The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > Polěticŕs der Mondé > Was Hitler Human? Controversial New Movie.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
Whitey Bulger
Adorable Pussycat

Was Hitler Human? Controversial New Movie.

Greetings!

Check out the trailer and the buzz on this new movie "Max":

Seems like it might be interesting.

movies.go.com/movies/M/max_2002/

www.salon.com/ent/movies/...09/cusack/

Regards,
Whitey Bulger

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-27-2002 03:07 AM
Whitey Bulger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Whitey Bulger Find more posts by Whitey Bulger Add Whitey Bulger to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goatboy
the anticlimax

I want Cornelius to direct a film in which all the Nazi's are Jews, rounding up arabs and putting them into camps and exterminating them wholesale.

Bit of a niche market, I think CNN already has it wrapped up.

Old Post 12-27-2002 03:55 PM
Goatboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goatboy Click here to Send Goatboy a Private Message Find more posts by Goatboy Add Goatboy to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aydin
El Fugaz

I'd pay €10 to see that.

Old Post 12-27-2002 04:05 PM
Aydin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Aydin Click here to Send Aydin a Private Message Find more posts by Aydin Add Aydin to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goatboy
the anticlimax

Looks like his budget for the movie has just been set then.

Old Post 12-27-2002 09:20 PM
Goatboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goatboy Click here to Send Goatboy a Private Message Find more posts by Goatboy Add Goatboy to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mudded
+/-?

Of course he was human...

I dislike the demonizing of humans, even when they commit henious atrocities.

In my book, there are no evil humans. Evil resides in the act, not the person. Im quite sure that Osama bin Laden is(was?) a loving father and a good friend to some. All dictators, murderers, rapists etc, etc have redeeming qualities. They are much more than the content of their labels... even if we often dont see it that way.

That doesnt mean that criminals shouldnt be punished. I just think it important to appreciate what humans are, and especially arent.

When acts (especially when conducted between groups or populations) are evil is very much in the eye of the beholder.

the examples are legio

Old Post 12-31-2002 09:04 PM
mudded is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mudded Click here to Send mudded a Private Message Visit mudded's homepage! Find more posts by mudded Add mudded to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Whitey Bulger
Adorable Pussycat

Greetings!

"Eye of the beholder"?

Well, most eyes would consider Adolf Hitler to fall into the "evil as they come" category.

Though I heard he was fond of dogs.

Regards,
Whitey Bulger

Old Post 01-01-2003 01:19 AM
Whitey Bulger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Whitey Bulger Find more posts by Whitey Bulger Add Whitey Bulger to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zim
-

The demonization of men due to their actions is counter productive. It breeds an opinion that these beings who could perpetrate such atrocities are not human.

We need to realize that the opposite is true. They are human. It is possible for a humanbeing to breed such intense hatred. That being the case it is possible for MAN to destroy MAN. It has been happening for years, and it will continue to happen unless man choses to stop.

When we dissassociate these genocide capable men with the human race, we abandon all hope of learning of the potential of the human being. In doing so, we abandon hope of learning how to successfully stop ourselves and those like us from commiting such acts.

So in answer to the original question, yes, Hitler was a man.

Old Post 01-01-2003 02:28 AM
zim is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zim Click here to Send zim a Private Message Find more posts by zim Add zim to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Whitey Bulger
Adorable Pussycat

Greetings!

My original post merely paraphrased the Jewish Defense League, and others, critism of the movie.

By the way, I've recently heard that the JDL changed it's tune (after it's "film reviewer" actually watched the movie).

Regards,
Whitey Bulger

Old Post 01-01-2003 02:59 AM