privacy Policy] | [Site Index]