Asylum Forums Pages (10): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »
Show all 237 posts from this thread on one page

Asylum Forums (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/index.php)
- The Lost Forum (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=3)
-- Why do Americans take it? (http://asylumnation.com/asylum/showthread.php?threadid=34751)

Posted by Coincidence on 04-15-2004 12:00 PM:

Why do Americans take it?

It's pretty obvious from over here, that God's Own Country is going down. Morally, spiritually, economically, physically.

I know you can't generalize americans, but where on Earth are all the smart ones? In heaven?

After Bush (or another politician) lies to you, and changes the world accordingly, you just take it - you discuss whether the lies will work, and did he seem confident etc.
It seems so powerless. And it sure is. Problem is, you're dragging parts of the world down with you.

American: "why do they hate us so much?!"
Sentient being: "The question answers itself, moron."

So where is the rebellion? Can I have some answers please?

(And you can take advantage of my bunny status if you like)

You're in the wrnght place.

Posted by Smug Git on 04-15-2004 12:05 PM:

No Coincidence that this happens when sp00ky is allegedly away.

I want to live and I want to love
I want to catch something that I might be ashamed of

Posted by Smug Git on 04-15-2004 12:13 PM:

On a more serious note, I think that presidents get elected more on domestic concerns than foreign policy ones, and yet they have more power over foreign policy than domestic policy. Thus what we see of Bush (fucking moron, animotronic cabbage, making the Americans international laughing stock) is different to what many Americans see of him (taxcuts, consistency of policy). They really are electing a different president to the one that is presented to those of us who are outside the US, I think. 'Strong leadership' seems to be the most important foreign policy ideal for the American voters, and yet that is almost trivial; a keen understanding of the labrynthine issues of international politics would be a better test, but it doesn't seem to rate so highly, at least given the evidence of Bush's election and probably re-election.

The thing that bothers me more is how seldom there are two decent candidates to choose from in the US presidential elections. In the last election, in fact, both were lame, in my opinion; Bush Sr was unlucky, I think, to end up campaigning against a good opponent, because mostly there is only one or none. I don't know what it is about the party machinery that makes it so hard for them to produce a decent candidate. With that in mind, that is, the paucity of decent candidates, I don't like term limits; if Bush is the best candidate come 2008 (perish that thought), then he should be allowed to run again, I'd say.

EDIT: Labrynthine has two 'n's.

Posted by tack on 04-15-2004 12:15 PM:

why have you forsaken us?

Posted by Lu on 04-15-2004 12:17 PM:

did I, coincidently, miss some tits?

Dance with the Devil, the Devil don't change, the Devil changes you. Kill me

Posted by Coincidence on 04-15-2004 12:25 PM:

I am not only talking politics. You are being lied to from all sides (media, corporations, courts, everyone), and you just throw a joke and eat something.

My tits can be found in every living thing.

Posted by Lu on 04-15-2004 12:26 PM:

not in me

actually, I'd prefer to have them on me, rubbing all over my lubed up body, not in me. that might be a tight squeeze.

Dance with the Devil, the Devil don't change, the Devil changes you. Kill me

Posted by wonderaz on 04-15-2004 12:39 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Smug Git
*snip*.....................................I'd say.

That would about cover it, eh?
Not bad for a Limey.

Plus everyone always hates the guy on top.

Posted by Large Filipino on 04-15-2004 12:42 PM:

Your absolutely right,coincidence.But people don;t rebell for they don't want to labeled as a fanatic.
Turns out most people just want to be left alone....in their homes.....on their forums....

I want a Trump sex doll.
I would throw it in a Orangutan enclosure
And watch the orgy.

Posted by Coincidence on 04-15-2004 12:45 PM:

They fit in you just fine, Lu, my tits do.
Do you have an opinion on the topic, oblivious Texan girlie?

Posted by wonderaz on 04-15-2004 12:49 PM:

Ask a question that a vapid answer will suffice and she can do it.

Posted by wonderaz on 04-15-2004 12:50 PM:

Interesting topic and I wish I had the time but I must go fly.

Posted by mudded on 04-15-2004 12:52 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Coincidence
snip

fucking eurotrash

Posted by Coincidence on 04-15-2004 01:03 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by mudded
fucking eurotrash

You are right - I did not mention your latent aggression and bigotry.
It seems to be a kind of islamic honor system.

Posted by tack on 04-15-2004 01:26 PM:

plum v2.0?

Posted by Paint CHiPs on 04-15-2004 01:27 PM:

mudded is from Denmark.

Posted by Coincidence on 04-15-2004 01:30 PM:

Well, Denmark is slowly turning into America, which should explain my concern. Fundamentalists on all sides.

That plum thing?

Posted by tack on 04-15-2004 01:30 PM:

paintchips, quentin tarantino was on american idol last night, i tried to tell you, but you weren't on. he was funny.

Posted by euphorbia on 04-15-2004 01:43 PM:

Great! Another one! Just like all the other ones. And no one has called this fucking baboon an idiot yet? Yeah! where are all the smart americans? [coming down to your level]I guess the same place all the smart europeans and easterners are...only most of us are less hateful and at least make an effort not to be huge fucking shameless bigots or grossly pompous it would seem.[/coming down to your level] I think you would probably get along well with a group of Americans we call the Klu Klux Klan, you seem to use the same type of logic and reasoning as them…perhaps they are your peers among us lesser americans eh?

Go slap your mother for raising an idiot.

taste the fucking rainbow & dont touch my junk.

Posted by Spaceboy on 04-15-2004 01:49 PM:

Thank you for your in depth presentation on my flawed nation. I now see my country in a totally different light, and will take to the streets. I look forward to more enlightenment.

"You are pompous, like an olive" --melon

Posted by Paint CHiPs on 04-15-2004 01:49 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by tack
paintchips, quentin tarantino was on american idol last night, i tried to tell you, but you weren't on. he was funny.

I saw, believe it or not.

Posted by Smug Git on 04-15-2004 02:00 PM:

It is also worth pointing out that a lot of Americans are angry in connection with the issues that you raise, Coincidence. If Kerry were a stronger candidate, Bush could be in real trouble even with an economic revival (he could still lose as it is, I guess, although re-election is favourite). If their choice in the election is between the devil you know and the devil about whom what you know, you don't much like, then the former is well in the running even when he might have fallen some way short of many voters' ideals. On top of that, about half of eligible Americans don't vote anyway; you can interpret that as tacit endorsement of the way that things are or as lack of belief that the system actually works to produce what they want (or to produce what they least dislike).

Posted by Coincidence on 04-15-2004 02:01 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by euphorbia
most of us are less hateful and at least make an effort not to be huge fucking shameless bigots or grossly pompous it would seem.[/coming down to your level] I think you would probably get along well with a group of Americans we call the Klu Klux Klan, you seem to use the same type of logic and reasoning as them…perhaps they are your peers among us lesser americans eh?

Go slap your mother for raising an idiot.

Hehe. You are kidding, right? Or is this the depth of your argumentatory skills?

Posted by tack on 04-15-2004 02:01 PM:

Also, go back to china.

Posted by euphorbia on 04-15-2004 02:02 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Coincidence
Hehe. You are kidding, right? Or is this the depth of your argumentatory skills?

You think you deserve an argument? lol

taste the fucking rainbow & dont touch my junk.