The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > I made this...
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
-Anth3m-
Ocular Skullfuckery

I made this...

I was sitting here, after watching three hours of CNN, including talkback live, and all the different takes on the religious angles...

All day, It's been getting more and more real, like the shock is starting to wear off....

I'll be watching T.V, or talking on the phone, then it hits... "Oh, yeah... The World Trade Center doesn't exist anymore.

My gut wrenches, and I cry for all those people......

Sitting in my apartment, I feel powerless to do ANYTHING to help. I can't even donate blood. I got tattoos in the recent past.

So, doing the only thing I can think of, I do this.

And I'll problably add more to it, as time progresses.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-17-2001 11:47 AM
-Anth3m- is offline Click Here to See the Profile for -Anth3m- Click here to Send -Anth3m- a Private Message Find more posts by -Anth3m- Add -Anth3m- to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Smug Git
Arrogance Personified

It's all just a red cross to me, which might explain lack of responses.

Old Post 09-17-2001 01:12 PM
Smug Git is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Smug Git Click here to Send Smug Git a Private Message Find more posts by Smug Git Add Smug Git to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nymbus
incognito

Anth3m, wow. That is beautiful and terrible. And once again, I cried.

Old Post 09-17-2001 03:17 PM
nymbus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nymbus Click here to Send nymbus a Private Message Find more posts by nymbus Add nymbus to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dog Breath
Cuddly Puppy

It reads like a story of the sequence of emotions following the disaster.

It ends where we are now.

More to come. Bombs and gardens of stone.

Old Post 09-17-2001 03:40 PM
Dog Breath is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dog Breath Click here to Send Dog Breath a Private Message Find more posts by Dog Breath Add Dog Breath to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wonderaz
Sarky Bastard

poignant, Anth3m. Worthy of slow perusal dispite the flood of imagry that we have all seen these past few days.
Well done and thanks.

Old Post 09-17-2001 04:05 PM
wonderaz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wonderaz Click here to Send wonderaz a Private Message Visit wonderaz's homepage! Find more posts by wonderaz Add wonderaz to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
-Anth3m-
Ocular Skullfuckery

Thanks wonderaz.

On a side note, there was an mp3 imbedded into the page, and it works fine on my machine., but I', not sure about everyone elses. Did the song play for anyone?

Old Post 09-17-2001 06:02 PM
-Anth3m- is offline Click Here to See the Profile for -Anth3m- Click here to Send -Anth3m- a Private Message Find more posts by -Anth3m- Add -Anth3m- to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fiend
Medically crazy

it really hits me when i play a game like max payne

and see a panoramic view of new york and there they are...

i watched Men In Black the other night and realized the same thing

sad

"We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it." -Douglas Adams

Old Post 09-17-2001 06:06 PM
Fiend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fiend Click here to Send Fiend a Private Message Find more posts by Fiend Add Fiend to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SocialParasite
wallet.dat is where it at

One of the images that just strkes me as odd is the one of the tower falling and a cross from a church (I assume) is in the foreground.

Old Post 09-17-2001 06:15 PM
SocialParasite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SocialParasite Click here to Send SocialParasite a Private Message Find more posts by SocialParasite Add SocialParasite to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goatboy
the anticlimax

Song plays for me.

Old Post 09-17-2001 06:20 PM
Goatboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goatboy Click here to Send Goatboy a Private Message Find more posts by Goatboy Add Goatboy to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
-Anth3m-
Ocular Skullfuckery

I've edited it, added a guestbook and made it load a bit faster.

800 hits in 24 hours.
Yike, word gets around pretty quick.

Anyways, after the guesbook gets a bunch of signatures (If it does) I'm going to print them all out and send them to NYC's mayor.

Anyways...

Old Post 09-19-2001 08:33 AM
splAt
Usually Courteous

It took quite a while to load the mp3. I have a pretty good connection too.

Old Post 09-19-2001 11:17 AM
splAt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for splAt Click here to Send splAt a Private Message Find more posts by splAt Add splAt to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
-Anth3m-
Ocular Skullfuckery

I guess everyone is different, some people have said the mp3 started before the image loaded.

Old Post 09-19-2001 11:20 AM