Asylum Forums Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »
Show all 55 posts from this thread on one page

Asylum Forums (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/index.php)
- The Lost Forum (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=3)
-- Thread wherein we predict the future. (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/showthread.php?threadid=59776)

Posted by slight on 04-19-2018 12:59 PM:

Thread wherein we predict the future.

I don't get around to this part of the internet very often anymore, but asylum has a habit of still being here every time I do drop in, which makes it a good place for me to bury a time capsule thread.

So, this is a thread to predict the future and then after some years have past, come back and see how wrong you were way back now.

My predictions:

2028: First fully autonomous AI sex robot.

2038: First fully autonomous AI sex robot president.

Your predictions?

Posted by Large Filipino on 04-19-2018 11:34 PM:

80% of the world's population will be destroyed.
The remaining 20% will live in a moneyless society.

I want a Trump sex doll.
I would throw it in a Orangutan enclosure
And watch the orgy.

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 04-20-2018 11:17 AM:

2026: People will stop playing "Simon Says."

2035: A 5-year old girl will win the Nobel Peace Prize.

Report this post to a moderator!!!

Posted by J E B Stuart on 04-21-2018 06:29 PM:

The year is 2020. Grasshoppa gets to “star” in an episode of “Buried Alive”, due to years of extreme hoarding of “free”condiments and various other “free stuff”. This installment became particularly notorious after word got out that the film crew endured frequent bouts of uncontrolled hurling, retching and gagging, despite wearing full hazmat gear.

Amen.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should not�the real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 04-23-2018 02:06 AM:

You have 2020 vision.

Posted by J E B Stuart on 04-24-2018 07:06 AM:

By the year 2021, that jackass wonderaz’s soily red brassiere becomes so foul and putrid, the city council responds to numerous complaints from the public by unanimously condemning said brassiere as a public health hazard.

Amen.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should not�the real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 04-24-2018 04:42 PM:

Later that year, the city council and all the citizens will be found dead from the stench. Not even cockroaches will survive. the anti-fumigants proved to be worthless. Only The Loretta will survive.

Posted by J E B Stuart on 05-07-2018 11:28 PM:

About 225 million years later, archaeologists digging at the site of the former U.S, Capitol building are astonished at what appears thus far to be a bottomless pit of petrified human coprolite.

Amen.

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 05-08-2018 07:04 PM:

In a quarter of a billion years from now, I hope I remember my password here.

Posted by J E B Stuart on 05-09-2018 06:27 PM:

By then, passwords will have long been replaced by asswords. I’m certain of it.

Amen.

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 05-10-2018 06:40 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by J E B Stuart
By then, passwords will have long been replaced by asswords. I’m certain of it.

That's what wonderaz speaks now -- jackasswords.

Posted by J E B Stuart on 05-11-2018 05:09 AM:

Oh, he always has. He invented it during his brown goose days.

Amen.

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 05-11-2018 11:59 AM:

He does goose steps at the home, especially after kissing his Nazi memorabilia collection.

Posted by J E B Stuart on 05-11-2018 05:06 PM:

Actually, that’s Native American stuff he’s pilfered and rat-holed over the years.

On a serious but related note, this piece is somewhat lengthy, but interesting.

Amen.

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 05-12-2018 05:39 PM:

Interesting. It'll be very hard and will take many years, if at all, to reclaim that symbol.

Posted by J E B Stuart on 05-13-2018 07:33 AM:

It is akin to cultural misappropriation. The same has happened with the Cross of St. Andrew.

Amen.

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 05-13-2018 01:46 PM:

Isn't it found on the Confederate Flag? Talk about a symbol that's raising a lot of hackles lately.

Posted by J E B Stuart on 05-13-2018 08:36 PM:

That’s exactly what I’m talking about, although the particular flag you’re thinking about wasn’t ever a national flag of the CSA. It was one of numerous battle flags.

Amen.

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 05-16-2018 02:41 PM:

Okay.

Posted by J E B Stuart on 05-16-2018 09:47 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by GoFuckYourselves!
Okay.
If you’re interested, Herk, here is a fairly informative link.

Amen.

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 05-17-2018 02:24 AM:

Very informative, thanks for the link.

Posted by J E B Stuart on 05-17-2018 05:56 AM:

You’re welcome, Herk.

Amen.

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 05-20-2018 05:09 AM:

Thank you.

Posted by J E B Stuart on 05-20-2018 02:45 PM:

Yeah, that’s a really good one by Sly & The Family Stone, but my favorite is:

Amen.

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 05-21-2018 12:57 AM:

Great song, indeed!