Asylum Forums Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »
Show all 77 posts from this thread on one page

Asylum Forums (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/index.php)
- The Lost Forum (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=3)
-- is it ever ok to use a sick day (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/showthread.php?threadid=50303)


Posted by magnolia on 06-03-2008 05:00 AM:

is it ever ok to use a sick day

because you're sick and damn tired of work?

i mean, is mental health a good enough reason?

__________________

~if you plan on stirring shit, be prepared to lick the spoon~


Posted by karen on 06-03-2008 05:02 AM:

editing in a real answer, because I accidentally posted in the wrong thread.

So. Sure.
It's good for you.


Posted by wonderaz on 06-03-2008 05:05 AM:

What do you do?

And no, I never call in sick unless I'm dying.


Posted by Pinecrika on 06-03-2008 05:09 AM:

I've been known to take a mental health day, although when I need a mental day off, no one argues. Not with me. *twitch*

__________________

"Let Ebola decide. " ....Tuba


Posted by <clever name> on 06-03-2008 05:11 AM:

I've never missed a day unless I was in the hospital. I even went to work a midnight shift after I got food poisoning from breakfast that morning. I figure its your job and you get paid to be there.

__________________

**Not fixing my spelling errors before or after 9pm**


Posted by magnolia on 06-03-2008 05:17 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by wonderaz
What do you do?

And no, I never call in sick unless I'm dying.

work with severely mentally ill people.
__________________

~if you plan on stirring shit, be prepared to lick the spoon~


Posted by SimpleSimon on 06-03-2008 05:18 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by magnolia
because you're sick and damn tired of work?

i mean, is mental health a good enough reason?

Sure it is.

Hell, I've even called in horny a couple of times, in the past - then stayed home with the wife all day, in bed.

quote:
Originally posted by
I've never missed a day unless I was in the hospital. I even went to work a midnight shift after I got food poisoning from breakfast that morning. I figure its your job and you get paid to be there.
Hell with that.

I (used to) work to live, not live to work.


Posted by wonderaz on 06-03-2008 05:19 AM:

Then you should take an occasional sick day off, by all means.


Posted by Pinecrika on 06-03-2008 05:19 AM:

Wage slave. I get X amount of sick days and if the hunting or fishing is good, I'll go mental if I have to work, hence, mental health day.

__________________

"Let Ebola decide. " ....Tuba


Posted by karen on 06-03-2008 05:19 AM:

I'm with Simon.

Also, I have an aunt and a grandmother that work with the mentally ill in nursing homes. That job is stressful as fuck.
Take the day if you need it.


Posted by wonderaz on 06-03-2008 05:20 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by SimpleSimon

Hell with that.

I (used to) work to live, not live to work.



I don't take days off but then I like my job.


Posted by SimpleSimon on 06-03-2008 05:24 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by wonderaz
I don't take days off but then I like my job.
Hell, wonder, I liked my job, as well.

Sometimes, other things were more important - like my wife, and our relationship. When she was ill, and hospitalized, I took a LOT of time off to be with her. I wish I'd done it more often, when she was well.


Posted by Large Filipino on 06-03-2008 05:45 AM:

I've been out sick for almost a year now.

__________________


I want a Trump sex doll.
I would throw it in a Orangutan enclosure
And watch the orgy.


Posted by ignatz mouse on 06-03-2008 06:19 AM:

I say take a mental wellness day. You need all your mental wellness to work with the mentally less well.


Posted by Trenchant_Troll on 06-03-2008 07:35 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by SimpleSimon
Sure it is.

Hell, I've even called in horny a couple of times, in the past - then stayed home with the wife all day, in bed.

Hell with that.

I (used to) work to live, not live to work.




Sophistry.
__________________

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.


Posted by fubar on 06-03-2008 08:47 AM:

I work when I'm sick so I can take off on days when just need a break.

__________________

The gods of evolution require sacrifice.


Posted by Coincidence on 06-03-2008 10:37 AM:

Since reality is defined by my words, calling in sick is always a gamble.

__________________

You're in the wrnght place.


Posted by wonderaz on 06-03-2008 11:34 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by SimpleSimon
Hell, wonder, I liked my job, as well.

Sometimes, other things were more important - like my wife, and our relationship. When she was ill, and hospitalized, I took a LOT of time off to be with her. I wish I'd done it more often, when she was well.



Understood.
This time of year, I'll be getting back about the time she wakes up.


Posted by dogcow on 06-03-2008 12:24 PM:

like i had time for sick days.

__________________

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same." ~ Castaneda


Posted by magnolia on 06-03-2008 01:37 PM:

one of the best days of my life was in february 05...neither the kid nor i really wanted to get up and goto work/school. we played hooky and i took her to marine life for the day. she was the only kid there. got to be the volunteer for the trained seal *and* the dolphin show *and* the bird show. glad i didn't wait - the place vanished in katrina.

and it is a day she still talks about, a memory we have together.

__________________

~if you plan on stirring shit, be prepared to lick the spoon~


Posted by morgana on 06-03-2008 01:52 PM:

it all depends on your job and the amount of staff you have. for me, there is only one other person at any time that can cover my position, so i don't just call out for anything. however if you have a position where there are people who can fill in for you, i don't see why you shouldn't take a day for yourself every now and then.

__________________

generated by sloganizer.net


Posted by Goatboy on 06-03-2008 02:53 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by fubar
I work when I'm sick so I can take off on days when just need a break.


this.

I get 17 days a year, and that includes my sick days, so in effect, my sick days are no notice vacation days.
__________________

Arbeit Macht Frei


Posted by Pinecrika on 06-03-2008 02:53 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by magnolia
one of the best days of my life was in february 05...neither the kid nor i really wanted to get up and goto work/school. we played hooky and i took her to marine life for the day. she was the only kid there. got to be the volunteer for the trained seal *and* the dolphin show *and* the bird show. glad i didn't wait - the place vanished in katrina.

and it is a day she still talks about, a memory we have together.



You just answered your own question.
__________________

"Let Ebola decide. " ....Tuba


Posted by Pianomahnn on 06-03-2008 03:27 PM:

You know what I hate? When people post topics that trail off, forcing me to click them in order to finish the thread title, only to realize the topic sucks total ass.


Posted by magnolia on 06-03-2008 03:40 PM:

if that's the worst thing that happens to you today, count yer blessings.

__________________

~if you plan on stirring shit, be prepared to lick the spoon~


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:40 PM. Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »
Show all 77 posts from this thread on one page

Powered by: vBulletin Version 2.2.8
Copyright © Jelsoft Enterprises Limited 2000 - 2002.
Copyright © 2014- Imaginet Inc.
[Legal Notice] | [Privacy Policy] | [Site Index]