The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > Flashback to January 31, 1985 by Timeenoughforlove - 01/13/01 - 19:55:52
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
T H E A S Y L U M
Administrator

Flashback to January 31, 1985 by Timeenoughforlove - 01/13/01 - 19:55:52

Flashback to January 31, 1985 «

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-14-2001 01:55 AM
T H E A S Y L U M is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T H E A S Y L U M Click here to Send T H E A S Y L U M a Private Message Find more posts by T H E A S Y L U M Add T H E A S Y L U M to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Escape Artist
tarnished bling king

Damned good read...I'm speechless.

------------------------
Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your beers!

Old Post 01-14-2001 02:32 AM
Escape Artist is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Escape Artist Click here to Send Escape Artist a Private Message Find more posts by Escape Artist Add Escape Artist to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paint CHiPs
Smartest Man in the World

Yeah.

I used to sit in my room at night when I was young. I had this great floppy stuffed dog named Doogan that was as big as I was. I would sit there on my bed and clutch Doogan and cry because I didn't want to grow older. I didn't want the youth to end.

Glad to know I am not alone.

Old Post 01-14-2001 02:38 AM
Paint CHiPs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paint CHiPs Click here to Send Paint CHiPs a Private Message Visit Paint CHiPs's homepage! Find more posts by Paint CHiPs Add Paint CHiPs to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nutrimentia
plata o plomo

I remember losing my childhood too. It wasn't an awareness of time's passing or value, but rather a clean break from kid-dom to young adult-dom.

When I was 14 we moved from Cataldo, Idaho (population about 70 people) to Bloomington Minnesota, (population 93,000). I remember checking my armpits for hair while we driving out. I knew I was getting older, but it was sure taking its damn time.

Prior to moving I had a pretty carefree life and lived like a kid. After moving I didn't.

Neither good nor bad, but just the way it is. Now I can tell that I am passing again through a phase similar to that. I am no longer prime college age, but not yet full born adult either. We'll wait and see where this one takes us.

Good read, TEFL. Thanks.

------------------------
Boomer Bible: Find it, Read it, Learn it, Live it, Love it. I mean this!

http://www.boomerbible.com/BBFAC.html

All hail Eris! All hail Discordia!

Old Post 01-16-2001 08:01 AM
Nutrimentia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nutrimentia Click here to Send Nutrimentia a Private Message Visit Nutrimentia's homepage! Find more posts by Nutrimentia Add Nutrimentia to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
absolut
one sock

Thank you Time...your story also reminded me of one of those moments where I knew I had to keep moving forward, and I couldn't go back, no matter how much I wanted to. It's funny how having those thoughts as a child really stand out.

Old Post 01-19-2001 11:55 PM
absolut is offline Click Here to See the Profile for absolut Click here to Send absolut a Private Message Find more posts by absolut Add absolut to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote