The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > Advice from ye olden days
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
bunkum
Sanditon

Advice from ye olden days

Three interesting members of my too-large book collection that I was requested to share portions of...

For your enjoyment, I present selected quotes from:

Mother's Little Helper: Twelve Heart to Heart talks of a Mother and Her Daughter on the Facts of Life (there's a companion for fathers and sons called, Listen, Son...if anyone has it, please notify me if you wish to sell), Published by Franciscan Herald Press, 1955.

Plain Talks on Marriage, Published by St. Francis Book Shop, 1927 (my edition is 1956).

Plain Words Issued On A Vital Subject (part of the Diary and Memorandums for Merchants, Farmers, and Mechanics issued by The Western Medical and Surgical Institute), 1893. Funny that they use the word "issue" so much, since the subject is the evils of masturbation.

Here goes:

MLH: "It is evident, then, that marriage is not a sinecure but a serious vocation...Or what do you think is the greatest earthly happiness that comes to the girl who enters the married state?...the first sacred kiss on her chaste maiden lips?...when...she accepts her fiance's pledge of fidelity...No, my child. Neither is it the pleasure attending the marital embrace by which marriage is consummated and the marriage tie made indissoluble...Yes, dear, the supreme thrill that comes to the happily wedded wife is that which fills her soul when she clasps her first-born to her mother's breast..."

(comment...she attaches her own child to her own mother's breast? who edits this stuff anyway?)

PTAM: "Suppose you had a daughter of about twenty years who was being courted by a young man. You suddenly become aware that, since there was no prospect of an early marriage after an ardent courtship, the young people agreed to practice mutual self-abuse until the circumstances would warrant marriage and the procreaton of offspring. Would you not be terribly incensed and cry out with utmost indignation against such shocking licentiousness and depravity?"

PWOAVS: Of nervous debility (spermatorrhoea) ..."The most usual cause, by far, of this afflicting and destructive malady, is sexual exhaustion, brought on by the abuse of those functions given to us for a kindly purpose...the vicious habit of self-abuse...thoughtlessly contracted in yout, and preserved in to misery and ruin...mind, as well as body, is prostrated by its influence...The physical effects of spermatorrhoea are ubiquitous as they are distressing. The semen of its victims is expended with their urine; they have no genuine erection, and realize no peculiar sensation of pleasure."

--pervscan.com

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-03-2002 07:54 AM
bunkum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bunkum Click here to Send bunkum a Private Message Find more posts by bunkum Add bunkum to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flocat
PINKO

Re: Advice from ye olden days

quote:
Originally posted by bunkum
*snip*my too-large book collection *snip*

LIES! You can never have too many books!

Old Post 03-03-2002 08:03 AM
flocat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flocat Click here to Send flocat a Private Message Visit flocat's homepage! Find more posts by flocat Add flocat to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lu
Soul Amputated

I live life on the edge.
Masturbation IS dangerous, every night is a near fatal accident and one step closer to a nervous breakdown.
I should be dead in about twenty minutes.

Old Post 03-03-2002 09:40 AM
Lu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lu Click here to Send Lu a Private Message Find more posts by Lu Add Lu to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote