Asylum Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 32 posts from this thread on one page

Asylum Forums (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/index.php)
- The Lost Forum (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=3)
-- Would you breastfeed for £200? (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/showthread.php?threadid=59006)

Posted by skinny on 11-13-2013 08:20 PM:

Would you breastfeed for £200?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/health-24900650

New mothers are to be offered up to £200 in shopping vouchers to encourage them to breastfeed their babies.

I think this will be abused to the max by most of the rugrat parents from 'round 'r way, they would gladly stick their kid on their tit, or someone elses for that matter, every now and again in front of a midwife to claim £200...some times I think people in high positions are so far out of touch with reality it is unbelievable!!!
I would've liked to have been present when the shirt and tie brigade were brainstorming this idea!!

Now was that funny HAHA or funny wierd??

Posted by Mister Freign on 11-13-2013 09:46 PM:

for two hunnert quid she'd better be wearing some nice stockings while she does it

Posted by magnolia on 11-13-2013 10:48 PM:

in a way, it does make some sense. the health benefits to babies from breastfeeding for the first 8 weeks is huge, and is still significant for the next few months. the cost benefits of breastfeeding versus the government buying formula for low-income people is pretty big too. a baby will generally consume 5-6 large cans of the powder. assuming you don't need specialty stuff for a preemie or allergic kid, a brand name can runs $20-25 dollars. so, 600-900 bucks for the first 6 months that WIC vouchers pay for.

300 bucks sounds like a bargain, frankly.

~if you plan on stirring shit, be prepared to lick the spoon~

Posted by J E B Stuart on 11-14-2013 06:08 AM:

Talking

quote:
Originally posted by magnolia
... 300 bucks sounds like a bargain, frankly.

I certainly agree, cher. Will you accept a check?

Amen.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should not�the real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Posted by Coincidence on 11-14-2013 07:47 AM:

People out of touch with reality?! STOP THEM.

You're in the wrnght place.

Posted by Dacarlo on 11-14-2013 10:14 PM:

quote:
in a way, it does make some sense.

No. I'm tired of paying for other dumb fucks shit. Some paying is necessary, but this is right up there with paying convict kids to go out on day trips.

Fuck that shit.

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Moderator

Posted by magnolia on 11-14-2013 10:55 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Dacarlo
No. I'm tired of paying for other dumb fucks shit. Some paying is necessary, but this is right up there with paying convict kids to go out on day trips.

Fuck that shit.

well, you're gonna pay for them to get formula or to be nursed, if they're low income. no way the good ppl of the uk are going to stand for this

when it's a white baby down the street.

so in that context, $300 sounds better than $600-900.

Posted by magnolia on 11-14-2013 10:56 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by J E B Stuart
I certainly agree, cher. Will you accept a check?

Amen.

if i have another child and nurse, i'll let ya know.

Posted by J E B Stuart on 11-15-2013 08:22 AM:

Lactose intolerance is a bummer.

Amen.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should not�the real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Posted by Coincidence on 11-15-2013 09:19 AM:

quote:

Fuck that shit.

Aren't you paying for them anyway?

Posted by magnolia on 11-15-2013 11:41 PM:

^^^what he said.

Posted by gundamgarrett on 11-16-2013 03:44 AM:

I vote people take care of their own fuckin' kids. That or use a condom.

"You know, DRZ, if this was the Revolutionary War, I'd be shooting you in the face with a musket."- TT

Posted by Dacarlo on 11-16-2013 08:47 PM:

quote:
well, you're gonna pay for them to get formula or to be nursed, if they're low income. no way the good ppl of the uk are going to stand for this

when it's a white baby down the street.

so in that context, $300 sounds better than $600-900.

Beast feeding is free. Spending taxes on a freely available resource is bullshit of the highest order and I don't condone it no matter how many unrelated pictures of skinny white babies people post.

I don't give a fuck about other peoples hellspawn.

Posted by Dacarlo on 11-16-2013 08:52 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Coincidence
Aren't you paying for them anyway?

Whilst some contribution is reasonable for a functional society spending needlessly isn't reasonable. I'm also acutely aware that should I ever spawn mini-me no other cunt will be picking up the tab other than me and my family.

Examples of needless expenditure also include such idiocy as rich old people getting winter fuel allowance, free public transport and tv tax. The entire system is rife with inequity and stupidity. It needs a gargantuan overhaul.

See I pick on the old and defenceless as much as the young and defenceless. Alas there's no one left for me to vote for, and thus no one to defend me.

Posted by Dacarlo on 11-16-2013 08:55 PM:

And whilst we're on the topic of convicts...

Rock breaking. Move that pile of rocks from one side of the yard to the other. Rinse and repeat. None of this home comforts bullshit. No one would want to go back to jail after all that.

Posted by Coincidence on 11-16-2013 11:58 PM:

Aren't convicts supposed to improve? I would probably want to kill someone if I had to move rocks all day.
I'm totally for free public transport.
The argument for rich people getting welfare comforts is that it should be equal for everyone.

Posted by magnolia on 11-17-2013 03:57 AM:

quote:
Beast feeding is free. Spending taxes on a freely available resource is bullshit of the highest order and I don't condone it no matter how many unrelated pictures of skinny white babies people post.

I don't give a fuck about other peoples hellspawn.

you are missing the point.hook

breastfeeding is not as easy as you think it is. i daresay i have a bit more firsthand experience than you. you say it's "free" because one doesn't pay for it in a store. while that is accurate, it's not entirely true.

breastfeeding costs time, and as the saying goes, time is money. it is a job i can't get someone else to do - even if i pump for someone else to do the feeding, i still have to stop, get out of clothing, hook up to a machine, pump, store correctly, sanitize the macine, rerobe, and go one while either me or the person feeding the expressed milk from the bottle has to warm it correctly (no popping into the microwave), feed and clean /sterilize the bottles correctly.

you are always going to have to subsidize poor folk. whether you want to or not is moot. therefore, the choice is not whether or not you will have to or should have to - that train had left the station. the question is "what will be the best value for the money?" looking at both the direct cost and indirect cost benefits, breastfeeding is pretty much the winner. that is all. i'm not arguing whether it's fair or just that you or i have to. just accept that we are going to get shellacked, and the question is how to get the least shellacked.

Posted by gundamgarrett on 11-17-2013 04:46 AM:

quote:
Aren't convicts supposed to improve? I would probably want to kill someone if I had to move rocks all day.
I'm totally for free public transport.
The argument for rich people getting welfare comforts is that it should be equal for everyone.

I was under the impression was that jail was a punishment.

"You know, DRZ, if this was the Revolutionary War, I'd be shooting you in the face with a musket."- TT

Posted by gundamgarrett on 11-17-2013 04:47 AM:

quote:
And whilst we're on the topic of convicts...

Rock breaking. Move that pile of rocks from one side of the yard to the other. Rinse and repeat. None of this home comforts bullshit. No one would want to go back to jail after all that.

Make 'em wear pink while they do it.

http://www.cellutiongroup.com/archives/234

Posted by Coincidence on 11-17-2013 12:34 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by gundamgarrett
I was under the impression was that jail was a punishment.

Oh, probably. You have to wonder why they don't chain them in a dungeon with cheap porridge and unclean water.

Others think some prisoners can still improve and that's what they are trying. FOR YOUR MONEY.

Posted by gundamgarrett on 11-17-2013 10:01 PM:

quote:
Oh, probably. You have to wonder why they don't chain them in a dungeon with cheap porridge and unclean water.

Others think some prisoners can still improve and that's what they are trying. FOR YOUR MONEY.

I don't understand why they cant take classes and such to work on improvement, without the comports of home.Doing some sort of work for a minor wage wouldn't hurt anyone either. I don't get your "let's coddle rappists" mentality.

Posted by Dacarlo on 11-18-2013 11:32 AM:

quote:
you are missing the point.hook

breastfeeding is not as easy as you think it is. i daresay i have a bit more firsthand experience than you. you say it's "free" because one doesn't pay for it in a store. while that is accurate, it's not entirely true.

I have impressive moobs, but have yet to supply milk from them. I'll look into that

I never said it was easy. I said it was free. I stand by that. Otherwise we'll all start 'charging' for the things we have to do and usually CHOOSE to do. i.e. have kids and feed them.

quote:
breastfeeding costs time, and as the saying goes, time is money. it is a job i can't get someone else to do - even if i pump for someone else to do the feeding, i still have to stop, get out of clothing, hook up to a machine, pump, store correctly, sanitize the macine, rerobe, and go one while either me or the person feeding the expressed milk from the bottle has to warm it correctly (no popping into the microwave), feed and clean /sterilize the bottles correctly.

Sounds like a sound business for woman able to supply and babies who generate demand. It shouldnt be confused with the states business or other tax payers business, short of perhaps using some NHS budget to supply education on how its done. If it doesnt work, buy formula.

quote:
you are always going to have to subsidize poor folk. whether you want to or not is moot. therefore, the choice is not whether or not you will have to or should have to - that train had left the station. the question is "what will be the best value for the money?" looking at both the direct cost and indirect cost benefits, breastfeeding is pretty much the winner. that is all. i'm not arguing whether it's fair or just that you or i have to. just accept that we are going to get shellacked, and the question is how to get the least shellacked.

Then perhaps this is where we're diverging. I'm not arguing that taxes shouldn't be levied to support people in need, I'm arguing that I don't think spending taxes in this way is the most cost effective, nor the best message or incentive for mothers nursing their young. Somehow we managed to get through the last x thousands of years without a financial incentive for tit sucking, I'm sure we can manage many thousands more.

Leaflets, doctors, online info, other mothers, grandma etc can all lend a hand no?

Posted by Coincidence on 11-18-2013 12:01 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by gundamgarrett
I don't understand why they cant take classes and such to work on improvement, without the comports of home.Doing some sort of work for a minor wage wouldn't hurt anyone either. I don't get your "let's coddle rappists" mentality.

Do you mean rappers?

Either way, I'm sure you agree there's a difference between moving rocks and taking classes?

I guess I'm saying that there's a difference between improving a person in jail or making them worse. I never said they should be at home. I never said they should be cuddled or coddled. Are you somehow addressing another person?

Also, we need some bankers and corrupt politicians in jails, right?

Posted by DRZ on 11-18-2013 12:10 PM:

I would let LF breast feed me for $200. Twice ... I'll buy a PS4.

Posted by Dacarlo on 11-18-2013 07:36 PM:

quote:

Also, we need some bankers and corrupt politicians in jails, right?

Yes.