Asylum Forums
Show all 13 posts from this thread on one page

Asylum Forums (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/index.php)
- Pissups (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=20)
-- Vegas pissup 2019 (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/showthread.php?threadid=60059)

Posted by Oracular_Jinx on 08-12-2018 12:40 AM:

Vegas pissup 2019

I think we should do this. I am on a bad decision roll and vegas seems like the right place to keep that going.

A cubicle is just a padded cell with no door.

Posted by J E B Stuart on 08-16-2018 06:46 PM:

Iíve been there. A lot.

Amen.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should notÔŅĹthe real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Posted by Oracular_Jinx on 08-16-2018 09:39 PM:

Well do you have an alternative option?

Posted by J E B Stuart on 08-16-2018 10:25 PM:

I wasnít speaking against it, Jinxy. I LOVE Vegas. Thatís why I go there so often.

Amen.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should notÔŅĹthe real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Posted by Oracular_Jinx on 08-17-2018 04:57 PM:

Ok so let's do it. Ideally some time after April when my leave is replenished.

Posted by J E B Stuart on 08-17-2018 05:57 PM:

I expect Iíll be going out there again in April. Iím going in a coupla weeks. September, too. Iím sure Iíll be out there some other months before April, but I try to stay fluid.

Jinxy? Have you ever been there?

Amen.

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 08-31-2018 05:35 AM:

Jinxy! He's talking to you!!

Report this post to a moderator!!!

Posted by skalie on 08-31-2018 09:09 PM:

I'll buy the beers if anyone wants to turn up in Amsterdam, supermarket beer on the side of a canal, but the offer's open.

Posted by J E B Stuart on 09-03-2018 06:52 PM:

Iíd like that, skalie, but what Iíd really enjoy is doing some pickiní with ya.

Amen.

Posted by skalie on 09-04-2018 05:47 PM:

Got like 8 Telecasters, if that peaks your interest.

Posted by skalie on 09-04-2018 05:48 PM:

.. a few Duesenbergs and a few Les Pauls, and an SG.

You'll have to bring your own Strat.

Posted by J E B Stuart on 09-04-2018 06:22 PM:

Iíve got a fat Strat, but I havenít picked it up in over ten years. I also sold my Les Paul. What Iíve been playing is an acoustic Austin dreadnought. Iíve recently taken to running it through a Peavey Vyper 15w with a Dean Markley sound hole pickup. Surprisingly big sound, especially for such a wee amp.

Frankly, Iím not picky. If the action is good and it sounds good, Iím happy. Itís ultimately all about the sound. But, I know you know that.

Amen.

Posted by J E B Stuart on 09-05-2018 02:59 AM:

Ha! Iíve owned the Austin acoustic for over 15 years and it was used when I bought it. Anyway, I just looked in the sound hole. It was made in Korea. I had no idea. But, it plays great and sounds good.

Amen.