Asylum Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 28 posts from this thread on one page

Asylum Forums (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/index.php)
- The Lost Forum (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=3)
-- So it's settled then. (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/showthread.php?threadid=55308)

Posted by Brett on 10-10-2010 02:41 AM:

So it's settled then.

Americans speak "proper" English.

Posted by Escape Artist on 10-10-2010 02:43 AM:

We just kill them all with our pikes, and let the Spaghetti Monster sort them out?

Oh.

Fucking total buzzkill letdown, dude. Thanks. Get away from my weekend.

Posted by Tefl on 10-10-2010 02:52 AM:

No, southerners speak proper english. The rest of you are just mangling the fuck out of it.

Posted by Escape Artist on 10-10-2010 02:54 AM:

Finally, an opportunity to use the General Lee horn on the Neon I is driving. YEEEEEHAWWWW!

(no, not really, but c'mon...that'd be totally bitchin.)

Posted by Brett on 10-10-2010 02:54 AM:

git-r-dun, ya'll!

Posted by cruncle on 10-10-2010 03:01 AM:

you might speak it, but you fail at spelling it.

world's luckiest motherfuckers
Muffy $17.59 - Captain Doublestandards $11.81 - Pinecrika $10.82 - Suki $9.77 - avondale $8.87 - Vegas $7.20 - karen $6.79 - PNG $6.69 - LF $6.22 - Dingle the Dongle $5.08 - Mr Freign $4.12 - paul theo $3.79 - coincidence $3.75 - cw $3.64 - Magnolia $3.63 - JoeyCat $3.39 - T $3.06 - Mokkori $2.75 - ignatz mouse $2.47 - mudded $2.46 - fubar $2.06 - mmmtravis $2.00 - Trenchant_Troll $1.99 - SimpleSimon $1.96 - skinny $1.37 - Azbat the 4th $1.32 - Mugtoe $0.64 - Loser $0.63 - Dogcow $0.62 - XiXo $0.58 - SocialParasite $0.56 - Dacarlo $0.54 - billgerat $0.52

Posted by Tefl on 10-10-2010 03:02 AM:

LOL!

Ya'll catch on eventually.

Posted by Avondale on 10-10-2010 03:06 AM:

Heyall whats fixin to be happenin in this hyea thread?

yours goddamn fucking truly

Posted by karen on 10-10-2010 04:06 AM:

Posted by Brett on 10-10-2010 04:08 AM:

that is a proper representation of British English if I've ever heard it, karen.

Posted by rust on 10-10-2010 02:06 PM:

fuck off karen

Posted by PNG on 10-10-2010 03:42 PM:

i blame niggers

everything that irritates us about others, can lead to an understanding of ourselves.
(C) jung

Posted by lucidnightmare on 10-10-2010 05:33 PM:

What is that form of english that the duel guys used to use ?

"Sir you forget yourself." Balderdash !

I wanna learn that.

Trenchant_Troll
I hope you run out of butter too, Dane.

Posted by Coincidence on 10-10-2010 06:37 PM:

Read P. G. Wodehouse.

You're in the wrnght place.

Posted by Coincidence on 10-10-2010 06:56 PM:

Yay quotes.

'A certain critic—for such men, I regret to say, do exist—made the nasty remark about my last novel that it contained ‘all the old Wodehouse characters under different names’. He has probably now been eaten by bears, like the children who made mock of the prophet Elisha: but if he still survives he will not be able to make a similar charge against Summer Lightning. With my superior intelligence, I have outgeneralled this man by putting in all the old Wodehouse characters under the same names. Pretty silly it will make him feel, I rather fancy.'

'Blizzard was of the fine old school of butlers. His appearance suggested that for fifteen years he had not let a day pass without its pint of port. He radiated port and pop-eyed dignity. He had splay feet and three chins, and when he walked his curving waistcoat preceded him like the advance guard of some royal procession.'

'I once got engaged to his daughter Honoria, a ghastly dynamic exhibit who read Nietzsche and had a laugh like waves breaking on a stern and rockbound coast.'

'Honoria, you see, is one of those robust, dynamic girls with the muscles of a welterweight and a laugh like a squadron of cavalry charging over a tin bridge. A beastly thing to face over the breakfast table. Brainy, moreover.'

'At the age of eleven or thereabouts women acquire a poise and an ability to handle difficult situations which a man, if he is lucky, manages to achieve somewhere in the later seventies.'

You're in the wrnght place.

Posted by lucidnightmare on 10-10-2010 07:00 PM:

Ha ha ha ! That's great.

Trenchant_Troll
I hope you run out of butter too, Dane.

Posted by J E B Stuart on 12-26-2018 07:51 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Tefl
No, southerners speak proper english. The rest of you are just mangling the fuck out of it.

Ain’t that the truth, son.

Amen.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should not�the real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 12-29-2018 10:54 PM:

Certain Southern dialects are very pleasant to the ear.

Report this post to a moderator!!!

Posted by J E B Stuart on 01-10-2019 10:10 PM:

I get told that a lot.

Amen.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should not�the real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 01-13-2019 07:01 AM:

Did they tell you that at the Philly pissup? I know they mentioned your vertical abundance.

Posted by J E B Stuart on 01-13-2019 11:41 PM:

I don’t recall. I remember I gave my Harley Davidson t-shirt to Check Wreck, God rest his soul. He was one stout hombre and very, very likable. He chased Paintipoo around. Paintipoo acted like he was fearful of being Heffernanned. When he allowed himself to get caught, he was obviously disappointed that Check was just catch ‘n’ release.

Amen.

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 01-14-2019 12:02 AM:

Who disappointed you?

Posted by J E B Stuart on 02-10-2019 06:31 AM:

Disappointment generally rises and falls in tandem with expectations.

Amen.

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 02-10-2019 03:47 PM:

Then it's better not to expect much out of people.

Posted by J E B Stuart on 02-25-2019 03:48 AM:

On the other hand, people can really surprise in positive ways.

Amen.