Asylum Forums Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »
Show all 59 posts from this thread on one page

Asylum Forums (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/index.php)
- The Lost Forum (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=3)
-- Ways to embrace your inner nerd (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/showthread.php?threadid=60075)

Posted by Oracular_Jinx on 08-17-2018 04:56 PM:

Ways to embrace your inner nerd

Beyond star wars or larping (which I will do one day so help me god), I have started to seek out ways to feed my ravenous inner nerd. We have nerd nights in toronto, which are pretty cool, and I have joined a board game club that meets on Friday nights. Oddly, many of them are not as nerdy as one would imagine. I have also been checking out speakers at universities. Sometimes the topics are familiar, sometimes I am in over my head (astronomy what?), but it has been kind of fun. What other nerdy things are there that I can aim for, guys? I would join a dnd group but I think my schedule won't allow for the commitment it would require.

Ni! Ni!

Posted by J E B Stuart on 08-17-2018 05:00 PM:

Philately. Definitely philately.

Amen.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should not�the real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Posted by Oracular_Jinx on 08-17-2018 05:34 PM:

Though a riveting subject, I think that may be a hard no.

Ni! Ni!

Posted by J E B Stuart on 08-20-2018 04:08 AM:

Classic comic books? How ‘bout that?

Amen.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should not�the real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 08-20-2018 04:11 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by J E B Stuart

Amen.

Have you seen phil lately?

Report this post to a moderator!!!

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 08-20-2018 04:12 AM:

quote:

Amen.

Absolately.

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 08-20-2018 04:13 AM:

quote:
Classic comic books? How ‘bout that?

Amen.

That's a yes.

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 08-20-2018 04:15 AM:

Chess club members?

Posted by J E B Stuart on 08-22-2018 12:43 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by GoFuckYourselves!
Cheese club members?

FTFY, Herk.

Amen.

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 08-22-2018 04:16 PM:

You chose to choose cheese, Chi Chi?

Posted by J E B Stuart on 08-23-2018 06:31 AM:

Just think. You could become famous as founder of the #CheeeeeseToo movement.

Amen.

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 08-23-2018 04:58 PM:

Too late. Instead, I founded the bowel movement.

Posted by J E B Stuart on 08-26-2018 04:59 PM:

Dang. Here all this time I thought you were with the vowel movement.

*Note to self - Get ears checked for wax build-up.

Amen.

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 08-27-2018 09:52 AM:

I dd strt th vwl mvmnt. I wnt thm rmvd frm th nglsh lngg.

Posted by J E B Stuart on 08-30-2018 05:34 PM:

Looks Danish t’me.

Amen.

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 08-31-2018 02:10 AM:

t crtnly ds.

Posted by J E B Stuart on 08-31-2018 08:28 PM:

Y dsrv sm frsh chs t clbrt. Ymmy fr yr tmmy!

Amn.

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 09-02-2018 07:11 PM:

Srry Jb, 'm nt clbrtng ny sch thng!!

Posted by J E B Stuart on 09-03-2018 05:10 AM:

Hey, Jinxy. What’s a dnd group? Do no disturb?

Amen.

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 09-03-2018 09:27 AM:

Hey Jinxy! Jeb is talking to you!!

Posted by J E B Stuart on 09-06-2018 11:22 PM:

Jinxy?

Amen.

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 09-07-2018 09:10 PM:

She died.

Posted by J E B Stuart on 09-14-2018 03:01 AM:

Nope. She was here today. Started to post, but got the vapors and fainted.

Amen.

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 09-14-2018 08:01 AM:

What caused her to get the vapors?

Posted by J E B Stuart on 09-19-2018 05:55 PM:

Perhaps she read of your latest capers in the papers?

Amen.