The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > WIT - Whore Institute of Technology > Windows shell replacements
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
SocialParasite
wallet.dat is where it at

Windows shell replacements

Explorer got boring, and the cutesy XP look got irritating.

I want a new shell.

I've been using LiteStep lately, but the whole community is far too fragmented and the OTS they're trying to use is, to me, a major headache (although it is a step in the right direction).

I gave GeoShell a try, and boy are they right when they say that it's the ultimate in minimalism. Waaaay too minimalistic for me.

So, what's a good shell replacement?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-16-2002 07:06 AM
SocialParasite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SocialParasite Click here to Send SocialParasite a Private Message Find more posts by SocialParasite Add SocialParasite to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Wraith
Sergeant of Marines

The way you seem to "go through operating systems" so quickly, without even brushing the surface of the underlying technologies - I would not wish you upon any additional, unsuspecting OSes. It's just plain heart wrenching. How long did you use OS "xyz"? A week? How long did you use "123"?, a few days? You're a god damned OS abuser! Learn to get to actually understand the frickin' things. You ...you...user.

Attachment: appleadcrackborrow20.jpg
This has been downloaded 208 time(s).

Old Post 10-16-2002 07:13 AM
The Wraith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Wraith Click here to Send The Wraith a Private Message Find more posts by The Wraith Add The Wraith to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SocialParasite

And what does that have to do with a Windows shell replacement, Wraith?

I'm not looking for another OS (I'm happy with my XP/Mandrake right now). I'm looking for a SHELL REPLACEMENT.

I can't believe I even just read the above post from you, Wraith.

Old Post 10-16-2002 07:01 PM
SocialParasite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SocialParasite Click here to Send SocialParasite a Private Message Find more posts by SocialParasite Add SocialParasite to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Wraith
Sergeant of Marines

Very little. I just wanted to use that image. I have a lot to go through that have been sitting on my HD.

Old Post 10-16-2002 08:30 PM
The Wraith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Wraith Click here to Send The Wraith a Private Message Find more posts by The Wraith Add The Wraith to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SocialParasite

Oh, well, in that case . . . carry on.

Ellen Feiss is reason enough for me to switch to the Apple. But only if they promise I can hit that shit all night long.

Old Post 10-17-2002 05:08 AM