Asylum Forums Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »
Show all 53 posts from this thread on one page

Asylum Forums (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/index.php)
- Sensory Overload (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=6)
-- true blood (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/showthread.php?threadid=50840)

Posted by mmmtravis on 08-19-2008 08:14 AM:

true blood

new vamp show on HBO.

just watched the first episode. interesting premise. i have a terribly disturbing anna paquin fetish, so that'll keep me hooked either way. still, something's missing. for a show about an unassuming hot ditzy blonde 'chosen one' who seems to be able to handle herself quite well in a world full of vampires.. i'm actually reminded more of the BBC's ultraviolet than i am of buffy.

anyway, it's HBO. they make good tv. and it has frank sabotka! so, i'll watch the entire series. it does need to step it up a bit, though.

picture unrelated

Posted by Rokkr on 08-19-2008 05:01 PM:

I saw this a few weeks ago and amazingly I pretty much concur. I'm not hung up on Anna Paquin, but I've always been a big vampire subject fan and this left me slightly put off. I'll watch it again, but it definitely needs to improve.

Admin Qualified

Posted by mmmtravis on 09-15-2008 01:26 PM:

I'm giving the series another shot now that it's actually airing... they re-shot the pilot (or at least switched out that black girl and re-shot her scenes) and it seems a bit better.

Also, the intro credits are maybe the coolest intro credits ever.

God hates fangs!

picture unrelated

Posted by Jazzer on 09-16-2008 01:18 AM:

WTF is up with her hearing peoples' thoughts? Was there some sort of exposition I missed?

Posted by Tray on 09-16-2008 08:56 AM:

I'll give it a few more episodes with Alan Ball writing. There are enough interesting variables presented already to keep me interested.

Doesn't mean that much to me, to mean that much to you.

Posted by mmmtravis on 09-16-2008 11:38 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Jazzer
WTF is up with her hearing peoples' thoughts? Was there some sort of exposition I missed?
Nope. She's the chosen one, maybe?

picture unrelated

Posted by GimpyDivo on 09-16-2008 03:25 PM:

paquin does indeed pack her shirt nicely.

the psychic angle is a vehicle for later plot developments. who wants to watch a gap toothed nice titty waitress unless she has more interesting talents? plus since she cant hear her vamp paramour she is intrigued. its romantic.

Posted by mmmtravis on 09-16-2008 04:01 PM:

i'd watch her take a poop. she's that hot.

picture unrelated

Posted by 堑r关 on 09-17-2008 10:45 PM:

I'm watching this next travis [after enduring fringe], and if it's total shit ... I'm charging you for 2 hours of my life ...

I believe that's probably about 25 cents or somthin'

Right, here's the plan. First, we go in there and get wrecked, then we eat a pork pie, then we drop some Surmontil-50's each. That way we'll miss out on Monday and come up smiling Tuesday morning.

Posted by 堑r关 on 09-19-2008 10:01 AM:

eh .. I like it

I havent read any reviews/show info, so i dont know about the chosen one premise, and I want to keep it that way so things will reveal themselves organically.

it should please the buffy/angel crowd a little at least, now theyve all grown up and can handle the sex and swearing, so they should hopefully get big enough audience figures to keep it running even though it's not mainstream fodder.

Paquin has been ruined by a bottle of bleach. I know it fits in with the dumb waitress thing, but she's hot, and even hotter with dark hair.

christ she has a great rack.

the writers really love wild at heart and nbk, which the credits have been stolen from, which is why theyre not bad. because of the accents, a few of the two-shot scenes really did feel like a wild at heart rip off, with only the noticable absence of the words "sailor" or "Lula"

Stephen Moyer is hawt too, which helps. I knew I recognised him from something silly I watched recently, and after looking, it was this pos, which was garbage, and he was the only redeeming feature

Right, here's the plan. First, we go in there and get wrecked, then we eat a pork pie, then we drop some Surmontil-50's each. That way we'll miss out on Monday and come up smiling Tuesday morning.

Posted by Mister Freign on 09-19-2008 10:29 AM:

I didn't care for it much, but I like the rednecks. If those two manage to not die, or alternatively if rednecks across the state are creatively arming to make meth lab style chained-vampire farms, I'll continue to download its episodes via torrent.

Agreed about the hair.

Posted by dogcow on 09-24-2008 01:36 PM:

i kinda like it. i'll watch this for a bit since heroes has long turned to shit.

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same." ~ Castaneda

Posted by mmmtravis on 09-24-2008 01:43 PM:

wtf is nbk?

picture unrelated

Posted by Coincidence on 09-24-2008 02:22 PM:

Did she get new ones since this picture or what?

You're in the wrnght place.

Posted by mmmtravis on 09-24-2008 03:02 PM:

at the very least, they're held up better.

picture unrelated

Posted by 堑r关 on 10-01-2008 10:49 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by mmmtravis
wtf is nbk?
natural born killers

okay. it's at episode 4. seriously seriously now, I'm getting desperate.

jesus christ, I so fucking want this to be good. I'm literally willing it to get better every minute I'm watching it. There aren't many shows I can say that about, and it's bloody annoying and it's like a supply/demand situation and every week it's like my dealer has run out of shit quality gear, and I want more shit quality gear because I'm totally devoid of brain cells and I can't quite get my head around this show being total arse, and just leaving it there.

it's not even like there's any suspense to keep me hooked. the show is devoid of any whatsoever aside from wanting sooooookie to shag comptons brains out. and by the time that happens, if they havent introduced some remotely interesting plot developments [i was going to type plot twists but you can't have twists until you've got a proper plot], the show is totally fucked, and even I'll stop watching it. It's hinting at it with the nightclub crew, and murder, and I havent read the books so I dont know, but for the love of christ please develop more quickly

I don't even go for plot really. I'm into character, small detail and cute dialogue, and it's not even ticking those boxes remotely.

Episode 4 was the worst yet. I thought the smelling of sheets at the end was soooo cute and lovely, and that's about it. I thought that Sookie was obviously dead from the waist down for not jumping on Bill after the altercation with the cop.

I'm hanging in there till episode 6. my experience with these type of shows seems to be that teething problems are normally ironed out by then, and often it just starts getting kick ass for 6 and 7.

Posted by mmmtravis on 10-01-2008 10:58 PM:

yeah, the vampire bar could have been so fucking cool.. they really dropped the ball there.

picture unrelated

Posted by 堑r关 on 10-01-2008 11:17 PM:

it's got sooo much fucking potential as a series though. that's what's so fucking criminal.

vampire series, with sex, more sex, lots of swearing, lots of violence, sexual tension, mixing of 'species', blood, nudity ... fucking hell it's seriously criminal to fuck such an easy list of gift horses.

WTF!

Posted by 堑r关 on 10-01-2008 11:24 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by mmmtravis
yeah, the vampire bar could have been so fucking cool.. they really dropped the ball there.
a potentially interesting character sat in a potentially interesting club, in a potentially interesting position with other characters that have potential that has yet to be explored/scripted.

then a potentially tense scene didnt happen, and it played out like a scene from a daytime soap.

has there been anything this BAD that could be so fucking good. jesus. even if it stole from blade verbatim, scene by scene, it'd be a rip off, but worth watching at least [ie: the bloodbath scene type of thing].

[edit] to make sense

Posted by 堑r关 on 10-06-2008 09:58 PM:

ooooo!

i just finished watching ... i liked it. it got better as the episode went on too. yay. this is good, because i really want it to be good. Sookie is still the worst character in the whole fucking thing though

who's the killer? My thoughts
[spoiler]

I think I like Lafyette the most. like Jason and Tara, he's one of the only ones who's really into their character, and have made it their own. He talks assertively and I believe what he's saying, plus I like his attitude to pretty much everything after having to listen to SookieSaint resisting everything. [also, he's got a really awesome body, which looks awesome with his colour]. And, years ago, rather embarrasingly, I remember trying to sell shrooms in the exact same way he's pitching Vee . I know theyve included that on purpose, but it's trewwwe dammit

the actor playing Jason must seriously LOVE playing this role, and I really loved the slutty blonde scene - at least he always does it like he means it

I thought at first that frustrated lonely confederate wifey was the same chick from the club, but I haven't looked it up because I don't want to ruin any future surprises or plot developments through viewing info's.

Posted by mmmtravis on 10-07-2008 09:28 AM:

IMO, the bar owner has been the decoy bad guy since day one. At the very least, we know he is that fucking dog that watches over her to quasi-protect her all the time (I guess protect isn't the right word, because she almost got killed early on in the series and where was the fucking dog). I hope I'm wrong though, because the idea of a were-basset hound or whatever is pretty gay.

I'm thinking maybe the killer is Lafayette. He's got some fucking V obsession that is maybe causing him to go off the deep end.. though I can't think of a reason why he'd kill grandma. Lafayette is the only main human character whose mind we don't seem to hear a whole lot, so he could keep some mystery there too. I know sookie mentioned something about the weird 'emotions' going on in the bar owners head, but i think that has something to do with him being the were-poodle.

And yeah, now that you mention it, the confederate wife looked a bit like the dominatrix from the club. But man, could I be any more disinterested? Still, after five episodes, my favorite part of the show is the opening credit sequence.

picture unrelated

Posted by 堑r关 on 10-07-2008 10:55 AM:

I'd love him to be the decoy bad guy. in all honesty I'd love the show to be smarter, so I hope I'm wrong.

Lafyette as the killer would be ace. He's the best character.

did they get Chris Isaac's younger, cheaper brother to sing the credits? or is it actually Chris Isaac?

it's a shame you dont watch dexter, cos episode 2 of season 3 was just "leaked" and it totally rocked.

Posted by Rokkr on 10-07-2008 01:32 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by 堑r关
did they get Chris Isaac's younger, cheaper brother to sing the credits? or is it actually Chris Isaac?

I liked the song so I tracked it down.
It's a guy named Jace Everett. The album's not bad, southern boogie/alt country stuff. But the song they use is the best one on the album.

Admin Qualified

Posted by mmmtravis on 10-07-2008 01:54 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by 堑r关
I'd love him to be the decoy bad guy. in all honesty I'd love the show to be smarter, so I hope I'm wrong.

Lafyette as the killer would be ace. He's the best character.

it's a shame you dont watch dexter, cos episode 2 of season 3 was just "leaked" and it totally rocked.

I was about to type "it's a shame Dexter isn't good enough for me to watch," but then I realized I'm watching the new Knight Rider, and I immediately lost all sense of entitlement.

picture unrelated

Posted by 堑r关 on 10-07-2008 02:09 PM:

knight rider is nothing compared to your confession about watching the OC. the only thing you were left with after that, was damage limitation. It's one of those pivital moments in life which changes things forever, and you can never take it back.

there was a nutty english chick [also in the Hustle] you wouldve liked in Dexter last season. but she's dead now. If you only judged it on 1 or 2 episodes, if you get chance, give it another shot. it really is worth a look