The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > Brand-new DJ has bad first night, plays one song for 5 consecutive hours
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
Vegas
15 = micropenis

Brand-new DJ has bad first night, plays one song for 5 consecutive hours

I'm flipping through the stations and on a pop station in the area they were talking about having a new DJ tonight from 7-midnight. The old guy was horrid, so I listened for a few minutes just to hear this guy jabber on about how nervous he was and how he thought he knew what he was doing. I turn it back on during his shift and after a few minutes I realize that the song he's playing is looped, for some reason. After another play of the song, he takes a phone call in the middle of it and someone's talking about how funny this is. The guy put on Pink's "Get This Party Started" and got the party started alright... he just couldn't figure out how to stop the song or change it. So as I type this he enters his 5th consecutive hour of that song. He apparently locked the boss out of the studio and refuses to let anyone in until the next DJ. The boss called up complaining about being locked out and wants the new (and possibly newly fired) DJ in his office tomorrow morning, 8 AM. So, if that song suddenly hits #1 I'm sure it has way too much to do with this guy giving Pink a little too much airplay.

Your whole "I dress like an office drone and act respectable and then sit on forum where we discuss urethra fucking and public torture" bit still creeps me out. I bet it would creep out your co-workers even more.

-m

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-04-2002 04:15 AM
Vegas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vegas Click here to Send Vegas a Private Message Find more posts by Vegas Add Vegas to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
karen
Lesser Satan

Thumbs up

lol.
that rocks.
(not the song, the dj)

Old Post 01-04-2002 04:16 AM
karen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for karen Click here to Send karen a Private Message Find more posts by karen Add karen to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rodney
It's cold down here.

any airplay is too much for pink.

Old Post 01-04-2002 04:19 AM
rodney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rodney Click here to Send rodney a Private Message Find more posts by rodney Add rodney to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
urbanjunkie

this week is very much pink-hating week.

Old Post 01-04-2002 04:25 AM
urbanjunkie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for urbanjunkie Click here to Send urbanjunkie a Private Message Find more posts by urbanjunkie Add urbanjunkie to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SocialParasite
wallet.dat is where it at

Bahahahah!

Old Post 01-04-2002 04:43 AM
SocialParasite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SocialParasite Click here to Send SocialParasite a Private Message Find more posts by SocialParasite Add SocialParasite to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coffeeman
No Comment

When I was a kid, a local radio station did that too. It was all some sort of marketing ploy, so that whenvever anyone who listened to them during those hours heard the "Happy Days" theme again they'd think of that station. They also used to pretend that they were getting their signal hijacked by a pirate radio station.

It would be nearly impossible for a DJ to be able to figure out how to start a song and not be able to stop it. I think it's either the station on a similar marketing ploy, or the DJ is fucking insane and loves pink. Anyway, I doubt it is unintentional in any case.

Old Post 01-04-2002 04:53 AM
coffeeman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coffeeman Click here to Send coffeeman a Private Message Find more posts by coffeeman Add coffeeman to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mordecai

A local station here used to do the 'pirate radio takeover' bit, pretty stupid all around except for the fact the dj's used it as an excuse to play good music. One of the rare times.

-m

Old Post 01-04-2002 06:09 AM
Mordecai is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mordecai Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Add Mordecai to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WastedPotential
sociotard

expect a format change real soon for that station.

the stations around here pull one of those two tricks whenever they do that. I can only think of a couple exceptions to the pirate radio / one song bit. and those simply changed the format and announced it a couple days ahead of time.

most recently, a classic rock station switched to an "urban" format (their label). the changeover was accompanied by two fake pirate radio personalities pretending to smoke pretend pot and pretend to forget to change the fucking song and it got really really irritating when the fucking siding guys were outside with their radio blasting "Because I Got High" at full volume ad infinitum because they thought it was real and/or funny, especially when the pretend station manager would pretend to call the pretend pirates and pretend to get mad at them.

Old Post 01-04-2002 08:19 AM
WastedPotential is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WastedPotential Click here to Send WastedPotential a Private Message Find more posts by WastedPotential Add WastedPotential to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SocialParasite
wallet.dat is where it at

One of the few decent alt. rock stations back home announced their change in format by firing the entire staff and playing the same 30 songs over and over at random.

One of the most well known personalities, Brady Goodman, was fired right at the end of his morning show. Pissed a lot of people off that there was no advanced warning about the format change/firings.

Old Post 01-04-2002 08:22 AM
SocialParasite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SocialParasite Click here to Send SocialParasite a Private Message Find more posts by SocialParasite Add SocialParasite to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WastedPotential
sociotard

i remember one station pulling a variation on the gimmick. they announced that they were switching to an all-"Louie, Louie" format. They played nothing but "Louie, Louie" covers for a week. I didn't listen for the whole week, just ten minutes or so. Then they turned into an oldies station.

Old Post 01-04-2002 08:38 AM
WastedPotential is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WastedPotential Click here to Send WastedPotential a Private Message Find more posts by WastedPotential Add WastedPotential to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Smug Git
Arrogance Personified

It ought to be pointed out again that pink is sexay.

Old Post 01-04-2002 09:07 AM
Smug Git is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Smug Git Click here to Send Smug Git a Private Message Find more posts by Smug Git Add Smug Git to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indigo
Fluffy Bunny

I love listening to college stations (actual excerpt from a college dj who stopped music to read headlines):

Today in Lebanon Moo-a, moa, Muam...muamar khaddafi....God I'm stupid.

Or on our local TV station in TOpeka, KS. THey were trying out a series of new sports reporters, and clearly they did not like this one. Former h.s. football looking guy reads nervously from his script...

"And today...the...tigers...beat...the bears...42-2"

every word stilted. sweating profusely.

AND ALL OF THE PICTURES were WRONG! you could hear the technicians laughing in the background.

It was beautiful, it was awful.

and after the report, a lovely picture of a field of wheat comes up on the screen with the weather report superimposed. Usually, music comes on, but this time, the technicians FORGOT to put the music on and you hear in the studio, "Oh boy! That was awful! I was so scared! Glad THAT"s OVER! How'd I look."

I laughed, I cried, I peed my pants.

I'd feel sad about it, but it's good. this clearly wasn't the little reporter's true calling.

Old Post 01-04-2002 05:45 PM
Indigo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indigo Click here to Send Indigo a Private Message Find more posts by Indigo Add Indigo to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote