The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > Vancouver area Asylumites...
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
shnakeman
Scarred for Life

Vancouver area Asylumites...

Hey, I just got a gig with a new band, and we will be doing a showcase in a couple weeks. It would be way cool If you could come down. I would like to meet you. Or you could hang back and heckle me or poke at me with a long stick.
Don't worry, this is not a metal band or anything. Its female fronted, acoustic guitar, drums and me on 12 string bass. Very laid back, very groovy.
The name of the band is Crimson.
details;
Onion Bash 2001
Purple Onion
September 13 @ 9pm
Don't come too late because we will be opening.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-30-2001 09:50 AM
shnakeman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shnakeman Click here to Send shnakeman a Private Message Visit shnakeman's homepage! Find more posts by shnakeman Add shnakeman to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nutrimentia
plata o plomo

Shnake, if I was still living in Bellingham, I'd be there.
As it is though, I doubt I could catch a ship back after the show in time to make work in the morning.

Is Snake Eyes still alive?

Old Post 08-31-2001 02:21 AM
Nutrimentia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nutrimentia Click here to Send Nutrimentia a Private Message Visit Nutrimentia's homepage! Find more posts by Nutrimentia Add Nutrimentia to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Inky
-------------------------

Hey, I could probably get into that...

maybe a few more locals could come and we could have a beer together.

Old Post 08-31-2001 02:44 AM
Inky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Inky Click here to Send Inky a Private Message Find more posts by Inky Add Inky to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shnakeman
Scarred for Life

quote:
Originally posted by Nutrimentia

Is Snake Eyes still alive?

Yes, of course. I was just asked to step in for this gig. No big deal.
Is that bass on your cam an Ibanez? What model is it? I have one very similar except its transparent blue and its not a fretless. It doesnt have the cool diamond inlays either. Ibanez sure makes nice guitars.

Old Post 08-31-2001 07:54 AM
shnakeman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shnakeman Click here to Send shnakeman a Private Message Visit shnakeman's homepage! Find more posts by shnakeman Add shnakeman to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gavin
burdened student

I might be able to arrange it, but I'm over on the island, and I have to be back there to work by 1:30 the next afternoon. Meaning I'd need transportation to and from the ferry, and a place to stay the night. Meaning, not likely.

Old Post 08-31-2001 09:27 AM
Gavin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gavin Click here to Send Gavin a Private Message Find more posts by Gavin Add Gavin to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trina
Chronic papercut

Dave and I will be there, digital camera in hand. I would love to meet some of the local Asylumites. See you there.

Can we bring Caroline? I can pick her up if she wants to go.

Attachment: chewy.jpg
This has been downloaded 25 time(s).

Old Post 08-31-2001 07:50 PM
Trina is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trina Click here to Send Trina a Private Message Find more posts by Trina Add Trina to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Inky
-------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Gavin
Meaning I'd need transportation to and from the ferry, and a place to stay the night. Meaning, not likely.

I could probably offer you my sofa for the night but I can't give you a ride as my car only has two gears now. no out of town trips.

Old Post 08-31-2001 09:01 PM
Inky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Inky Click here to Send Inky a Private Message Find more posts by Inky Add Inky to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shnakeman
Scarred for Life

quote:
Originally posted by Trina
Dave and I will be there, digital camera in hand. I would love to meet some of the local Asylumites. See you there.

Can we bring Caroline? I can pick her up if she wants to go.

She will be there no doubt. Sounds like a good idea. Make sure you take lots of pics of me. You will probably take more pics of the singer though. She's much cuter than I am. She has bright red hair too.

Old Post 09-01-2001 04:19 AM
Trina
Chronic papercut

Who told you I was into redheads? lol

Don't worry.. lots of pics of the entire band.

Old Post 09-01-2001 05:18 PM
Trina is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trina Click here to Send Trina a Private Message Find more posts by Trina Add Trina to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote