The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > Rename "The Two Towers" to Something Less Offensive Petition
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
CRSR
°Hits Moi!°

Rename "The Two Towers" to Something Less Offensive Petition

this is the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

some people are just straight out retarded.

Rename "The Two Towers"

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-02-2002 03:32 PM
CRSR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CRSR Click here to Send CRSR a Private Message Find more posts by CRSR Add CRSR to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aminal
incomplete

. Hart I think it would be best, in light of recent events, if the film was simply not shown at all. And by "recent events" I mean "that fucking awful first Lord of the Rings film."

Old Post 05-02-2002 03:41 PM
aminal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for aminal Click here to Send aminal a Private Message Find more posts by aminal Add aminal to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CRSR
°Hits Moi!°

haha

you gotta read some of the comments the people have made when signing it...

"Whoever this Tolkein guy is, he's an insensitive ashole if he's making a movie with a title like that. I'll bet he's not even American!! What gives him the right!!!!"

I wanna give that guy humor points

Old Post 05-02-2002 03:42 PM
CRSR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CRSR Click here to Send CRSR a Private Message Find more posts by CRSR Add CRSR to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nutrimentia
plata o plomo

Stupidest fucking thing I've heard in a long time. I'm so disappointed in the 1984-esque re--writing of media that erases WTC... as if that makes it better or easier to deal with??!!?? I could rant for days, but I won'T becauyse I know you all feel the same way.

right?

Old Post 05-02-2002 03:42 PM
Nutrimentia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nutrimentia Click here to Send Nutrimentia a Private Message Visit Nutrimentia's homepage! Find more posts by Nutrimentia Add Nutrimentia to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
morgana
THE Bitch

absolutely nutely.

Old Post 05-02-2002 03:54 PM
morgana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for morgana Click here to Send morgana a Private Message Visit morgana's homepage! Find more posts by morgana Add morgana to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
euphorbia
caustic milk - hybrid

quote:
Originally posted by CRSR
haha

you gotta read some of the comments the people have made when signing it...

"Whoever this Tolkein guy is, he's an insensitive ashole if he's making a movie with a title like that. I'll bet he's not even American!! What gives him the right!!!!"

I wanna give that guy humor points

Oh god it makes my stomach hurt...

Old Post 05-02-2002 03:57 PM
euphorbia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for euphorbia Click here to Send euphorbia a Private Message Visit euphorbia's homepage! Find more posts by euphorbia Add euphorbia to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
geaeslore
fallen mathlete

Wow, I sometimes forget how stupid common people can be, then I see something like this and I am brought horribly back to reality.

How can any idiot actually believe that a fantasy adventure novel written 50+ years ago (before the NYC towers were even built) would have a title that has anything to do with 9/11?

Leave the title, anyone who should see the movie will not be stupid enough to mistake the reference.

Oh, and animal, the first LotR film kicked ass!

Old Post 05-02-2002 06:36 PM
geaeslore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for geaeslore Click here to Send geaeslore a Private Message Find more posts by geaeslore Add geaeslore to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skalie
Locksmith of Lurve

Rename it to "Twin Towers".

Old Post 05-02-2002 06:41 PM
skalie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skalie Click here to Send skalie a Private Message Find more posts by skalie Add skalie to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHiPsJr
Ginger-headed Troll

I have to imagine that this petition is a parody. Nobody on earth could possibly be this dumb.

I, myself, think the film should be called "NYPD/Firefighter Snuff-o-Rama."

Old Post 05-02-2002 06:44 PM
CHiPsJr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHiPsJr Click here to Send CHiPsJr a Private Message Find more posts by CHiPsJr Add CHiPsJr to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wonderaz
Sarky Bastard

This is my favorite reply.
"I think it would be best, in light of recent events, if the film was simply not shown at all. And by "recent events" I mean that fucking awful first Lord of the Rings film."
Bahahahahaha

Old Post 05-02-2002 07:15 PM
wonderaz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wonderaz Click here to Send wonderaz a Private Message Visit wonderaz's homepage! Find more posts by wonderaz Add wonderaz to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wonderaz
Sarky Bastard

113. Sigmund Wonder Oh thank you so much for this. Those shameless moneymongers care for nothing but themselves. Baby Jesus cries every day because of them. Every single day. Could you please start a petition to stop those fascist police from using 911 as their phone number too? That is also something that bothers me.

We will see if they approve my comment.

Old Post 05-02-2002 07:28 PM
wonderaz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wonderaz Click here to Send wonderaz a Private Message Visit wonderaz's homepage! Find more posts by wonderaz Add wonderaz to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
twelvefoot
professional vagrant

i have an idea...how about we just get rid of the whole movie..
i mean it's just a fucking stupid story for collector nerds, and dnd freaks...
i think that would solve more then, fighting off the polictly correct fucks...

there is your manner, what you wear
your dieases that don't repair
all your belongings, please don't share
nothing is going on in there...

..fugazi..

Old Post 05-02-2002 07:49 PM
twelvefoot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for twelvefoot Click here to Send twelvefoot a Private Message Find more posts by twelvefoot Add twelvefoot to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fiend
Medically crazy

that last post and that petition make me wanna:

"We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it." -Douglas Adams

Old Post 05-02-2002 07:51 PM
Fiend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fiend Click here to Send Fiend a Private Message Find more posts by Fiend Add Fiend to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Erinity
Fluffy Bunny

'you should not make that the title you capitalistic fuck face' hehehehe

i also find the many 'false entry voided' comments amusing. there is probably about 10 real entries.

Old Post 05-02-2002 07:53 PM
Erinity is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Erinity Click here to Send Erinity a Private Message Find more posts by Erinity Add Erinity to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paint CHiPs
Smartest Man in the World

quote:
Originally posted by AlcoholSoopaFiend
that last post and that petition make me wanna:

Dammit fiend, no matter what song I'm listening to that gif fits the beat.

*me and Reagan groove out to Robin Trower -- Black Betty*

Bam ba lam.

Old Post 05-02-2002 10:05 PM
Paint CHiPs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paint CHiPs Click here to Send Paint CHiPs a Private Message Visit Paint CHiPs's homepage! Find more posts by Paint CHiPs Add Paint CHiPs to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goatboy
the anticlimax

I think in the film Sauron should have a long beard and a turban.

Old Post 05-02-2002 10:19 PM
Goatboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goatboy Click here to Send Goatboy a Private Message Find more posts by Goatboy Add Goatboy to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtal Confusion
Piss off Grandad.

The very idea that this petition is serious has forced my bollocks to pack their bags and move to Austria. Probably to form a folk band. Again.

Oh, and I may as well make an obligatory "Hello, I'm new" comment or something.

Hello, I'm new.

Old Post 05-03-2002 12:39 AM
Xtal Confusion is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtal Confusion Click here to Send Xtal Confusion a Private Message Find more posts by Xtal Confusion Add Xtal Confusion to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
geaeslore
fallen mathlete

quote:
Originally posted by twelvefoot
i have an idea...how about we just get rid of the whole movie..
i mean it's just a fucking stupid story for collector nerds, and dnd freaks...
i think that would solve more then, fighting off the polictly correct fucks...

Don't get rid of the movie, it's a damn good story and I am quite looking forward to this next installment.

And as for the nerd remark, well, the movie is for geeks to you silly little fuck

Old Post 05-03-2002 01:33 AM
geaeslore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for geaeslore Click here to Send geaeslore a Private Message Find more posts by geaeslore Add geaeslore to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bunkum
Sanditon

If it's any consolation, when a production company was looking around for partners and such to film Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice in 1995, they were asked by one company, "Will the author be available for book signings?"

--pervscan.com

Old Post 05-03-2002 01:34 AM
bunkum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bunkum Click here to Send bunkum a Private Message Find more posts by bunkum Add bunkum to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roshigoth
The Cheesemeister

This amuses me to no end.

Old Post 05-03-2002 02:45 AM
Roshigoth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roshigoth Click here to Send Roshigoth a Private Message Find more posts by Roshigoth Add Roshigoth to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fellatious Crumb
Adorable Pussycat

Using that logic, there should be a petition by every woman I'm going to sleep with to get me to stop calling my cock the Tower of Power.

--Fellatious Crumb--
And a guy with two dicks would be doubly offensive.

Old Post 05-03-2002 03:21 AM
Fellatious Crumb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fellatious Crumb Click here to Send Fellatious Crumb a Private Message Visit Fellatious Crumb's homepage! Find more posts by Fellatious Crumb Add Fellatious Crumb to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bunkum
Sanditon

quote:
Originally posted by Fellatious Crumb
Using that logic, there should be a petition by every woman I'm going to sleep with to get me to stop calling my cock the Tower of Power.

I suspect this is a non-issue.

--pervscan.com

Old Post 05-03-2002 03:37 AM
bunkum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bunkum Click here to Send bunkum a Private Message Find more posts by bunkum Add bunkum to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fellatious Crumb
Adorable Pussycat

quote:
I suspect this is a non-issue.

Due to the fact that I don't call my penis The Tower of Power. Ah, you've caught me.

--Fellatious Crumb--
I actually call it the Afghani Terror 'Shroom or on occasion The Turban-Headed Yogurt-Slinger.

Old Post 05-03-2002 03:50 AM
Fellatious Crumb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fellatious Crumb Click here to Send Fellatious Crumb a Private Message Visit Fellatious Crumb's homepage! Find more posts by Fellatious Crumb Add Fellatious Crumb to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Buried Life
lurks.

I find the petition funny because the person obviously doesn't know that the movie was based off of books...

"When I learned that there apparently was to be a sequel, I was overjoyed. However, Peter Jackson has decided to tastelessly name the sequel "The Two Towers". "

Dumb.
Ass.

Old Post 05-03-2002 03:54 AM
The Buried Life is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Buried Life Click here to Send The Buried Life a Private Message Find more posts by The Buried Life Add The Buried Life to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Postmodgirl
quivering arshle

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
oh jeez

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
this is the best Petition EVER!!!

and her's something else I love about it 737.
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided _
false entry voided

HAH!

love-this.

Old Post 05-03-2002 04:05 AM
Postmodgirl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Postmodgirl Click here to Send Postmodgirl a Private Message Visit Postmodgirl's homepage! Find more posts by Postmodgirl Add Postmodgirl to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote