The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > Perhaps it is for the best...
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
Feral Automaton
control your staffs

Post Perhaps it is for the best...

Nothings serious. Nothings shocking.

Nothing is sacred. Nothing is real.

Nothing is important. All things are fleeting.

And nothing is wrong.

At least, there is no universal or divine evidence that establishes any absolute meaning anywhere. Therefore, all qualifications are absurd. All assertions are fallacious. And all convictions are lies.

People will drop bombs. People will kill each other for chemical stimuli. People will adorn their bodies in the dry flesh peeled from the hide of the woman that they just raped.

Babies will be psychologically tortured. Animals will be slaughtered to feed our irresponsible consumer desires. Men will perpetuate their misogyny over women.

The clincher, though, is that huge groups of these very same murderous, strung out, pedophile people will flock to spiritual brothels where they will whore out their souls to a divine fantasy in order to maintain a mystical façade of salvation.

Hooray.

The social agenda is to create very base, very simple, very autonomous androids, devoid of any essential self or internal design. The world wants itself to be basic because it fears anything that it does not understand, and represses it with convictions and faith.

Faith. Convictions.

Faith is an emotional response that typically results in the segregation and qualification of all things. Faith is a means of prejudging a system. You don’t need much evidence to support a faith. It is a fallacy. It is necessarily dependent upon belief. It is inherently absurd.

The faith becomes an ideology, which is really just a majority-supported conviction. This conviction enable folks to live simple, “no alarms and no surprises” lives. You never fear anything; therefore it is very easy to blow a nation or a herd of cattle to hell on a whim. Very easy, given that you fear nothing.

Death is secure. Life is secure. Your kids are secure. Your house and possessions are secure. Everything that has this entire god induced meaning is secure because you believe it to be.

More Hoorays.

But despite all of this security, you have got columbine. Regardless of all of this divine hope, you have got children with AIDS from using dirty needles while shooting up. The shit is still there, although we slick a thin veneer of faith over the majority of it, there exists portions that we cannot ignore. The obvious protrusions that ambush our convictions and grind against our beliefs…

The piles of dead children in Brazilian alleyways… The brutal violence and slaughter in Africa… The homeless hero who mangled his body for his country and his convictions, left to die in a gutter while paranoid and terrified by his repressed psyche…

All of these things spring forth from a universe that my government my friends my parents my teachers tell me is A OK…

Fuck that.

Things are as they are. I despise the insubstantial guise of optimism. I loathe the redundant company of pessimists. I am tired of the fear. I am tired of the doubt…

I want to live and to express alongside other individuals. I want to test the limits of my mind through inspired association with the living and the sentient. I want to question everything and no longer be ostracized for doing so…

I want to look at the world with the calm ambivalence of the mona lisa and accept the world with the infinite humility of Lao Tzu.

“Where can I find the man that has forgotten the words so that I may have a word with him.”- Chuang Tzu.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-28-2000 08:29 AM
Feral Automaton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Feral Automaton Click here to Send Feral Automaton a Private Message Find more posts by Feral Automaton Add Feral Automaton to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Touch
Fluffy Bunny

what can i possibly say in response to that?

------------------
please dont touch me

Old Post 08-28-2000 08:36 AM
Touch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Touch Click here to Send Touch a Private Message Find more posts by Touch Add Touch to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DevilMoon
passive stalker?

*yawn*

DM

Old Post 08-28-2000 08:36 AM
DevilMoon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DevilMoon Click here to Send DevilMoon a Private Message Find more posts by DevilMoon Add DevilMoon to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
absolut
one sock

Do you use some kind of post structuralist post generator Feral?

Old Post 08-28-2000 08:44 AM
absolut is offline Click Here to See the Profile for absolut Click here to Send absolut a Private Message Find more posts by absolut Add absolut to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
absolut
one sock

And DM...go to bed!

Old Post 08-28-2000 08:45 AM
absolut is offline Click Here to See the Profile for absolut Click here to Send absolut a Private Message Find more posts by absolut Add absolut to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
melon
Fishleader

this is making me thirsty.

------------------
come ride, my banana car.. la la la.
ALL HAIL FISHLEADER!
you may be british.

Old Post 08-28-2000 08:55 AM
melon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for melon Click here to Send melon a Private Message Visit melon's homepage! Find more posts by melon Add melon to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Feral Automaton
control your staffs

"Do you use some kind of post structuralist post generator Feral?" - Ms. Absolut

Yes. The unit below contains an automated verbal component specificaly designed to spout information about post structural theory, slave toxins, and monkey balls.

Traffic heed my warning: the milk won't go bad until friday.

Old Post 08-28-2000 09:02 AM
Feral Automaton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Feral Automaton Click here to Send Feral Automaton a Private Message Find more posts by Feral Automaton Add Feral Automaton to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MstrG
The Talamasca

Existentialism only works if you have faith in it.

------------------
Download the SETI software, then join the Asylum SETI Team!

Old Post 08-28-2000 02:53 PM
MstrG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MstrG Click here to Send MstrG a Private Message Visit MstrG's homepage! Find more posts by MstrG Add MstrG to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HELL
euphorbia's bad side

we should surround ourselves with people like ourselves and kill any one who trespasses.
or make a contribution to society by being the type of person we think is a good person, but that is all relitive to each of us so i go with the first suggestion.

Old Post 08-28-2000 03:14 PM
HELL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HELL Click here to Send HELL a Private Message Find more posts by HELL Add HELL to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HELL
euphorbia's bad side

by the way, i thought is was a good post even if it was kida depressing.

------------------
By your demons be drivin.

Old Post 08-28-2000 03:17 PM
HELL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HELL Click here to Send HELL a Private Message Find more posts by HELL Add HELL to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
memdink
spasm of violence

Faith is easier than education. Cheaper too. Well, in the organized sense. So, let's all believe most of what TV and the Bible tell us. It's more convenient than going to the library and actually intellectualizing. I'm not one to talk.

I CONVICT YOU ALL FOR PASSING JUDGEMENT.
err...

[This message has been edited by memdink (edited 08-28-2000).]

Old Post 08-29-2000 12:39 AM
memdink is offline Click Here to See the Profile for memdink Click here to Send memdink a Private Message Find more posts by memdink Add memdink to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HELL
euphorbia's bad side

hey....didnt you just pass judgement?

Old Post 08-29-2000 12:43 AM
memdink
spasm of violence

...Sharp as a bowling ball.

Just did it again.

Old Post 08-29-2000 12:45 AM
memdink is offline Click Here to See the Profile for memdink Click here to Send memdink a Private Message Find more posts by memdink Add memdink to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HELL
euphorbia's bad side

well hoora for you.

Old Post 08-29-2000 12:46 AM
memdink
spasm of violence

"Hoora" for me in the job thread, please. Thanks for playing.

Old Post 08-29-2000 12:47 AM
Spaceboy
Oblivious poster.

wow...another one living inside "HOWL".

fucking amazing. our "issues" are indeed similar, feral.

but, what can you do? can you make their convictions true somehow? can you make them all "wake up"? can you force them to accept, but necessarily forget? can you become a recluse? can you bring yourself to turn a blind eye (to either side of the coin), just as they are? can you immerse yourself in the harsher aspects of reality?

im not sure how one can look at the world with a calm ambivalence if they dont have some sort of reassurence. i dont think i can elaborate anymore, even though i do have more to say (i think). i cant think anymore.

Old Post 08-29-2000 02:40 AM
Spaceboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Spaceboy Click here to Send Spaceboy a Private Message Find more posts by Spaceboy Add Spaceboy to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Feral Automaton
control your staffs

Please delete this thread.

Old Post 09-03-2000 09:43 AM
J E B Stuart
Administrator

Yo, Feral. I think it is for the best that we didn’t delete it.

Amen.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should not�the real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Old Post 03-01-2018 02:38 AM
J E B Stuart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J E B Stuart Click here to Send J E B Stuart a Private Message Visit J E B Stuart's homepage! Find more posts by J E B Stuart Add J E B Stuart to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rust
Headbugs 40

Faith is not inherently absurd, though. Faith has pushed man's rejection of God to the point of proving [it's] very existence irrelevant, insofar as what we have achieved, based solely in spite of. The new God of empirical evidence is as finicky as any religious dogma, ever evolving as did the many Gods of old. You may think that's a poor analogy simply due to the "fact" of what empirical in this context means, however, I'm not entirely sure you understand just how much vodka I've evolved to consume without blacking out. Think about it.

Old Post 03-02-2018 03:49 AM
rust is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rust Click here to Send rust a Private Message Find more posts by rust Add rust to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

What faith is not an important component of mankind who cannot understand the relationship between the Earth, the moon, the stars and those universes that we find ourselves trying to struggle to understand and the relationship of God among those of us who contemplate religions and dire philosophies.

Old Post 03-02-2018 05:18 AM
GoFuckYourselves! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoFuckYourselves! Click here to Send GoFuckYourselves! a Private Message Find more posts by GoFuckYourselves! Add GoFuckYourselves! to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J E B Stuart
Administrator

I read The End of Faith: Religion, Terror and the Future of Reason by Sam Harris a number of years ago. Food for thought:

...Belief is a lever that, once pulled, moves almost everything else in a person’s life. Are you a scientist? A liberal? A racist? These are merely species of belief in action. Your beliefs define your vision of the world; they dictate your behavior; they determine your emotional responses to other human beings. If you doubt this, consider how your experience would suddenly change if you came to believe one of the following propositions:

1. You have only two weeks to live.

2. You’ve just won a lottery prize of one hundred million dollars.

3. Aliens have implanted a receiver in your skull and are manipulating your thoughts.

These are mere words—until you believe them. Once believed, they become part of the very apparatus of your mind, determining your desires, fears, expectations and subsequent behavior. ...
” Page 12.

Amen.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should not�the real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Old Post 03-03-2018 03:27 PM
J E B Stuart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J E B Stuart Click here to Send J E B Stuart a Private Message Visit J E B Stuart's homepage! Find more posts by J E B Stuart Add J E B Stuart to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

I also read "End Of Faith" a few years ago and instantly became a huge fan of Sam Harris. He's one of the great debaters and you may find many of his debates on YouTube. His podcasts are great also. He doesn't believe in free will, even to the extent as to what shirt you put on.

Old Post 03-03-2018 04:36 PM
GoFuckYourselves! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoFuckYourselves! Click here to Send GoFuckYourselves! a Private Message Find more posts by GoFuckYourselves! Add GoFuckYourselves! to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J E B Stuart
Administrator

Indeed, Herk. For a feeble brain like mine, such debates tend to do this to my head:

Amen.

Old Post 03-03-2018 06:01 PM
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

Uncle Jeb, The Loretta can spin her head around 360 degrees. One time it got stuck and she couldn't spin it back. So, wherever she went, she had to walk backwards.

Last edited by GoFuckYourselves! on 03-03-2018 at 08:29 PM

Old Post 03-03-2018 08:18 PM
J E B Stuart
Administrator

Herk, that’s an illusion. The Loretta’s face is virtually indistinguishable from that toxic waste dumper that even the EPA wouldn’t dare touch. People just can’t tell the front from the back.

Amen.

Old Post 03-03-2018 09:40 PM