The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > WIT - Whore Institute of Technology > streaming udio?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
MadBomber
=()

Post streaming udio?

any recomendations for streaming audio sources? .. shoutcast it fire-walled here at the office (I think) and I need an obscure streaming audio device/website so I can listen to tunes while I work. any suggestions (other than shoutcast) are welcome.

thanks.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-20-2000 01:55 AM
MadBomber is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MadBomber Click here to Send MadBomber a Private Message Visit MadBomber's homepage! Find more posts by MadBomber Add MadBomber to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pangloss
feu follet

www.dnalounge.com

don't know if that will get through. I think they use the same technology as shoutcast, but you may be fine. some cool music in there.

if you like it, thank missphinx. 'twas she who introduced me to it a while ago

------------------
and so on ...

Old Post 10-20-2000 10:16 PM
Pangloss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pangloss Click here to Send Pangloss a Private Message Find more posts by Pangloss Add Pangloss to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MadBomber
=()

Talking

yes yes .. this is cool. I remeber when sphinx recomended this site. I'm off to go try it out right now

Old Post 10-21-2000 12:29 AM
MadBomber is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MadBomber Click here to Send MadBomber a Private Message Visit MadBomber's homepage! Find more posts by MadBomber Add MadBomber to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MadBomber
=()

Angry

nope .. no streaming audio for me I guess. I would bring some cds to work, but they all got stolen this past weekend from my g/f's car. I'll think I'll just tap some DnB on my desk with my fingers and make woohwooh whaawhaa sounds with my voice.

Old Post 10-21-2000 12:31 AM
Pangloss
feu follet

Wink

record it. I'm sure the people at dnalounge would be interested

------------------
and so on ...

Old Post 10-21-2000 02:33 AM
Pangloss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pangloss Click here to Send Pangloss a Private Message Find more posts by Pangloss Add Pangloss to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shotgun.messiah
Fluffy Bunny

Thumbs up

holy shit..

that's the best internet radio station I've ever listened to.
well, I've only listened to a few.. but this is fucking awesome.

Silverfish, PTP, The Chem. Bros., Die Laughing, etc.

again - fucking awesome.

[edit - oh my anus! they're playing Front242.. I love this fucking station]

------------------
sorry I never checked the bag in my head for a bomb in my halo with a needle hole

[This message has been edited by shotgun.messiah (edited 10-21-2000).]

Old Post 10-21-2000 05:46 PM
shotgun.messiah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shotgun.messiah Click here to Send shotgun.messiah a Private Message Find more posts by shotgun.messiah Add shotgun.messiah to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
missphinx
Edgy the Budgie

Thumbs up

Check out the rest of Jamie's site too. http://www.dnalounge.com and http://www.jwz.org

Jamie Zawinski was one of the original programmers for Netscape, then headed up Mozilla before the horror of AOL.

DNA Lounge is his DIY project. He wanted a good nightclub in San Francisco, so he's building his own.

He will eventually broadcast live from the club on the web site, hence the audio & video.

I expect there will be some great bands.

[This message has been edited by missphinx (edited 10-21-2000).]

Old Post 10-22-2000 12:17 AM
missphinx is offline Click Here to See the Profile for missphinx Click here to Send missphinx a Private Message Find more posts by missphinx Add missphinx to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote