The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > Images Of Desanctity > Taliban go boom..?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
crazy_wacky
Dr. Lovesyrup

Taliban go boom..?

I don't know if this has been posted all ready, so I'm doing it anyway.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-31-2002 09:04 PM
crazy_wacky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for crazy_wacky Click here to Send crazy_wacky a Private Message Visit crazy_wacky's homepage! Find more posts by crazy_wacky Add crazy_wacky to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
opus
shhh,listen

i see a leg, i see an arm coolness

Old Post 01-31-2002 09:07 PM
opus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for opus Click here to Send opus a Private Message Find more posts by opus Add opus to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
euphorbia
caustic milk - hybrid

Red face

WOOOO MERSAAA!!!!

Old Post 01-31-2002 10:15 PM
euphorbia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for euphorbia Click here to Send euphorbia a Private Message Visit euphorbia's homepage! Find more posts by euphorbia Add euphorbia to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
crazy_wacky
Dr. Lovesyrup

quote:
Originally posted by euphorbia
WOOOO MERSAAA!!!!

That's about the same reaction I had when I saw it the first time.

Then I thought, "Oh my Gawd! Those are bodies!"

Old Post 01-31-2002 10:28 PM
crazy_wacky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for crazy_wacky Click here to Send crazy_wacky a Private Message Visit crazy_wacky's homepage! Find more posts by crazy_wacky Add crazy_wacky to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greenleakynipples
What a cock

I'm sorry, that answer is incorrect. According to rotten.com, those are screenshots from footage in Chechnya, or earlier Afghanistan stuff.... not clear, exactly. Here's the full text:

Numerous people have sent versions of this to us as vidcaps from a 4th Special Operations action on December 10 of last year. It is actually earlier Russian activity against Chechen rebels, and still quite spectacular. (Thanks to Anthony Knific for this information.)
Further information from Cadman:

It was Afghanistan, it is a BTR-60 armored personnel carrier, and the people on it are Afghans. That much is correct.

It was not taped as an ambush, or to record damage. It was taken, if I remember correctly, by a European news crew.

The explosion was caused by an anti-tank mine, not a bomb. You will note that after its all said and done, the bodies of the injured and dead are still mostly intact, and the vehicle is in only a couple of pieces. That is because the explosion that lifted the vehicle is only 40 pounds or so. I say "only" and "explosion" in the same sentence, because if it was a LGB, the vehicle, and the occupants/riders, and probably the cameraman would have been hamburger. The smallest LGB is about 500 pounds, and makes for a mighty kaboom. Take a look at the gulf war pics. An APC hit by 500 pounds looks like a pepsi can hit by a 12 gauge at close range.

I saw the video of this in, about 1996 or 1997, well before Chechnya, and it was in a documentary or other. I can't remember the title, but it was about the ongoing strife in the former Afghanistan, etc. etc.

They had another great one of a helicopter getting hit by an RPG as it hovered off the ground 50 feet or so. Quite the impact.

source

There are a couple more pics on the rotten page.

Leakynips.

Old Post 02-06-2002 10:20 AM
greenleakynipples is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greenleakynipples Click here to Send greenleakynipples a Private Message Visit greenleakynipples's homepage! Find more posts by greenleakynipples Add greenleakynipples to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote