The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > if you had to....
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
SatansLeftHand
buttercup

if you had to....

...jump out of a burning building from, say, 110 stories up, how would you do it?

i'd go out headfirst in that posture that skydivers use to speed up. i'd also dolphin-kick all the way down, because for some reason, that lets you get above normal terminal velocity.

(yes, this is inspired by the 'falling chick' thread)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-20-2002 12:48 AM
SatansLeftHand is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SatansLeftHand Click here to Send SatansLeftHand a Private Message Find more posts by SatansLeftHand Add SatansLeftHand to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goatboy
the anticlimax

I'd jump down, floor by floor.

Old Post 09-20-2002 01:00 AM
Goatboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goatboy Click here to Send Goatboy a Private Message Find more posts by Goatboy Add Goatboy to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goatboy
the anticlimax

Or I'd find a fire hose and do something like wotshisface did in Die Hard.

Old Post 09-20-2002 01:01 AM
Goatboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goatboy Click here to Send Goatboy a Private Message Find more posts by Goatboy Add Goatboy to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JoeyCat
Felis Dominatus

I'd never go in a building over 3 stories tall

Old Post 09-20-2002 01:22 AM
JoeyCat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JoeyCat Click here to Send JoeyCat a Private Message Find more posts by JoeyCat Add JoeyCat to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DevilMoon
passive stalker?

i'd do it in a way that could be easily sculpted

Old Post 09-20-2002 06:48 AM
DevilMoon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DevilMoon Click here to Send DevilMoon a Private Message Find more posts by DevilMoon Add DevilMoon to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fiend
Medically crazy

I'd make an impromptu cape.

"We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it." -Douglas Adams

Old Post 09-20-2002 06:57 AM
Fiend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fiend Click here to Send Fiend a Private Message Find more posts by Fiend Add Fiend to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rodney
It's cold down here.

uh..

with as many motherfuckers as I could take with me?

Old Post 09-20-2002 07:11 AM
rodney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rodney Click here to Send rodney a Private Message Find more posts by rodney Add rodney to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buddha's penis
has it all

one fist out in front, like superman.
i was thinking once that it would be really funny to dress a guy up in a superman costume, chain a green rock around his neck, and throw him off a building.

Old Post 09-20-2002 07:18 AM
buddha's penis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buddha's penis Click here to Send buddha's penis a Private Message Find more posts by buddha's penis Add buddha's penis to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tray
confidence trickster

I'd masturbate till the moment *right* before climax and then jump - I'd imagine it would be one hell of an ejaculation. And all those good chemicals flowing around the brain would make the coming fate much more acceptable

Last edited by Tray on 09-20-2002 at 06:29 PM

Old Post 09-20-2002 05:13 PM
Tray is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tray Click here to Send Tray a Private Message Visit Tray's homepage! Find more posts by Tray Add Tray to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mugtoe
Scarred for Life

that's cumming fate

Old Post 09-20-2002 05:17 PM
Mugtoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mugtoe Click here to Send Mugtoe a Private Message Find more posts by Mugtoe Add Mugtoe to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dacarlo
ex-member

I'd throw my co-workers out the window till there was a pile big enough to walk down.

Old Post 09-20-2002 06:11 PM
Dacarlo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dacarlo Find more posts by Dacarlo Add Dacarlo to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pinecrika
Muffer's He-beast

quote:
Originally posted by Buddha's Penis!

i was thinking once that it would be really funny to dress a guy up in a superman costume, chain a green rock around his neck, and throw him off a building.

Now that's pretty funny. I got a chuckle outta that.

Jedihound has got to be the winner though, I think if I had to jump, I'm fucking my fist on the way down.

Old Post 09-20-2002 06:12 PM
Pinecrika is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pinecrika Click here to Send Pinecrika a Private Message Find more posts by Pinecrika Add Pinecrika to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tack
jackaroo

i'd make like i was swimming all the way down, just so people that saw me fall could have a good laugh

Old Post 09-20-2002 06:25 PM
tack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tack Click here to Send tack a Private Message Find more posts by tack Add tack to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
slight
long pig

I would construct a hang glider, Macguyver style, out of staples, rubber bands, paperclips and other assorted office supplies.

Old Post 09-20-2002 08:34 PM
slight is offline Click Here to See the Profile for slight Click here to Send slight a Private Message Visit slight's homepage! Find more posts by slight Add slight to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zornkugel
Absentee

Headfirst. Since I wouldn't survive anyway, it would make for a more interesting view.

Old Post 09-20-2002 08:39 PM
zornkugel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zornkugel Click here to Send zornkugel a Private Message Find more posts by zornkugel Add zornkugel to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oracular_Jinx
Contents under pressure

I'll let you know after I jump out of a plane in the next couple of weeks

I probably would just shoot feet first straight down. Not too original, I know... but realistically I doubt I would do anything else...

Wasn't the "real" answer to try to stay alive revealed in Worst Case Scenario?

Old Post 09-20-2002 09:11 PM
Oracular_Jinx is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Oracular_Jinx Click here to Send Oracular_Jinx a Private Message Visit Oracular_Jinx's homepage! Find more posts by Oracular_Jinx Add Oracular_Jinx to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greenleakynipples
What a cock

From 110 stories, there is no "try to stay alive." But if you were from lower, you'd try to land on your back (slightly arched), to disperse the force of impact over the maximum area possibly.

I think I'd get a running start, yell "CAAANNNNNNOOOONNNNBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAALLL!" as a fell, with my arms wrapped around my legs tucked up to my chest.

Old Post 09-20-2002 09:15 PM
greenleakynipples is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greenleakynipples Click here to Send greenleakynipples a Private Message Visit greenleakynipples's homepage! Find more posts by greenleakynipples Add greenleakynipples to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pinecrika
Muffer's He-beast

And aim for the cop car.

Old Post 09-20-2002 10:16 PM
Pinecrika is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pinecrika Click here to Send Pinecrika a Private Message Find more posts by Pinecrika Add Pinecrika to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SocialParasite
wallet.dat is where it at

I'd strip buck naked and take a shit on the way down. You know, for added squish.

Old Post 09-20-2002 10:23 PM
SocialParasite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SocialParasite Click here to Send SocialParasite a Private Message Find more posts by SocialParasite Add SocialParasite to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pinecrika
Muffer's He-beast

The turd would be traveling at the same rate you were, but at least you'd have some company on the way down.

Old Post 09-20-2002 10:25 PM
SocialParasite

Imagine the poor bastard that would get an eye full of my shi, though?

"What the hell is that?" SPLAT!!

Old Post 09-20-2002 10:28 PM
SocialParasite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SocialParasite Click here to Send SocialParasite a Private Message Find more posts by SocialParasite Add SocialParasite to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pinecrika
Muffer's He-beast

Thats a great mental image. At that velocity, would a big, hot, sloppy, ploppy do any damage to someone? I'd hate to go out by having a peice of shit go through my skull.

Old Post 09-20-2002 10:33 PM
SocialParasite

I think at that velocity it would if it were a pretty solid piece of stool. A big wet poopy would still cause damage, I suppose, but it would just splashy splatter.

Old Post 09-20-2002 10:55 PM
Aydin
El Fugaz

I'd rather burn. Wait, no I wouldn't. But I sure wouldn't want to jump. Jesus, I can't believe I saw all those people jumping. I guess I'm not ready to make jokes about it yet. Carry on.

Old Post 09-20-2002 11:01 PM
Aydin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Aydin Click here to Send Aydin a Private Message Find more posts by Aydin Add Aydin to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sister machine gun
perfectly sane.

Id wrap myself in 50 feet of bubble wrap, wear a helmet(and kneepads. and elbow pads.), hope for the best, and aim for the fattest guy on the ground. Unless the magic faerie of fluffy pillows and billowy mattresses hooks me up.

if i know crazy .

Old Post 09-21-2002 02:29 AM
sister machine gun is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sister machine gun Click here to Send sister machine gun a Private Message Find more posts by sister machine gun Add sister machine gun to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote