Asylum Forums Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »
Show all 156 posts from this thread on one page

Asylum Forums (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/index.php)
- The Lost Forum (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=3)
-- Things We Remember Here (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/showthread.php?threadid=59661)

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 03-31-2017 02:23 AM:

Things We Remember Here

I'll start... just picking at random:

The whole "to-do" about auto-play.

Report this post to a moderator!!!

Posted by Trenchant_Troll on 03-31-2017 09:28 AM:

That wasn't a "to do" it was a "not to do" and some of you are more retarded that others. Hardly a high point in forum history.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 03-31-2017 09:31 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Trenchant_Troll
.... Hardly a high point in forum history.

You mean there were HIGH points in this place?? Achta Loiden!

Posted by Large Filipino on 04-01-2017 07:42 PM:

I remember FeFe. She was so special.

I want a Trump sex doll.
I would throw it in a Orangutan enclosure
And watch the orgy.

Posted by SimpleSimon on 04-01-2017 10:14 PM:

You want high points? Try looking at the posting history of Oxsan, a wise and wonderful man. Try looking at the whole incident with LF's heart surgery, and the way in which a large part of the membership contributed to help him deal with the financial strain that caused. Sometimes I think, rather cynically, that it was waste, but I know that it wasn't. This place has been an important factor in the lives of many people, regardless of how some few now denigrate that. Hell, if nothing else, we were the agency that brought together Puffy (Pinecrika/Muffy), who I think would say both of their lives were greatly enriched.

Posted by rust on 04-02-2017 12:08 AM:

When I first joined, I didn't know to put a space between commas. Got called out and tried to play it off like I was trolling. lol. Still don't know how to spell, thank god no one has called me out on that yet. Also, I flirted with pine's? old lady and neither him nor her got mad.

Posted by SimpleSimon on 04-02-2017 12:49 AM:

Hell, rust, Muffy has been the object of internet flirting for the last near 20 years. I bet I spent about a thousand hours in chat with her, and I like to think it was my suggestion to her to check out 'crika that sparked that romance. I'm probably wrong, but I did make the suggestion.

Posted by rust on 04-02-2017 12:54 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by SimpleSimon
Hell, rust, Muffy has been the object of internet flirting for the last near 20 years. I bet I spent about a thousand hours in chat with her, and I like to think it was my suggestion to her to check out 'crika that sparked that romance. I'm probably wrong, but I did make the suggestion.

Good on you man. From what I can remember, those 2 seemed like a fit.

Posted by Coincidence on 04-02-2017 11:17 AM:

I missed all but one dumbfuck competition. I'm pretty sure I could have won it at some time.

You're in the wrnght place.

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 04-03-2017 11:50 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Coincidence
I missed all but one dumbfuck competition. I'm pretty sure I could have won it at some time.

Not if I were here you wouldn't.

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 04-03-2017 11:51 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Large Filipino
I remember FeFe. She was so special.

Be still my heart!

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 04-03-2017 11:53 PM:

I remember AlcoholSoopaFiend becoming simply "Fiend" and, at times, writing incomprehensible posts due to his inebriation.

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 04-04-2017 10:35 AM:

My uncle Jeb used "l33t" in a recent post. I haven't seen that for years. That was used a lot here. I guess it had its time and now is out of favor. But here's another thing I remember that I haven't seen in years: All Your Base Are Belong To Us -- which, I believe, became a meme. (I think I originally came across that at Stile, but I'm not sure. It might have been here.)

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 04-05-2017 08:22 AM:

When RodneyKing666 was apparently thinking about taking his own life and people were trying to talk him out of it. I hope he found solace -- and maybe even here.

Posted by Coincidence on 04-05-2017 12:07 PM:

I remember Atom, he was a frontrunner for American misogynism. A true visionary and he must be euphoric these days.

http://asylumnation.com/asylum/show...&threadid=54490

You're in the wrnght place.

Posted by SimpleSimon on 04-06-2017 04:22 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by GoFuckYourselves!
When RodneyKing666 was apparently thinking about taking his own life and people were trying to talk him out of it. I hope he found solace -- and maybe even here.
He joined the Air Force, and has gone career there. He is now a senior NCO in the heavy transport maintenance facility in Little Rock, AR.

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 04-06-2017 04:39 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by SimpleSimon
He joined the Air Force, and has gone career there. He is now a senior NCO in the heavy transport maintenance facility in Little Rock, AR.

Nice! Good to hear.

Posted by GoFuckYourselves! on 04-08-2017 03:50 AM:

billgerat's stepdaughter dying at the age of 25. Very sad.

Posted by Tefl on 04-13-2017 05:03 AM:

I really miss the late night chat sessions. It was also fun when we would have trivia night and take turns shoutcasting music.

Posted by J E B Stuart on 04-13-2017 05:23 AM:

Thumbs up

Hey, Tefl!

Amen.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should not�the real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Posted by Tefl on 04-14-2017 10:37 AM:

Good to see ya, JEB.

Posted by Trenchant_Troll on 04-14-2017 11:12 PM:

There was a time when this place was truly unique and had an eclectic crowd. I saw the place starting to decline before I fell ill. I think the amount of "shock value" posts increased in disproportion to the audience for such stuff. It made it impossible for some mods, who must view forums they mod. It took a place that was edgy and just made it cheap in my opinion.

Who one socialized with is a good indication of the sort of person one is. I think this place became toxic with drama, personal vendettas, and a whole lot of lying. The Asylum attempted suicide, but just ended up brain dead and on life support. Those who still visit now and then are here to reminisce and pay our respects. Those who still frequent here are those who have nowhere left to go. They are like "Encinitas Men" frozen in time until a Pauly Shore-esque character comes to free you and introduce you to equally obnoxious young people engaging in mindless antics. But I digress.

The net/net is what you use if you want to catch the most fish/fish. And there you have it.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Posted by skalie on 04-14-2017 11:38 PM:

Reddit owned us.

Posted by J E B Stuart on 04-15-2017 03:36 AM:

I remember Joeycat.

Amen.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should not�the real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Posted by Some Girl on 04-15-2017 06:18 AM:

Anyone remember me?