The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > cut off my feet?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
Vyper
Psychodynamic

Question cut off my feet?

one of our local radio stations did an interview with this guy this morning.

www.cutoffmyfeet.com

seems that this man needs his feet amputated and needs prosthetic feet (which will cost $40,000 and need to be replaced every 3 years) so he has decided to kill two birds with one stone.

he will be cutting off his own feet using a guillotine live on the internet on halloween night (with emergency medical personnel standing by). he is charging $19.95 to see this feat (no pun intended) to raise the money to pay for the prosthetics.

the website isnt done very well, which makes it look like a hoax, but after hearing him on the radio this morning, I believe it is quite real

would you pay to see something like that?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-04-2001 06:49 PM
Vyper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vyper Click here to Send Vyper a Private Message Find more posts by Vyper Add Vyper to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Smug Git
Arrogance Personified

no, I wouldn't.

Old Post 09-04-2001 06:53 PM
Smug Git is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Smug Git Click here to Send Smug Git a Private Message Find more posts by Smug Git Add Smug Git to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vyper
Psychodynamic

even if by paying to watch it you would be helping this man afford a neccessary medical proceedure that he obviously can't afford?

Old Post 09-04-2001 06:58 PM
Vyper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vyper Click here to Send Vyper a Private Message Find more posts by Vyper Add Vyper to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dog Breath
Cuddly Puppy

Wasn't there a thread where this was described as a sexual gratification being the motivation for removing his feet?

I believe this is voluntary.

Edit: I guess this is a different guy (maybe). Interesting coincidence that two people are offering live foot removal as entertainment. I'll wait for the Quicktime version on SP.

Last edited by Dog Breath on 09-04-2001 at 07:08 PM

Old Post 09-04-2001 06:59 PM
Dog Breath is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dog Breath Click here to Send Dog Breath a Private Message Find more posts by Dog Breath Add Dog Breath to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vyper
Psychodynamic

the actual process of doing it himself with a guillotine pay-per-view style is voluntary...but the man does actually need his feet amputated. he had some sort of accident that severed his spine and left him paralyzed from the knees down.

Old Post 09-04-2001 07:07 PM
Smug Git
Arrogance Personified

I'd be likely to pay him the money not to watch.

I the UK, he'd get the operation (eventually) for free anyway, so it seems a bit weird...

Old Post 09-04-2001 07:36 PM
Smug Git is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Smug Git Click here to Send Smug Git a Private Message Find more posts by Smug Git Add Smug Git to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goatboy
the anticlimax

Maybe he trying to spite his legs?

(can't overuse a bad joke I find)

Old Post 09-04-2001 07:36 PM
Goatboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goatboy Click here to Send Goatboy a Private Message Find more posts by Goatboy Add Goatboy to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Smug Git
Arrogance Personified

quote:
Originally posted by Goatboy
(can't overuse a bad joke I find)

Oh you are so wrong!

Old Post 09-04-2001 07:40 PM
Venus
Goddess of Whore

Nope. But I wouldn't watch it for free either.

Old Post 09-04-2001 09:00 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RiZZ
awsomeness incarnit

ill wate for the boot leg

pun intended

Old Post 09-04-2001 09:38 PM
RiZZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RiZZ Click here to Send RiZZ a Private Message Visit RiZZ's homepage! Find more posts by RiZZ Add RiZZ to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MrSherman
NO MORE ASYLUM

Just wait a while. You know you'll see it on st1les site....er...well, only if he doens't go to jail first.

Old Post 09-05-2001 01:51 AM
MrSherman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MrSherman Click here to Send MrSherman a Private Message Find more posts by MrSherman Add MrSherman to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vyper
Psychodynamic

quote:
Originally posted by Goatboy
Maybe he trying to spite his legs?

oh dear god, New Jersey really is getting to you isn't it?

Old Post 09-05-2001 02:49 AM
Goatboy
the anticlimax

Laugh! Damn you all! Laugh!!!

Old Post 09-05-2001 03:02 AM
Goatboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goatboy Click here to Send Goatboy a Private Message Find more posts by Goatboy Add Goatboy to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vyper
Psychodynamic

tee hee hee hee

Old Post 09-05-2001 03:21 AM
billgerat
Hope-nosis

http://www.asylumnation.com/vbullet...&highlight=feet

Originally he was supposed to cut them off on Sept. 19, my birthday. I think the guy is whacked (pun intended).

Old Post 09-05-2001 06:30 AM
billgerat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for billgerat Click here to Send billgerat a Private Message Find more posts by billgerat Add billgerat to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MuffyTheVampyreLayer
Just another wanker

quote:
Originally posted by Vyper
he had some sort of accident that severed his spine and left him paralyzed from the knees down.

Why does he need prosthetic feet then? Surely if he is paralyzed from the knees down prosthetic feet would be kind of pointless?

Old Post 09-05-2001 06:38 AM
MuffyTheVampyreLayer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MuffyTheVampyreLayer Click here to Send MuffyTheVampyreLayer a Private Message Find more posts by MuffyTheVampyreLayer Add MuffyTheVampyreLayer to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vyper
Psychodynamic

they're going to extend up to the top of his calves. he apparently can use his knees.....just needs feet....i mean, what do you really use your shins for anyways? besides getting kicked in them?

Old Post 09-05-2001 05:41 PM
MuffyTheVampyreLayer
Just another wanker

So, do they have bionic ankles and toes... apparently you need your toes for balance, and I would imagine trying to walk without ankles wouldn't be much fun either.

Old Post 09-05-2001 07:24 PM
MuffyTheVampyreLayer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MuffyTheVampyreLayer Click here to Send MuffyTheVampyreLayer a Private Message Find more posts by MuffyTheVampyreLayer Add MuffyTheVampyreLayer to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trina
Chronic papercut

If he is American, the surgery to have the feet removed would have been at least $40,000.00.

Since he is doing it himself, can't he take the money he would have otherwise spent on the surgery to buy new feet?

(yah.. and I clip coupons too)

Old Post 09-05-2001 09:28 PM
Trina is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trina Click here to Send Trina a Private Message Find more posts by Trina Add Trina to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CatFat
rabbit goddess satan

Bah...you ppl are no fun. He's cutting off his own feet! Isn't that enough? Do you really need a reason? Sheesh. You ppl are so hard to please. I would pay for it if I had money to blow.

Besides, it makes more sense to me than plenty of amputee related things I've seen like :
http://www.geocities.com/eds_hooks/
http://www.eytons-world.com/
http://www.frantana.aha.ru/index.htm
http://www.bmezine.com/spc/galleries/other/amputation/

Old Post 09-05-2001 09:50 PM
CatFat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CatFat Click here to Send CatFat a Private Message Find more posts by CatFat Add CatFat to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vyper
Psychodynamic

we could all get together and have a "watch some guy sever his feet" party. that way we could all pitch in to pay the 19.95....it would almost be free!

Old Post 09-07-2001 05:54 AM
billgerat
Hope-nosis

For those of you still curious about "Freck", the amputation is to take place on Jan. 5th. 2002.

Old Post 12-23-2001 03:16 AM
billgerat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for billgerat Click here to Send billgerat a Private Message Find more posts by billgerat Add billgerat to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
euphorbia
caustic milk - hybrid

I dont think the medical personel (the ones "standing by") would allow him to do that would they?

Old Post 12-23-2001 03:46 AM
euphorbia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for euphorbia Click here to Send euphorbia a Private Message Visit euphorbia's homepage! Find more posts by euphorbia Add euphorbia to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fiend
Medically crazy

quote:
Originally posted by euphorbia
I dont think the medical personel (the ones "standing by") would allow him to do that would they?

by golly i hope so

"We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it." -Douglas Adams

Old Post 12-23-2001 04:37 AM
Fiend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fiend Click here to Send Fiend a Private Message Find more posts by Fiend Add Fiend to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vyper
Psychodynamic

ack.....where's this come from???

i had almost forgotten about this guy. I don't think I'd pay to watch it, but I'll prolly find as much as I can to read about it after the fact. Curiosity has the best of me in this case.

Old Post 12-23-2001 06:02 AM