Asylum Forums Pages (245): « First ... « 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 » ... Last »
Show all 6101 posts from this thread on one page

Asylum Forums (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/index.php)
- Sensory Overload (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=6)
-- What Cinematic Endeavor Did You Just Revel In? (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/showthread.php?threadid=56104)

Posted by CRSR on 09-12-2011 06:33 AM:

also
should it not be {Defend the Block}

Posted by Brett on 09-12-2011 01:59 PM:

Let Me In

yes yes, American version. I thought it was pretty good.[spoiler]

Posted by avert_your_eyes on 09-12-2011 02:31 PM:

Could anybody recommend a Movie equally in style to:

The 9th Gate, Skeleton Key, The Others, the orphanage, the Gift etc?

Some spooky, gloomy, dark mystery thriller-esque Movie, which doesn't need to feature a ghost!

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem first make sure you are not, in fact, surrounded by assholes"

William Gibson

Posted by DRZ on 09-12-2011 02:34 PM:

Pans labyrinth?

Posted by Coincidence on 09-12-2011 02:43 PM:

Isn't there a thread for movie requests?

You're in the wrnght place.

Posted by CRSR on 09-12-2011 03:14 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by avert_your_eyes
Could anybody recommend a Movie equally in style to:

The 9th Gate, Skeleton Key, The Others, the orphanage, the Gift etc?

Some spooky, gloomy, dark mystery thriller-esque Movie, which doesn't need to feature a ghost!

ignore the retards

Posted by Coincidence on 09-12-2011 05:41 PM:

Oh well. I suppose you have seen Don't Look Now? No plot, but lots of atmosphere. And possibly a ghost. That's what I like to think, anyway.

Anyone seen Ghost Writer? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1139328/

Posted by ignatz mouse on 09-12-2011 06:08 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by CRSR
also
should it not be {Defend the Block}

We were talking about that, too. It's a catchy title, but rather odd given the context.

Posted by ignatz mouse on 09-12-2011 06:09 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Coincidence
Oh well. I suppose you have seen Don't Look Now? No plot, but lots of atmosphere. And possibly a ghost. That's what I like to think, anyway.

Anyone seen Ghost Writer? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1139328/

I did. I enjoyed it. Very suspenseful.

Posted by avert_your_eyes on 09-12-2011 07:07 PM:

@ CRSR
2nd one is a little too much blood for my sensitive nerves. First one looks interesting, though.

@ DRZ, yeah..I watched..

..and kinda liked it. 7 / 10 !

@ Coin

I'll go with your one, even if rollerball was pretty shitty. Always wanted to see it, but I was afraid it's boring.

It's such a translation madness "Don't look know" is titled in Germany: "If the Gondolas carry Sorrow" ...

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem first make sure you are not, in fact, surrounded by assholes"

William Gibson

Posted by DRZ on 09-12-2011 07:14 PM:

quote:

..and kinda liked it. 7 / 10 !

It's good in a daft way.

Posted by Coincidence on 09-12-2011 09:10 PM:

quote:

@ Coin

I'll go with your one, even if rollerball was pretty shitty. Always wanted to see it, but I was afraid it's boring.

It's such a translation madness "Don't look know" is titled in Germany: "If the Gondolas carry Sorrow" ...

Ha. At least that carries some pretension. In Denmark it was called "Red Shock", which is stupid in many ways.
You may be disappointed, but it is a must see to understand some long-lived memes.

Posted by CRSR on 09-12-2011 10:24 PM:

quote:
@ CRSR
2nd one is a little too much blood for my sensitive nerves. First one looks interesting, though.

watchable here
http://youtu.be/MUqGTbczoII

Posted by bacidath on 09-13-2011 07:34 PM:

red state... hated it while watching... didnt really give a shit about some guys take on what goes on inside a nut church.... but... after giving it a bit to settle I was glad i had watched it, though i probably wont watch again.

Posted by bacidath on 09-13-2011 07:35 PM:

@avert... really like that poster for redstate

Posted by Brett on 09-14-2011 10:34 PM:

Horrible Bosses

saw it in the ghetto-ass $2 theater. Pretty funny. Saw a handicapped fatty get a parking ticket for double-parking in 2 handicap spots.

Posted by CRSR on 09-17-2011 12:58 PM:

besides my week of movies Ive never seen;
Titanic - too long, but I get it. the last act is intense
Good will hunting - um yup. it won best screenplay, it's pretty fucking good
Da vinci code and angels&demons - Dumb
a.I - i didn't understand the 3rd act

newer stuff;
Hesher -the trailer is better than the movie. love the cast. love concept. but there is no purposeful plot. don't take my word for this one, might end up a cult favorite all the love fans are given it

Bunraku- if you make a movie purposely cliche i'll allow for bad dialogue. purposely in cardboard world i'll allow for bad sets. but this whole thing was "a world without guns" so the fight scenes should be a big portion of your budget...yawn. skip it, what cast waste. it sat in post-hell a year for a reason

Posted by Brett on 09-17-2011 02:08 PM:

AI was 2 hours of alternate endings. You could've shut off the movie every 25 minutes or so and had an ending to the story.

Love and Other Drugs

Jake Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway fuck for 1/3 of the film. The rest of it's pretty good too.

Posted by bacidath on 09-17-2011 02:52 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by CRSR

newer stuff;
Hesher -the trailer is better than the movie. love the cast. love concept. but there is no purposeful plot. don't take my word for this one, might end up a cult favorite all the love fans are given it

trailer was infinitely better....

Posted by CRSR on 09-17-2011 03:24 PM:

quote:

Love and Other Drugs

Jake Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway fuck for 1/3 of the film. The rest of it's pretty good too.

simple . i liked it.

who's on the crowe train? choo-choo
best looking actors,bunch of cute kids and hugging animal friends?

6 years and we get..

Posted by Large Filipino on 09-17-2011 03:31 PM:

Looks pretty good.

I want a Trump sex doll.
I would throw it in a Orangutan enclosure
And watch the orgy.

Posted by CRSR on 09-17-2011 03:54 PM:

its crowe, eat it

Posted by ignatz mouse on 09-18-2011 02:26 AM:

It looks like schmaltzy drek.

Posted by SatansLeftHand on 09-20-2011 06:35 AM:

WOLVERINES!

(sic)

Posted by Tefl on 09-20-2011 10:37 AM:

I finally got around to watching the directors cut of Donnie Darko. I was disappointed. The theatrical release was much better and didn't lead you by the fucking hand like the DC version did. Tomorrow I plan to watch S. Darko. I've heard it's shit but what the hell, why not.

Yesterday I watched what is without a doubt one of the cheeziest balls of shit ever. 2012 Doomsday. Just bad christian bullshit for an hour and a half. When I saw the cover of the DVD at the local library I knew it was going to be terrible but I figured what the hell, I need a laugh. It's so rotten you can't even laugh at it. You will just sit in stunned silence at just how goddamned awful it is. The science was like something from the dark ages, the acting was a kindergarten school play, the special effects were special-ed, and even the religious bullshit, was made up bullshit. They didn't even get that right. Just, wow. This film should only be watched in film schools as a prime example of how not to make a film.