The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > Vacation, Part I by Redguard - 07/28/01
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
T H E A S Y L U M
Administrator

Vacation, Part I by Redguard - 07/28/01

Vacation, Part I «

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-29-2001 05:21 AM
T H E A S Y L U M is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T H E A S Y L U M Click here to Send T H E A S Y L U M a Private Message Find more posts by T H E A S Y L U M Add T H E A S Y L U M to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fiend
Medically crazy

Thumbs up

spend your vacation here

if you wrote that speech down i would love to....um....er.... glance at it

never change, or rather change wisely cause we love ya redguard.
your prose transends the page, and your words literally flow. i can always picture your work perfectly in my head

*sniff*
i miss that red flag

------------------------
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
-Ernest Hemingway

Old Post 07-29-2001 05:30 AM
Fiend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fiend Click here to Send Fiend a Private Message Find more posts by Fiend Add Fiend to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paint CHiPs
Smartest Man in the World

That was pretty funny.

------------------------
lego lady the dungeon is the best place in lego land!! YES LEGO MAN i agree!! but what is behind the wall over there!! NOTHING LEGO LADY PLEASE KEEP DRINKING THE DUNGEON WINE!!!

Old Post 07-29-2001 05:36 AM
Paint CHiPs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paint CHiPs Click here to Send Paint CHiPs a Private Message Visit Paint CHiPs's homepage! Find more posts by Paint CHiPs Add Paint CHiPs to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roshigoth
The Cheesemeister

I think fiend said it right. We love you here, Redguard. I can understand not liking just sitting around, though. But if you could spare just enough time to drop in and say hi occasionally, so we know you didn't suddenly drop off the edge of the world, it'd be nice.

I missed that red flag of yours. Hope you're back for at least a little while.

------------------------
You only live twice. -- Bjrk
Graphic Cheeseworks

Old Post 07-29-2001 04:27 PM
Roshigoth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roshigoth Click here to Send Roshigoth a Private Message Find more posts by Roshigoth Add Roshigoth to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mordecai

Hurrah for Red!

-m

------------------------

Old Post 07-29-2001 08:49 PM
Mordecai is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mordecai Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Add Mordecai to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Feral Automaton
control your staffs

Dynamism Mr. Redguard. Dynamism.

The dull exterior world. The monotony of managing moment after xeroxed moment, of simululating my concern, of proceeding as expected, through what becomes a truly heartless existence...

Dull. Like static. Is static. Buzzing incesently. Pulling. Constantly gnawing on my energy to change, to shine, to be as I would and have chosen but often forget to be.

Funny how the moments that show through are the memories that we really feel. The moments of actual intensity. Those real moments, which we discern to be of substance only because they seemed to have meaning, seemed to have a point to them and, consequently must lend a point to us, to who we are because we're nothing other than our actions nothing other than our experiences nothing other than the story of who of what of when we are.

We're nothing save the sum of our entire lives and to know that for some of our experienced instances we really lived, really felt, and intensly exposed ourselves to the surrounding world. That for "fifteen minutes" we really blew the world away. Really kicked out convention. Really believed that we are special...

And than we go back to work, come off or our high, remember that we're nothing, and turn in our intuition for social security.

I say...

I say that if we can if we have felt, if we know that we can live beautifully than why not make life a struggle to live all moments intesnly. Not with a false intesnity, rather with an honest, intuitive "I am responding to the beauty and the beauty is responding to me" kind of an attitude? Like you said, "I live a good story."

You're absolutely right. Pick ourselves up from the static and move our minds and bodies over into the freedom of the dynamic.

Good piece Red. Nice to see you again

Old Post 08-01-2001 06:50 AM
Feral Automaton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Feral Automaton Click here to Send Feral Automaton a Private Message Find more posts by Feral Automaton Add Feral Automaton to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Feral Automaton
control your staffs

"I am responsible for the beauty and the beauty is responding to me." - I said it. Sorry.

That's more accurate.

We ought to recognize and be responsible for our effect on the world around us. We do leave a mark, and we're not expected to move or speak or think or feel soflty.

Old Post 08-01-2001 06:53 AM
Feral Automaton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Feral Automaton Click here to Send Feral Automaton a Private Message Find more posts by Feral Automaton Add Feral Automaton to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JoeyCat
Felis Dominatus

Red, I would have paid cold hard cash to have seen your performance!

------------------------

Old Post 08-05-2001 04:49 PM
JoeyCat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JoeyCat Click here to Send JoeyCat a Private Message Find more posts by JoeyCat Add JoeyCat to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RogueWarrior
Cuddly Puppy

redguard...you never cease to amaze me.

Yeah, i miss that red flag, too. But not because of the ideals it represents, but the individual.

Ahhh, red; what a Libertarian you would have made.

What a human being you HAVE made.

*salute*

------------------------
We are the damned of all the world

Old Post 08-06-2001 07:25 PM
RogueWarrior is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RogueWarrior Click here to Send RogueWarrior a Private Message Find more posts by RogueWarrior Add RogueWarrior to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dingle
Gay for Mugtoe

"I love a good story" is only one letter apart from I live a good story. One letter, but what a world of difference. Come tomorrow morning, I think Ill invest in a brand new vowel.

i love that

------------------------
I swear if you guys rip on me 13 or 14 more times, I'm outta here.

Old Post 08-16-2001 09:32 PM
Dingle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dingle Click here to Send Dingle a Private Message Find more posts by Dingle Add Dingle to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
crazy_wacky
Dr. Lovesyrup

Amazing.
Outstanding.

Anything that gives me goose bumps like that...it's not just words,

Thank you.

Old Post 12-21-2001 04:46 AM
crazy_wacky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for crazy_wacky Click here to Send crazy_wacky a Private Message Visit crazy_wacky's homepage! Find more posts by crazy_wacky Add crazy_wacky to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote