Asylum Forums Pages (245): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 » ... Last »
Show all 6101 posts from this thread on one page

Asylum Forums (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/index.php)
- Sensory Overload (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=6)
-- What Cinematic Endeavor Did You Just Revel In? (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/showthread.php?threadid=56104)

Posted by Coincidence on 08-13-2011 04:07 PM:

American Gangster

Entertaining, but not in the least exciting as we have seen it all before, with cooler people.
Also, I needed to know how you set up the smuggling of heroin in dead soldier's coffins, as Frank Lucas allegedly did. 6.8/10

You're in the wrnght place.

Posted by Large Filipino on 08-14-2011 03:42 AM:

Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes

Fucking Killer.

I want a Trump sex doll.
I would throw it in a Orangutan enclosure
And watch the orgy.

Posted by Rokkr on 08-14-2011 04:09 AM:

Marwencol
Doc about a man who was beaten so badly, he forgot everything about his life.
He started taking pictures of a town in WWII Belgium he's built using dolls for citizens.

It sounds fairly boring, but there's a kind of therapy here and maybe some redemption amongst his loneliness, his hopes and needs and the fact the art world discovered and treasures his photographs.

Definitely worth a watch.

Admin Qualified

Posted by Brett on 08-14-2011 06:43 AM:

Arthur (2011)

considering it took me a week of viewing the trailers for it to even register as being a remake of Arthur, I thought it was pretty good.

Posted by ignatz mouse on 08-14-2011 06:49 AM:

Did you like the first one?

Posted by Coincidence on 08-14-2011 10:45 AM:

Brett is a brave man if he says yes.

You're in the wrnght place.

Posted by Brett on 08-14-2011 02:50 PM:

I haven't seen the original in years.

Posted by CRSR on 08-14-2011 03:25 PM:

honest.
it ain't that bad. mostly when you forget it's a remake.
in fact it's hardly a remake. besides the rich and the drunk.
supporting cast is quite enjoyable.
I'd recommend it for what it is, certainly could of been better if they went further with the concept. also I'm not a big fan of the the star.

Posted by CRSR on 08-14-2011 03:54 PM:

watched "Bad Teacher" last night and found it laughable in parts but mostly unsuccessful as a story. There just simply wasn't a plot that made it worth anything. I mean it's all there, the characters, the actors, the premise. Re-writes - re - writes. something got lost. The second act drags with a huge setup and no payoff (the tutoring) and instead skips ideas in favor of bad jokes near the end that just don't payoff. Also the fact that Diaz needs tits to get a man is laughable, she has eyes that eat a void and a smile that devours worlds, who is even looking at her tits?

Posted by CRSR on 08-14-2011 04:09 PM:

"Priest"
I haven't seen anyone mention this yet so I figured I'd but a word in.
what a messed up...er...mess.
totally enjoyable film for action fodder but what a missed concept. The logline promises vampires fighting ninjas and we just don't get the payoff. what we get is, and I haven't exactly timed it, about 20 mins of people riding turbine motorcycles, around 15 mins or cartoon exposition, 30 mins of religious annoyance, then finally few minutes of cgi vampires that make it not worth much. Hard to say what went wrong here, but I think it was a need to try and fill in some gap about why "vampires exist" and why "priests fight them". All good and stuff, but if this went camp instead it coulda been great. I mean who really needs to know why this is happening? Just give me bad ass scenes of action. maybe "Priest2 - in Space" will be better.

Posted by CRSR on 08-14-2011 04:16 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by SimpleSimon
The Gods Must Be Crazy

Still funny, and still a true showcase for the beauty of the Kalahari.

This film gets huge recommendations from me as well. Part documentary/part farce it's worth each minute.

Posted by CRSR on 08-14-2011 04:18 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Rokkr
Marwencol

Definitely worth a watch.

I've seen this trailer a few times before films I've watched and keep meaning to watch it but the name keeps escaping me. Now thanks to this thread I have record of it.

Posted by Brett on 08-14-2011 04:24 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by CRSR
also I'm not a big fan of the the star.

I thought he did fine. Though I was thinking of this the entire time:

Posted by CRSR on 08-14-2011 04:35 PM:

I just don't find Brand all that funny. I like him in small doses I guess, I did give a positive review for him in "Get Him to the Greek". But he grates on me, and he made even family horror "Hop" annoying.

Posted by Large Filipino on 08-14-2011 04:52 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by ignatz mouse
Did you like the first one?

Loved the original Arthur. Liza Minnelli looked really hot back then.

I want a Trump sex doll.
I would throw it in a Orangutan enclosure
And watch the orgy.

Posted by Brett on 08-14-2011 04:59 PM:

quote:
I just don't find Brand all that funny. I like him in small doses I guess, I did give a positive review for him in "Get Him to the Greek". But he grates on me, and he made even family horror "Hop" annoying.

"Get Him to the Greek" was one of those movies that looked pretty bad, but I heard very positive things about, but was about as bad as I thought it would be once I saw it. I don't think it had anything to do with the cast as much as it did the writing.

Posted by CRSR on 08-14-2011 05:05 PM:

It's this odd thing with comedy scripts these days where they are often well written in advance then when they get on set they improvise the whole thing. I hear "30 mins or less" is a disaster of a film but the script was on the "blacklist" last year, and hardly follows the original writing.

And I'm not saying "get him to the Greek" was in anyway a great movie, just that I didn't mind Brand so much in it.

Posted by Rokkr on 08-14-2011 05:24 PM:

Cassel plays the bad guy to perfection.

Admin Qualified

Posted by CRSR on 08-14-2011 05:35 PM:

hotlinking! error! moderator!

Posted by Rokkr on 08-14-2011 05:38 PM:

quote:
hotlinking! error! moderator!

Yes? How may I help you?

Admin Qualified

Posted by CRSR on 08-14-2011 05:40 PM:

I meant your post "dvdactive" hotlink error

Posted by Brett on 08-17-2011 05:44 AM:

Take Me Home Tonight

That 80s Movie.

Posted by Cockney_Rebel on 08-19-2011 04:55 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Large Filipino
Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes

Fucking Killer.

100 is a tad generous. 88 is a more adequate number. I did thoroughly enjoy it though and I will watch again tonight.

Posted by Brett on 08-20-2011 01:55 AM:

Vanishing on 7th Street

I think I heard like 1/5 of the dialogue.

Posted by Tefl on 08-20-2011 03:53 AM:

Sex Pot. This movie is so fucking bad it defies explanation. I honestly think they let a group of retarded 12 year olds write the script. Jebus wept, this movie sucked.