The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > HOW COULD i HAVE FORGOT?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
Gazin
Dreamer2CDreamer2B

Post HOW COULD i HAVE FORGOT?

Ok, so I have been in the middle of remodeling and moving everything about in my house for 6 months or so..a friend moved in and out during that time, SO...3 months ago I disconnected my stereo in my living room and moved it to my office, the master bedroom of the house. It has been sitting here behind my chair for the last three months, I almost forgot about it.

I just hooked it up....OH MY! I forgot what kick ass speakers I have..their two foot high, horridly heavy Sansui speakers from the seventies...I stole em from a friend years ago for 25 bucks...I have never even comme close to half on the reciever volume, and believe me, they get cranked..Their clarity is so impressive..they are monstors and they rock...the windows are vibrating to old Motown, the neighbors must be wondering about me...listening to the oldies station till I get the cd hooked up..off to do that,

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-19-2001 10:29 PM
Gazin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gazin Click here to Send Gazin a Private Message Find more posts by Gazin Add Gazin to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shyloh
ghost of internetz past

So?

------------------------

Old Post 08-19-2001 10:39 PM
shyloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shyloh Click here to Send shyloh a Private Message Find more posts by shyloh Add shyloh to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wonderaz
Sarky Bastard

PMSing today, Zoey? Try contributing half as much to the forum as she does.

I'm jealous. I should dig up some decent equipment myself. I know I have at least one complete stereo scattered around here somewhere. This little unit in the kitchen is barely ok.

Old Post 08-19-2001 10:44 PM
wonderaz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wonderaz Click here to Send wonderaz a Private Message Visit wonderaz's homepage! Find more posts by wonderaz Add wonderaz to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gazin
Dreamer2CDreamer2B

Is sweet, I have one of the speakers located a couple feet behind my chair and its vibrating the chair...

Wonder, I agree..get on it...I am now torturing the neighbors with U2..

Old Post 08-19-2001 10:50 PM
Gazin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gazin Click here to Send Gazin a Private Message Find more posts by Gazin Add Gazin to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gazin
Dreamer2CDreamer2B

quote:
Originally posted by shyloh:
So?

I suppose speakers of this calibur mean nothing to you, but their impressive and I just wanted to share, guess you kids prefer your plastic stereos? I thought great speakers was a universal love?

Old Post 08-19-2001 10:52 PM
Mordecai

My computer is my stereo system or rather they have been mated, 5.1 surround aimed straight at my compuer chair, which is of course my recliner. The only thing I want to do different is put the woofer in the chair.

-m

------------------------

Obscurum per obscurius, ignotum per ignotius

Old Post 08-19-2001 11:17 PM
Mordecai is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mordecai Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Add Mordecai to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Inky
-------------------------

Gazin, when I was about 17 I worked for Musicland in Seattle and every once in awhile they had these crazy discounts on stuff. I bought a pair of these beautiful Jensen (I think) speakers for $40.00. They were huge and sounded amazing but I ended up selling them to a friend cause I was moving and didn't want to cart them.

I know what you mean by the sound that comes from a set of good old speakers and stereo system, it's just different somehow than what you hear today.

I like my tiny soundworks speakers that are for my computer. Just because they take up no room. And they do sound pretty good, most people I know who have never heard music over the computer are amazed at the sound quality.

------------------------
Non Carborundum

Old Post 08-19-2001 11:26 PM
Inky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Inky Click here to Send Inky a Private Message Find more posts by Inky Add Inky to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote