Asylum Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 38 posts from this thread on one page

Asylum Forums (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/index.php)
- The Lost Forum (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=3)
-- I Can Drive! (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/showthread.php?threadid=26509)

Posted by morgasm on 10-16-2002 04:21 AM:

I Can Drive!

Yes. It's true. I took my driving test tonight. I passed- Only two points off. One for not looking right before turning right...(*shrug*) and the other for hesitating a bit to long in an 4 way stop intersection.

But, I'm happy. I can drive to work this Saturday

And I'll be aiming for a small silver VW bug owned by a certain mordecai.

morgasm
'pox take thy ballocks, thou reechy varlet/Thy dad a cuckold and thy mother a harlot/And squeeze the cheese from thy filthy nog.' - Anthony Burgess

Posted by MstrG on 10-16-2002 04:25 AM:

Re: I Can Drive!

quote:
Originally posted by morgasm
One for not looking right before turning right...(*shrug*)

Pedestrians.

Posted by bunkum on 10-16-2002 04:27 AM:

Yeah, that's how my old roommate got hit when she was riding a bike.

"Good God! What kind of hallucinogen leaves you high enough to be blissfully unaware of a genital amputation but lucid enough to grease up a pan and cook up a wiener? "

--pervscan.com

Posted by Caffeine on 10-16-2002 04:53 AM:

Angry

I hate waygetters.
Err, people who get in my way.

Posted by Kayla on 10-16-2002 04:55 AM:

i hate people who have their licence when i don't.
fuckers.

Posted by Trina on 10-16-2002 05:06 AM:

I didn't get my license until I turned 30. Congrats to you!!!

Posted by wonderaz on 10-16-2002 06:19 AM:

Ahhhyum... I have always found that looking in the direction I was driving in to have served me in good stead over the years.

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 10-16-2002 06:25 AM:

I drive too.

You all crazy!

Posted by Bibrau on 10-16-2002 06:34 AM:

Hey congrats and be careful.

"We should be able to refuse to live if the price of living be the torture of sentient beings." -Mahatma Gandhi

Posted by SocialParasite on 10-16-2002 07:19 AM:

Congrabulations, morgy!!

ALWAYS look both ways. And watch out for morons that like to do U-turns at intersections. And if you get pulled over remember this: you don't get a ticket if your first two blouse buttons are undone.

Posted by The Wraith on 10-16-2002 07:29 AM:

Driving is ok. I remember the thrill I had when I was 16 and drove away from the folk's house to school the first time. Hard to describe. While driving is ok, please remember that parking is better. You need to log lots of back seat time.

Regards,
The Wraith

Posted by The Wraith on 10-16-2002 07:31 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Trina
I didn't get my license until I turned 30. Congrats to you!!!

That's only because the trailer park was blocked by all the landsliding mud and you couldn't escape the unpaven roads on foot for years to make it to the driver's license station. It's also because you're a milker of men.

Posted by Mordecai on 10-17-2002 03:05 AM:

Congrats kiddo, but I almost never drive the bug anymore, it generally sits in the garage collecting dust.

-m

-m

Posted by SatansLeftHand on 10-17-2002 03:10 AM:

Re: I Can Drive!

quote:
Originally posted by morgasm
But, I'm happy.
don't worry, it'll wear off.

(sic)

Posted by Sabine on 10-17-2002 03:17 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Mordecai
Congrats kiddo, but I almost never drive the bug anymore, it generally sits in the garage collecting dust.

-m

I recall you driving it not too long ago.
I recall you not driving it too.

oh and congrats morgan.. it only gets better from here.

Posted by Fiend on 10-17-2002 03:32 AM:

I almost got hit today actually luckily there wasn't anyone in the left lane and they stopped, idiot almost broadsided me. Some old folk should have their license taken away at 65. Especially when they can barely peer over the steering wheel.

Have fun with your newfound freedom morgan, but be careful. At least in this state they can take away your license for traffic infractions during the first year.
I learned how to drive on an old 78' Saab 99 that I bought, old clutches are fun.

"We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it." -Douglas Adams

Posted by Krogoth on 10-21-2002 02:01 AM:

I have my permit...8 monthes until the license.

Posted by gumbo limbo on 10-21-2002 03:16 AM:

Angry

Right.

Visit this Queen Adreena site:
Corrosive Abusive

Posted by J E B Stuart on 03-22-2019 08:03 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Krogoth
I have my permit...8 monthes until the license.

HAHAHAAA!!! Livin’ the dream sure went by fast, eh?

Happy birthday. 😎

Amen.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should not�the real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 03-24-2019 01:45 PM:

My uncle Jeb told me that the most exciting day of his life was when he got his driver's license. The only problem was that he had to wait another 10 years before the car was invented.

Report this post to a moderator!!!

Posted by J E B Stuart on 04-01-2019 02:31 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by GoFuckYourselves!
That jackass wonderaz told me that the most exciting day of his life was when he got his driver's license. The only problem was that he had to wait another 10 years before the car was invented.

FTFY. Again.

Amen.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should not�the real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 04-01-2019 09:19 AM:

The truth is that the day I got my driver's license truly was one of the great days of my life. I'll never forget it. I still love driving very much.

Posted by J E B Stuart on 04-14-2019 10:46 PM:

I really enjoy no-itinerary road trips.

Amen.

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 04-15-2019 01:02 AM:

Yes, it's a lot of fun and gives one a great sense of freedom.

Posted by J E B Stuart on 04-15-2019 01:42 AM:

Yep. Clear the calendar for a coupla weeks, pack a bag, hop behind the wheel, pick a direction and go.

Amen.