Asylum Forums
Show all 12 posts from this thread on one page

Asylum Forums (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/index.php)
- Polěticŕs der Mondé (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=18)
-- Suck on it, FOX (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/showthread.php?threadid=54489)

Posted by billgerat on 04-22-2010 03:36 AM:

Suck on it, FOX

SURVEY: Daily Show/Colbert Viewers Most Knowledgeable, Fox News Viewers Rank Lowest

A new study by the Pew Research Study shows that viewers of the Daily Show and the Colbert Report have the highest knowledge of national and international affairs, while Fox News viewers rank nearly dead last:

Despite significant technology shifts, however, Pew found that “today’s citizens are about as able to name their leaders, and are about as aware of major news events, as was the public nearly 20 years ago.”

The results about Fox News echo findings of previous surveys. In 2003, University of Maryland researchers studied the public’s belief in three false claims — that Iraq possessed WMD, that Iraq was involved in 9/11, and that there was international support for the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq.

The researchers stated, “The extent of Americans’ misperceptions vary significantly depending on their source of news. Those who receive most of their news from Fox News are more likely than average to have misperceptions.” Fox News viewers were l“three times more likely than the next nearest network to hold all three misperceptions.”

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/04/16...-fox-knowledge/

"Republicans: the party that brought us 'Just Say No.' First as a drug policy, then as their entire platform." -Stephen Colbert -

Posted by Trenchant_Troll on 04-22-2010 03:54 AM:

You like you some network TV morning shows, don't you Bill?

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Posted by lucidnightmare on 04-22-2010 04:14 AM:

Name our "leaders". That's the problem. Maybe Daily Show stoners need leaders. To us they are no more important than mailmen. Hey you is good enough for me.

I wonder how many Daily Show viewers have all day to sit around watching TV ?

Trenchant_Troll
I hope you run out of butter too, Dane.

Posted by Aydin on 04-22-2010 04:22 AM:

You're stereotyping.

Aydin1 on Google+

Posted by Trenchant_Troll on 04-22-2010 04:25 AM:

People are stereotypes. They are.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Posted by lucidnightmare on 04-22-2010 04:32 AM:

I don't think so. They are viewers of a TV program not a race. TV show go after certain audiences. That guy that Stewart told to go fuck youself the other day had his website spammed by Stewart sheeple using that exact phrase. When he was on the show Stewart was nice to him. The coward.

Trenchant_Troll

Posted by Large Filipino on 04-22-2010 05:17 AM:

That's Stewart's style. He's nice to everyone he interviews. He lets the assholes shine on their own.

I want a Trump sex doll.
I would throw it in a Orangutan enclosure
And watch the orgy.

Posted by Aydin on 04-22-2010 05:23 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by lucidnightmare
I don't think so. They are viewers of a TV program not a race. TV show go after certain audiences. That guy that Stewart told to go fuck youself the other day had his website spammed by Stewart sheeple using that exact phrase. When he was on the show Stewart was nice to him. The coward.

You're still stereotyping his viewers. Stereotyping is not always about race, as much as you think everything is about race.

Aydin1 on Google+

Posted by lucidnightmare on 04-22-2010 06:53 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Aydin
You're still stereotyping his viewers. Stereotyping is not always about race, as much as you think everything is about race.

An even quick look at posts in here and you wioll see that 99 % of the time when I say anything about race it is because it was brought up by someone else and rather than just let it go as the charge to end all debate I refute it. It's often brought up to derail a debate that is going badly for the left.

And I think TV shows have target audiences. It's not stereotyping.

Trenchant_Troll

Posted by Aydin on 04-22-2010 07:59 PM:

Yes tv shows have target audiences. That does not mean that all Daily show viewers are useless stoners who spam websites and have all day to sit around watching tv.

That last part didn't make much sense, since Fox News airs "Non-news" commentary programming at least 18 hours a day and the Daily Show is 30 minutes.

Aydin1 on Google+

Posted by lucidnightmare on 04-22-2010 08:05 PM:

I know that.

The all day thing was a comment on knowing about current events more.

Trenchant_Troll

Posted by Aydin on 04-22-2010 11:25 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by lucidnightmare
An even quick look at posts in here and you wioll see that 99 % of the time when I say anything about race it is because it was brought up by someone else and rather than just let it go as the charge to end all debate I refute it. It's often brought up to derail a debate that is going badly for the left.

You can't say a debate was going badly for left or right at that point because intelligent people are no longer interested. You have to skim over certain people more than others in a political debate.

Aydin1 on Google+