The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > your heritage
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
morgana
THE Bitch

Post your heritage

first: what are you?

second: alot of people these days can't trace their family back past their grandparents. do you think this is a good thing or a bad thing?

good: people are starting to treat race as nonessential information.

bad: people are forgetting the original knowledge that their particular culture offers.

what do you think?

------------------

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-03-2001 12:54 AM
morgana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for morgana Click here to Send morgana a Private Message Visit morgana's homepage! Find more posts by morgana Add morgana to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Princess_Chelle
no thank you

im half french, a quarter spanish and a quarter german.

i can trace my family all over the place
i dont really care about the race thing too much...whatever the minorities want to call themselves is fine with me.
personally, i think its cool to admit to whatever you are..even if its polish

------------------------
Chelle had a big fat cock, it's skin was black as coal, and everywhere that CHelle went, you knew your ass'd be sore-

a poem by lunacy.

Old Post 08-03-2001 01:00 AM
Princess_Chelle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Princess_Chelle Click here to Send Princess_Chelle a Private Message Find more posts by Princess_Chelle Add Princess_Chelle to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roshigoth
The Cheesemeister

first: what are you? Human.

second: alot of people these days can't trace their family back past their grandparents. do you think this is a good thing or a bad thing? I think it's neither good nor bad, just a fact of life.

------------------------
You only live twice. -- Björk
Graphic Cheeseworks

[This message has been edited by Roshigoth (edited 08-02-2001).]

Old Post 08-03-2001 01:04 AM
Roshigoth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roshigoth Click here to Send Roshigoth a Private Message Find more posts by Roshigoth Add Roshigoth to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flocat
PINKO

first: I'm human. I'm a teacher. I'm male. What exactly are you asking? I know I'm being faecetious but you know what I mean. If you're asking my cultural heritage, I'm from a Mexican blood line.

second: it sucks not to know where you come from.

good: there's only one race and that is human. There are different cultures, however. We should appreciate them and learn from them.

bad: not knowing who you are or where you come from is rather sad.

------------------------
Whenever you see someone struggling to be free,look in their eyes and you'll see me.

Old Post 08-03-2001 01:06 AM
flocat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flocat Click here to Send flocat a Private Message Visit flocat's homepage! Find more posts by flocat Add flocat to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paint CHiPs
Smartest Man in the World

The only thing that bothers me is all the white kids who claim they are Cherokee because it's trendy.

------------------------
lego lady the dungeon is the best place in lego land!! YES LEGO MAN i agree!! but what is behind the wall over there!! NOTHING LEGO LADY PLEASE KEEP DRINKING THE DUNGEON WINE!!!

Old Post 08-03-2001 01:15 AM
Paint CHiPs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paint CHiPs Click here to Send Paint CHiPs a Private Message Visit Paint CHiPs's homepage! Find more posts by Paint CHiPs Add Paint CHiPs to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deadpool
Latin Lover

I come from a race of super sexy people. Our sole pupose in life is to pleasure women...or men.

------------------------

Fuck you I wont do what you tell me. -RATM

Old Post 08-03-2001 01:38 AM
Deadpool is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deadpool Click here to Send Deadpool a Private Message Find more posts by Deadpool Add Deadpool to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mordecai

ditto on dead pool

------------------------

Old Post 08-03-2001 01:44 AM
Mordecai is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mordecai Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Add Mordecai to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rodney
It's cold down here.

quote:
Originally posted by Paint CHiPs:
The only thing that bothers me is all the white kids who claim they are Cherokee because it's trendy.

Sadly enough i am cherokee, and several other kinds of indian. If you were to see my dad or great grandmother on my mother's side you'd know i wasn't just claiming that shit.

Even more sad is that i have both french and irish in me.

Though i really couldn't give two shits where i come from, it's not important to me and i'll decide my own history. I'm not my grandfather or my 5Xgreat grandfather, I am me.

I'm a total mutt, and wouldn't have it any other way.

------------------------
well, shit in my ear and call me popo
<fiend> damn mord, if i was straight

Old Post 08-03-2001 03:34 AM
rodney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rodney Click here to Send rodney a Private Message Find more posts by rodney Add rodney to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mordecai

Actually, rodney tries to foget his heritage because when he thinks about it too much he just gets riled up and then beats the fuck out of himself while screaming things like, "FUCK YOU FROG!" or "GODDAMN INJUNS!" with occasional "DAMN PALEFACE" thrown in for good measure.

-m

------------------------

Old Post 08-03-2001 03:40 AM
Mordecai is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mordecai Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Add Mordecai to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rodney
It's cold down here.

quote:
Originally posted by Mordecai:
Actually, rodney tries to foget his heritage because when he thinks about it too much he just gets riled up and then beats the fuck out of himself while screaming things like, "FUCK YOU FROG!" or "GODDAMN INJUNS!" with occasional "DAMN PALEFACE" thrown in for good measure.

-m

it's true.

------------------------

Old Post 08-03-2001 03:44 AM
rodney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rodney Click here to Send rodney a Private Message Find more posts by rodney Add rodney to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deadpool
Latin Lover

quote:

-m

Fucking chinks

------------------------

Fuck you I wont do what you tell me. -RATM

Old Post 08-03-2001 03:45 AM
Deadpool is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deadpool Click here to Send Deadpool a Private Message Find more posts by Deadpool Add Deadpool to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rodney
It's cold down here.

quote:
Originally posted by Deadpool:
Fucking chinks

I probably have some of that in me too. I wouldn't be surprised if some fuck way up the family line founds asian women attractive much as i do.

------------------------

Old Post 08-03-2001 03:46 AM
shyloh
ghost of internetz past

i'm irish.....what, you can't tell?!

i think people pay too much attention to culture and nationality. I think i'd talked about this in an old thread about patriotism. People are all just people.....no need to be extra proud of being from one country than any other.

------------------------

Old Post 08-03-2001 04:11 AM
shyloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shyloh Click here to Send shyloh a Private Message Find more posts by shyloh Add shyloh to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vyper
Psychodynamic

I'm black and japanese

Old Post 08-03-2001 04:14 AM
Vyper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vyper Click here to Send Vyper a Private Message Find more posts by Vyper Add Vyper to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yMQ
slow, takin it easy

Thumbs up

Im pale. Thats about it.

------------------------
Off camera, a duck paddled quietly along in a tiny canoe. Did his lack of feet bother him? Sure. But he'd get by. He'd have to.

Old Post 08-03-2001 04:15 AM
yMQ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yMQ Click here to Send yMQ a Private Message Find more posts by yMQ Add yMQ to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Datura
The Macdatty

I am Scottish (dads side)and English (mothers side).. with a wee bit of Irish (not much though). I have been mistaken a few times for being Portuguese though.. which I find to be odd.. people say that it is my expressions and facial features..hrmm..

It is a shame when people do not know a lot about their family background. I became interested through my old best friend Eileen who used to take me to the annual highland games etc. My little h.s bf was also from Scotland (came over 2 years before I met him). I don't know a lot about my mother's side.. but I totally have pride because those Limeys are all so delicious.
When I was in OAC sociology, we had to do a family tree assignment.. and detail each relationship.. I learned SO much doing that project... and I enjoyed every minute that I put into it..

The race issue is getting better with each generation.. but it is still a problem.. people are TOO sensitive with it.. and things seem to get hella exagerrated.. but overall things are def. better than they once were...

------------------------
"I'm in love with my women friends, but I just don't eat pussy."
- Tori Amos

Old Post 08-03-2001 04:36 AM
Datura is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Datura Click here to Send Datura a Private Message Find more posts by Datura Add Datura to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wonderaz
Sarky Bastard

My obstreperous potato picking family got their asses tossed out of the UK in the 1800's. If the shipping schedule had been different, I'd be an Aussie.

As it is, I am a full blooded Cherokee War Chief.

Old Post 08-03-2001 04:37 AM
wonderaz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wonderaz Click here to Send wonderaz a Private Message Visit wonderaz's homepage! Find more posts by wonderaz Add wonderaz to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paint CHiPs
Smartest Man in the World

quote:
Originally posted by * Datura *:
I am Scottish (dads side)and English (mothers side).. with a wee bit of Irish (not much though). I have been mistaken a few times for being Portuguese though.. which I find to be odd.. people say that it is my expressions and facial features..hrmm..

That's actually about my exact make-up, and people always tell me I look Norwiegen for some fucking reason.

------------------------
lego lady the dungeon is the best place in lego land!! YES LEGO MAN i agree!! but what is behind the wall over there!! NOTHING LEGO LADY PLEASE KEEP DRINKING THE DUNGEON WINE!!!

Old Post 08-03-2001 04:38 AM
Paint CHiPs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paint CHiPs Click here to Send Paint CHiPs a Private Message Visit Paint CHiPs's homepage! Find more posts by Paint CHiPs Add Paint CHiPs to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Firedrops
Fluffy Bunny

first: I am Irish, Scottish, French, German, Cherokee (and no I don't say this cuz its "trendy"), English, and Lichtenstein. There might be more but thats all we know about.

second: I personally can trace my heritage back to 1066 when we came over from France for the Battle of Hastings. But I know a lot of people that can't trace back anything, and in a way this is sad. I think family heritage is fascinating. But just b/c you know what your great great great grandfather did for a living this doesn't change your life nor does it make you better just b/c you found a famous person in your family tree.

I have mixed feelings about losing culture and ideas of heritage. I adore learning about other people's cultures, and I think they are very important. They have developed the way that they are b/c they work "best" for the group of people involved. Especially when you are talking about cultures that are relatively isolated. I think its very sad that we are losing cultures, but its happened all throughout history. If a culture isn't wiped out its integrated with another one. We should just try to learn all we can about them while we still can.

------------------------
Paperclips and Nosebleeds

Old Post 08-03-2001 04:39 AM
Firedrops is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Firedrops Click here to Send Firedrops a Private Message Visit Firedrops's homepage! Find more posts by Firedrops Add Firedrops to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roshigoth
The Cheesemeister

My friend can trace his family back to John Wilkes Booth.

Kinda pointless, but funny nonetheless.

------------------------
Graphic Cheeseworks

Old Post 08-03-2001 04:47 AM
Roshigoth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roshigoth Click here to Send Roshigoth a Private Message Find more posts by Roshigoth Add Roshigoth to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
slight
long pig

I'm quarter lesbian.

Old Post 08-03-2001 04:50 AM
slight is offline Click Here to See the Profile for slight Click here to Send slight a Private Message Visit slight's homepage! Find more posts by slight Add slight to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mordecai

and three quarters cock sucker, now come overe here, I have something for you...

-m

------------------------

Old Post 08-03-2001 04:53 AM
Mordecai

wrong thread
wrong window

[This message has been edited by Mordecai (edited 08-02-2001).]

Old Post 08-03-2001 04:55 AM
Roshigoth
The Cheesemeister

quote:
HEy look on the bright side, at least catfat isn't dating like oh, goetboi, or worse, flocat.

-m

Wrong thread.

------------------------
Graphic Cheeseworks

Old Post 08-03-2001 04:55 AM
Dead_Inside
Joey's Head Bitch

I'm Apache by way of Scotland and Ireland.

Much cooler than those Cherokee posers.

Old Post 08-03-2001 04:57 AM
Dead_Inside is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dead_Inside Click here to Send Dead_Inside a Private Message Find more posts by Dead_Inside Add Dead_Inside to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote