Asylum Forums Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »
Show all 63 posts from this thread on one page

Asylum Forums (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/index.php)
- The Lost Forum (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=3)
-- Chopping your penis up is good for you. (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/showthread.php?threadid=58594)

Posted by jazebelle on 04-17-2013 04:32 PM:

Well not all of them. I think there's a certain age they reach where they opt to have this procedure done. I've never really wondered about it, honestly.

Probably because I'm *NOT* Muslim (before DRZ starts another Muslim joke), so I've been rather ignorant about the customs. Would make for some good 'bored-at-work' reading material now come to think about it.

That brown girl

Posted by Sookee on 04-17-2013 04:33 PM:

That's what I was thinking. I'm 'bout to google that now. Thanks,Jaz.

Posted by jazebelle on 04-17-2013 04:36 PM:

From a wiki article.

[Pada umumnya, masyarakat mengkhitankan anaknya pada usia antara 8-12 tahun. Namun, banyak dokter yang setuju bahwa khitan dilakukan terbaik pada pertengahan umur 15 tahun. Hal ini dimaksudkan untuk memberikan waktu kepada jaringan penis yang masih lunak dan berbahaya jika rusak untuk menyatu dan menguat. Mengkhitan pada usia dibawah yang dianjurkan memang boleh dilaksanakan, namun, hasil akhir yang didapat bisa sama sekali berbeda, bahkan mendapatkan hasil yang tidak diinginkan walaupun dokter telah berupaya sebaik mungkin. Berkhitan di usia muda biasanya dipengaruhi oleh lingkungan yang membuat anak merasa malu jika belum melakukan khitan, sehingga ingin segera melakukannya. Hal inilah yang harus ditekan dalam keputusan untuk melakukan sirkumsisi. Karena pada dasarnya, sirkumsisi karena pengaruh lingkungan dan sirkumsisi karena telah mencapai usia yang disarankan, menghasilkan hasil yang sama sekali berbeda.]

Best done to boys at the age of 8-12, most effective at 15. Apparently what that article says is that it's less effective at a younger age? Depending on growth and attachment to other parts of the skin in that area? Doesn't really make much sense to me.

Cringe indeed. :/

That brown girl

Posted by DRZ on 04-17-2013 07:19 PM:

Sand People are a different kettle of fish, with the lack of water and washing facilities, it probably is more hygienic.

Posted by Sookee on 04-17-2013 07:38 PM:

Looks like pot cheese. :/

Posted by Dacarlo on 04-17-2013 10:40 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Mordecai
Even though I support not mangling penises, bringing your silly god into this is as ridiculous as the manglers bringing in theirs.

-m

Listen 'shorty', since when was nature a god?

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Moderator

Posted by rust on 04-18-2013 02:20 AM:

She's cut

Posted by Coincidence on 04-18-2013 09:39 AM:

Karen must be very happy now.

You're in the wrnght place.

Posted by Mister Freign on 04-18-2013 10:08 PM:

I think it was more a disinclination to impute an intentional volition to 'nature's design' - some monists take a very dim view even of describing the body as a 'machine' as that attributes a conscious agency to an abstract / fictive entity named "Nature". Some take it too far and swing toward enshrining monism in some other than speculative science, as if it is established as fact that "the cosmos" is not representative or part of a conscious entity, but I think that's understandable. In any case, it doesn't actually matter whether or not the cosmos is aware in any grand way - we can be certain that the universe is self-aware on our level, and that of other animals, by direct observation. Nifty, right?

but I don't want to speak for the man or anything

Posted by Mordecai on 04-19-2013 02:10 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Mister Freign
I think it was more a disinclination to impute an intentional volition to 'nature's design' - some monists take a very dim view even of describing the body as a 'machine' as that attributes a conscious agency to an abstract / fictive entity named "Nature". Some take it too far and swing toward enshrining monism in some other than speculative science, as if it is established as fact that "the cosmos" is not representative or part of a conscious entity, but I think that's understandable. In any case, it doesn't actually matter whether or not the cosmos is aware in any grand way - we can be certain that the universe is self-aware on our level, and that of other animals, by direct observation. Nifty, right?

but I don't want to speak for the man or anything

You pretty well nailed it, though I tend to shorten it to, "Nature doesn't know shit, much less best," but I am hardly as eloquent as yourself.

Ever since I read Dawkin's "Blind Watchmaker" the bit where he tears into the obvious flaws of the eyeball from a design standpoint tends to pop into my head when I hear that particular phrase.

I'm sure it wasn't really meant that way, just a tic on my part to point out that if nature knows anything it is, "Good enough at this particular moment."

I do think this is worth pointing out though because there is a lot of nonsense peddled under the banner of being 'natural' and therefore 'best' even when it is actually neither.

-m

-m

Posted by mudded on 04-19-2013 05:47 AM:

advocating penis mangling for reasons of hygiene is equivalent to advocating the preemptive removal of all teeth as a means to prevent bad breath.

In other news. I find it hilarious that US medical studies on the subject tend to favour the cultural norm (mangling) while european medical studies overwhelmingly come to the opposite conclusion (in support of the prevailing cultural norm over here).

Posted by rust on 04-19-2013 01:56 PM:

That's because they have such small penises over there. They need all the help they can get.

Posted by Coincidence on 04-19-2013 02:49 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Mordecai

I do think this is worth pointing out though because there is a lot of nonsense peddled under the banner of being 'natural' and therefore 'best' even when it is actually neither.

-m

Yeah, those loonie religions really nailed that sentiment. Fuck immaculate creation, we have some slaves to condition. Get in line and cut your kid's penis up for God!

I think we can all agree that the male genitals were designed by a committee, who were into sex and not convenience.

Posted by Krunk Fu on 04-19-2013 02:58 PM:

It makes me happy to see so many anti circ individuals in one place, just saying. This thread makes me happy.

RIC is disgusting. Correction thought, it is no longer the "norm" in the US with less than half of baby boys being circed in 2012. That number is dropping every year. Most insurance companies will not cover it, and it is somewhat difficult to find a pedi that will do it, at least in my area.

Posted by magnolia on 04-19-2013 03:05 PM:

everyone mark your calendars.

coinkydink and olaf on the same page.

maybe the mayans were only off by a little bit.

~if you plan on stirring shit, be prepared to lick the spoon~

Posted by Krunk Fu on 04-19-2013 03:08 PM:

oh I think weve agreed on this topic for months, lol.

Posted by Rokkr on 04-19-2013 03:11 PM:

No cutting has been allowed in my family. Instead we stressed cleanliness.
Filthy people should always make sure their progeny are protected as much as possible against disease and such.

Admin Qualified

Posted by gene genie on 04-19-2013 03:53 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by DRZ
Sand People are a different kettle of fish, with the lack of water and washing facilities, it probably is more hygienic.

That's not smegma.

Well, kinda. What I mean is that while it fits the medical definition:

"the secretion of a *sebaceous gland; specifically : the cheesy sebaceous matter that collects between the glans penis and the foreskin or around the clitoris and labia minora"

* sebaceous = biology: producing an oily substance in the body (we got zillions of 'em, kids, everywhere things ooze)

... but as an uncut (I prefer the term "perfect") male, that's not like any smegma I've ever seen. There's weird sloughing of tissue and other shit going on there that would make a crack ho launch lunch. I also suspect some kind of yeast thing going on, possibly even a plastering of stale ricotta or the stuff they put in truck stop lasagna.

I also suspect that the picture was propaganda chosen by a cut male longing for the fleshy "flag of freedom" eternally denied him by cruel, unfeeling parents who were duped by the medical establishment into believing that mutilating little Johnny's Johnson would lead him to eventually follow a good, clean life, saved from sin by an evil act that's the equivalent of replacing his eardrums with leather tabs to keep out the "Devil's music."

Females are actually more prone to smegma than males, and even circumcised men get smeggy, for the same reason: our genitals are self-cleaning organs. Hell, girls start flushing all sorts of shit outta there every month at puberty and it's considered a rite of passage (mental note: new line of Hallmark cards based on "stuck pig" theme) and you don't see them running for a bottle brush and Ajax cleanser every time a stray sebaceous effluvium appears, do ya?

Dem epithelial cells gotta go somewhere, baby (to quote Gandhi). Lepers and Untouchables in India claimed that Mother Theresa's smegma tasted like roses (mixed with a little blue cheese).

Listen, if it was up to the loony who came up with the idea of mutilating babies for fun and profit, GIRLS would be "circumcised" (as in; all dangly bits surgically removed, leaving only the shrubbery around the cave entrance), following "therapy" with ACID on their little clits!

A little history lesson, kids. Now settle down. Tommy, put that down. Bobby, it'll never heal if you keep picking at it.

In America and Europe prior to World War 1, circumcision was virtually unknown except in certain religious groups (cough-jews-ahem), until the US Army's Office of Stupid Fucking Ideas (USAOSFI) in an effort to stop horny, doomed American farm boys from catching annoying STDs from British trollops and Frog sluts before they could be sent to the front lines to be killed by poison gas, bullets and bombs, approached *Dr. John Harvey Kellogg -

Who opined thusly (note that circumcision was his "treatment" for masturbation, not venereal disease - until the Army asked, then he changed it to fit the circumstances):

“ ... A remedy which is almost always successful in small boys is circumcision, especially when there is any degree of phimosis. The operation should be performed by a surgeon without administering an anesthetic, as the brief pain attending the operation will have a salutary effect upon the mind, especially if it be connected with the idea of punishment, as it may well be in some cases. The soreness which continues for several weeks interrupts the practice, and if it had not previously become too firmly fixed, it may be forgotten and not resumed. ”

“ a method of treatment [to prevent masturbation] ... and we have employed it with entire satisfaction. It consists in the application of one or more silver sutures in such a way as to prevent erection. The prepuce, or foreskin, is drawn forward over the glans, and the needle to which the wire is attached is passed through from one side to the other. After drawing the wire through, the ends are twisted together, and cut off close. It is now impossible for an erection to occur, and the slight irritation thus produced acts as a most powerful means of overcoming the disposition to resort to the practice ”

“ In females, the author has found the application of pure carbolic acid (phenol) to the clitoris an excellent means of allaying the abnormal excitement. ”

He also recommended, to prevent children from this "solitary vice", bandaging or tying their hands, covering their genitals with patented cages and electrical shock.

In his Ladies' Guide in Health and Disease, for nymphomania, he recommended
“ Cool sitz baths; the cool enema; a spare diet; the application of blisters and other irritants to the sensitive parts of the sexual organs, the removal of the clitoris and nymphae... ”

Of course, only one of his bizarre ideas stuck around (except for certain parts of sub-Saharan Africa, where girls are properly "freshened up" by removal of any parts considered "offensive" i.e.; "unfuckable") and we don't routinely dab battery acid on little girl's volvos or implant silver wires into little boy's pee-pees to stop them from diddling themselves crazy anymore...

But let's all run out and whack off baby's foreskins... sure, makes sense to me!

*(he of crackpot theories and actual inventor of corn flakes, not to be confused with his brother William Keith Kellogg, who stole the idea and founded the well-known but very litigious cereal company - about whom I'll say nothing bad whatsoever , and whom was never ever ever spoken to by his brother again the rest of their lives so there that'll show the weasel fucker by dying richer than Jehovah but not subject to JHK's ranting and frowning and whacking off body parts that displeased him)

Posted by Krunk Fu on 04-19-2013 04:03 PM:

Oh god not Kellogg!

Posted by karen on 04-19-2013 04:46 PM:

Posted by gene genie on 04-19-2013 04:49 PM:

It's nice to see someone challenging the limits of their intelligence and vocabulary. Good for you, Corky!

Meanwhile, here's an interesting article about circumnavigation. [EDIT- damn auto-correct, I meant "circumcision."]

I highly recommend the excellent Alan Parker comedy about Dr. Kellogg (as portrayed by Anthony F. Hopkins), "The Road To Wellville."

Posted by gene genie on 04-19-2013 07:44 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by karen

Sorry, my previous comment was directed at numnutz (I don't want to have to open a new window or backtrack to see who it was), and I didn't notice this until now.

Since I'm on the subject, though, what the fuck does it mean? Are you suggesting smegma as a butter substitute? (Gotta be better than margarine). Colbert is uncircumcised? Does he keep popcorn "down there?" Was it just the first thing that popped up when you googled "smegma?"

Posted by Coincidence on 04-19-2013 08:08 PM:

You're just a pawn in her sinister scheme.

Posted by Dacarlo on 04-19-2013 08:39 PM:

The Road To Wellville is an outstanding movie. Colm Meaney still makes me think of this film whenever I see him on ST.

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Moderator

Posted by karen on 04-19-2013 08:59 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by gene genie
Sorry, my previous comment was directed at numnutz (I don't want to have to open a new window or backtrack to see who it was), and I didn't notice this until now.

Since I'm on the subject, though, what the fuck does it mean? Are you suggesting smegma as a butter substitute? (Gotta be better than margarine). Colbert is uncircumcised? Does he keep popcorn "down there?" Was it just the first thing that popped up when you googled "smegma?"

Thanks, man. Being called Corky would've ruined my whole day.

As far as the graphic, you should reach allllllllll the way to the bottom of that popcorn box, and see what kind of surprise he has there.