The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > fat
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
Princess_Heather
long gone

fat

It's not what you eat.

It's why you eat.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-12-2002 01:45 AM
Princess_Heather is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Princess_Heather Click here to Send Princess_Heather a Private Message Find more posts by Princess_Heather Add Princess_Heather to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
morgana
THE Bitch

stupidity

it's not what you post.

it's why you post.

-----------------------
(i just couldn't resist. this is not a dig at you, heather.)

Old Post 06-12-2002 01:46 AM
morgana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for morgana Click here to Send morgana a Private Message Visit morgana's homepage! Find more posts by morgana Add morgana to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goatboy
the anticlimax

Re: fat

quote:
Originally posted by Princess_Heather
It's not what you eat.

It's why you eat.

It's not what you eat.

It's how much you eat.

Old Post 06-12-2002 01:47 AM
Goatboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goatboy Click here to Send Goatboy a Private Message Find more posts by Goatboy Add Goatboy to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mudded
+/-?

happy 1.5k PH...

oh and it is not why you eat but who you eat
If it cant vote... it is food

Old Post 06-12-2002 01:47 AM
mudded is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mudded Click here to Send mudded a Private Message Visit mudded's homepage! Find more posts by mudded Add mudded to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flocat
PINKO

quote:
It's not what you eat.

It's why you eat.

So, what the hell is that gelatinous stuff I trim off my steak and set aside to eat once the meat is consumed? I thought it was fat...and tasty. mmmm, steak fat.

Old Post 06-12-2002 01:49 AM
flocat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flocat Click here to Send flocat a Private Message Visit flocat's homepage! Find more posts by flocat Add flocat to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mordecai

I'm fat.

-m

Old Post 06-12-2002 01:52 AM
Mordecai is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mordecai Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Add Mordecai to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Princess_Heather
long gone

Re: Re: fat

quote:
Originally posted by Goatboy

It's not what you eat.

It's how much you eat.

why would a person overeat?

Old Post 06-12-2002 01:53 AM
Princess_Heather is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Princess_Heather Click here to Send Princess_Heather a Private Message Find more posts by Princess_Heather Add Princess_Heather to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
endless mike
can't find penis

Princess Heather = Weird Al Yankovich?

Old Post 06-12-2002 01:57 AM
endless mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for endless mike Click here to Send endless mike a Private Message Find more posts by endless mike Add endless mike to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
morgana
THE Bitch

Re: Re: Re: fat

quote:

why would a person overeat?

because it tastes good?

because they're bored?

because the alien inside their tummy told them to?

Old Post 06-12-2002 01:58 AM
morgana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for morgana Click here to Send morgana a Private Message Visit morgana's homepage! Find more posts by morgana Add morgana to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Princess_Heather
long gone

My point exactly morgana - you catch on quickly.

Old Post 06-12-2002 01:59 AM
morgana
THE Bitch

they told me i was the smartest one on the short bus.

*flexes*

Old Post 06-12-2002 02:00 AM
Goatboy
the anticlimax

PH has had a humour bypass.

Old Post 06-12-2002 02:02 AM
Goatboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goatboy Click here to Send Goatboy a Private Message Find more posts by Goatboy Add Goatboy to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Princess_Heather
long gone

Eat only when you are truly hungry. Eat what your body needs, not what your mind or emotions need. Eat what appeals to you. Stop when you begin to feel full. Get moderate exercise. You will never have a weight problem. You will never develop an eating disorder.

Old Post 06-12-2002 02:02 AM
Princess_Heather
long gone

Even smarter than the busdriver?

Old Post 06-12-2002 02:03 AM
morgana
THE Bitch

quote:
Eat only when you are truly hungry. Eat what your body needs, not what your mind or emotions need. Eat what appeals to you. Stop when you begin to feel full. Get moderate exercise. You will never have a weight problem. You will never develop an eating disorder.

um...i'm sorry, but i think this is a load of crap.

"eat what your body needs, not what your mind or emotions need"

"eat what appeals to you"

don't both of those statements contradict each other?

and there are some people who could follow this advice faithfully and still gain weight. why? because there isn't just one answer for everyone in the world.

Old Post 06-12-2002 02:05 AM
Pogue Mahone
Angel down we go together

Yes there is.

And that answer is Jesus.

Old Post 06-12-2002 02:07 AM
Pogue Mahone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pogue Mahone Click here to Send Pogue Mahone a Private Message Find more posts by Pogue Mahone Add Pogue Mahone to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
morgana
THE Bitch

*snicker*

point for you!

Old Post 06-12-2002 02:08 AM
Princess_Heather
long gone

quote:
Originally posted by morgana

um...i'm sorry, but i think this is a load of crap.

"eat what your body needs, not what your mind or emotions need"

"eat what appeals to you"

don't both of those statements contradict each other?

and there are some people who could follow this advice faithfully and still gain weight. why? because there isn't just one answer for everyone in the world.

No

Instinct is a powerful thing. All you have to do is listen. Your body will tell you what is needed.

When I'm low in iron - steak sounds pretty good. When my blood sugar drops too low I crave sweets. If I haven't had enough calcium I prefer dairy products.

Your body is designed to get you what is needed nutritionally.

Last edited by Princess_Heather on 06-12-2002 at 02:14 AM

Old Post 06-12-2002 02:10 AM
Princess_Heather
long gone

Yes there are SOME people who have metabolic disorders or diabetes that this does not apply to. A lot of those people developed the metabolic disorders from dieting or not listening to their bodies in the first place. These people lose the sensations of hunger and fullness.

Obeisity is an autoexacerbating disease.

Last edited by Princess_Heather on 06-12-2002 at 02:18 AM

Old Post 06-12-2002 02:11 AM
morgana
THE Bitch

quote:

When I'm low in iron - stake sounds pretty good. When my blood sugar drops too low I crave sweets. If I haven't had enough calcium I prefer dairy products.

then explain why a child will eat cookies all day long and ignore their broccoli. if you gave each person a choice, they would eat whatever tastes good. people only eat nutritious foods because they're taught at a young age that they need to eat them in order to grow big and strong. propoganda teaches us to eat healthy, not our bodies. most nutritious substances (broccoli, green beans, spinach) don't taste nearly as good as a chocolate cake.

Your body is designed to get you what is needed nutritionally.

read my above post.

Old Post 06-12-2002 02:16 AM
Goatboy
the anticlimax

Actually our bodies do tell us what to eat.

Weird hunger cravings in pregnant women are a good example of this.

Old Post 06-12-2002 02:22 AM
Trollstoy
Rack the Trolls™!

Vapid.

It's what you are.

Old Post 06-12-2002 02:26 AM
Trollstoy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trollstoy Click here to Send Trollstoy a Private Message Find more posts by Trollstoy Add Trollstoy to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Princess_Heather
long gone

quote:
Originally posted by morgana
?

I've known children to pass up the cookies and chose fruit instead. I've given my nephew an open bag of candy - he'll eat a few pieces and stop. Children are growing. They crave fat and sugar because that is what they need. If any child over does it on the sweets it is because of that need. When the child gets older, stops growing and does not need the high calorie diet it grew up on, it will naturally be less attracted to sugars. Children/people who remain sweet toothed are attracted to the pleasure they get from eating it, not the actual sugar. Eating fills a void. They are attracted to the pleasure of eating sweets because they have been their entire lives. They eat because it tastes good, and that makes them feel good. They have used food for pleasure, for reward, for celebration, not for what it is intended, life.

Old Post 06-12-2002 02:26 AM
morgana
THE Bitch

i agree to an extent. i just don't think that telling people "eat what appeals to you" is going to keep them from gaining weight, or even straighten out their diet. people like fattening foods. i looove french fries. i never get tired of them. in high school, i once went an entire month eating homead french fries after school every day. the only reason i didn't keep going was because my mother stopped buying potatoes.

explain to me why i didn't crave any other vegetables? i DO get cravings every now and again for an apple, or a greek salad (mmm...feta cheese), but i think that for the most part, telling people to rely on their instincts in order to sort out their diet is like giving them an excuse to balloon up even further.

Old Post 06-12-2002 02:27 AM
Princess_Heather
long gone

quote:
Originally posted by Goatboy
Actually our bodies do tell us what to eat.

Weird hunger cravings in pregnant women are a good example of this.

*winks*

One more thing.

I piece of candy tasts A LOT sweeter and is more satisfying to a 3 year old than it is an adult.

Old Post 06-12-2002 02:28 AM