The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > Sensory Overload > Sports Night
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
Paint CHiPs
Smartest Man in the World

Sports Night

Right off the bat, I am not a sports fan.

Most sports bore me to death. I enjoy watching boxing and catch it whenever I can, but outside of that, I NEVER watch or care about sports, don't follow them at all, and while I'll go to games, I won't pay for them. I do enjoy sports casts, though. I remember back when Keith Olberman and Dan Patterson were a pair I'd often sit in when people were watching SportsCenter just because it was amusing (though I'd never really watch it on my own).

However, I've been this last month catching late night reruns of Sports Night on Comedy Central, and I have to say I haven't seen a show I've liked this much in YEARS. I know it was an HBO show a few years ago, and I can't imagine at all why it ever got cancelled. It's engaging, smart, funny, touching, and consistent.

I literaly shout "God DAMN that's a fucking good show!" after nearly every episode.

Anybody else a fan of the show?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-18-2002 07:21 AM
Paint CHiPs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paint CHiPs Click here to Send Paint CHiPs a Private Message Visit Paint CHiPs's homepage! Find more posts by Paint CHiPs Add Paint CHiPs to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SocialParasite
wallet.dat is where it at

I seem to be watching it nightly. It's pretty good.

Old Post 01-18-2002 09:21 AM
SocialParasite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SocialParasite Click here to Send SocialParasite a Private Message Find more posts by SocialParasite Add SocialParasite to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roshigoth
The Cheesemeister

I never watched the original run. I think it's just because I thought it was a sports show, rather than a sitcom. Though I do vaguely remember a commercial where they made a Benson reference which I found amusing since I got it.

When comedy central picked it up, I watched it a few times. I quite enjoyed it, but I just don't watch much TV, and, well, I never know when the show's on so I can plan to catch it.

Pity, too, because it's a good show.

Old Post 01-18-2002 05:12 PM
Roshigoth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roshigoth Click here to Send Roshigoth a Private Message Find more posts by Roshigoth Add Roshigoth to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
raginghobo
death

I watched the original run. Some of the camera-work inspired a lot of stuff in the current season, Enterprise owes a lot to it.

That was a great show. Paint, you are far too much like me.

Old Post 01-19-2002 03:09 AM
raginghobo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for raginghobo Click here to Send raginghobo a Private Message Find more posts by raginghobo Add raginghobo to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skeet
barrel of fun

Re: Sports Night

quote:
Originally posted by Paint CHiPs
Right off the bat, I am not a sports fan.

Most sports bore me to death. I enjoy watching boxing and catch it whenever I can, but outside of that, I NEVER watch or care about sports, don't follow them at all, and while I'll go to games, I won't pay for them.

Exactly the fucking same here, even the boxing thing.

quote:
Anybody else a fan of the show?

That show has some of the best writers still alive today. Its the only "sitcom/drama-esq" type show that I actually make a point to watch. AND, the important part, its fucking funny.

Old Post 01-20-2002 05:44 PM
Skeet is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skeet Click here to Send Skeet a Private Message Find more posts by Skeet Add Skeet to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote