The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > Sensory Overload > 50 Cent: WHY???
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
Vegas
15 = micropenis

50 Cent: WHY???

Someone explain to me why the hell he's so huge already. He mumbles his words and nothing I've heard by him has really impressed me. Sure, "In Da Club" is a huge hit, but that does not justify him selling 800000+ copies in a single week.

so what if I live with 5 or 6 people who play 50 Cent all day....

Your whole "I dress like an office drone and act respectable and then sit on forum where we discuss urethra fucking and public torture" bit still creeps me out. I bet it would creep out your co-workers even more.

-m

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-19-2003 06:01 PM
Vegas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vegas Click here to Send Vegas a Private Message Find more posts by Vegas Add Vegas to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
urbanjunkie

music for the ten second generation.

Old Post 02-19-2003 06:25 PM
urbanjunkie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for urbanjunkie Click here to Send urbanjunkie a Private Message Find more posts by urbanjunkie Add urbanjunkie to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paint CHiPs
Smartest Man in the World

It's amazing to me how quickly people can become mega-rich and famous. I haven't heard of the guy until a few days ago, and apparantly he's the most famous person in the history of humankind. Or something.

Flash in a pan, is my guess.

(oh, and his music sucks too)

Old Post 02-19-2003 09:27 PM
Paint CHiPs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paint CHiPs Click here to Send Paint CHiPs a Private Message Visit Paint CHiPs's homepage! Find more posts by Paint CHiPs Add Paint CHiPs to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
urbanjunkie

wanksta? more like wank stain.

Old Post 02-19-2003 10:42 PM
urbanjunkie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for urbanjunkie Click here to Send urbanjunkie a Private Message Find more posts by urbanjunkie Add urbanjunkie to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vegas
15 = micropenis

Second week of release of his new album, sales top 800000 copies again. He's sold about 1.7 million copies of that album in 2 weeks. He has TWO hits... and only one of them is on this album! What I really don't get is how Nelly's new album didn't do as well when it opened. I mean, Nelly had two top-10 hits on his previous album ("EI" only made the top-20), an album which sold about 8 million copies, and he was destorying everyone with "Hot in Herre" at #1 for like 3 months, yet 50 Cent outdoes him with one song? Come the fuck on America!

i mean if you're gonna buy shitty music, have some sort of consistency, y'know?

Your whole "I dress like an office drone and act respectable and then sit on forum where we discuss urethra fucking and public torture" bit still creeps me out. I bet it would creep out your co-workers even more.

-m

Old Post 02-20-2003 01:25 AM
Vegas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vegas Click here to Send Vegas a Private Message Find more posts by Vegas Add Vegas to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
karen
Lesser Satan

we've sold out of his album 4 times at my store(its only been a week).

Old Post 02-20-2003 02:11 AM
karen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for karen Click here to Send karen a Private Message Find more posts by karen Add karen to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fiend
Medically crazy

WTF?! I hate that guy. The end of the world must be near.

"We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it." -Douglas Adams

Old Post 02-20-2003 04:32 AM
Fiend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fiend Click here to Send Fiend a Private Message Find more posts by Fiend Add Fiend to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
urbanjunkie

haha, yeah. what fiend said.

Old Post 02-20-2003 04:47 AM
karen
Lesser Satan

If its any consolation, half of the women who buy the album look at the cover and go "DAMN, HE'S UGLY!".
So its not sex-appeal selling the albums.
I honestly havent heard any of his music(and dont listen to the radio/watch tv), so I cant make any calls on it.

my best guess is that hes popular because hes a close friend of eminem.

Old Post 02-20-2003 05:02 AM
karen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for karen Click here to Send karen a Private Message Find more posts by karen Add karen to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flocat
PINKO

i was teaching the remedial class today. it meets afterschool. my classroom is by the access road. some guy drove by in his car pumping some loud noise from his car. i said, "oh, what is that awful music?" some of my students agreed by saying similar things. then, there were others that said, "aw man, you can't say that...that's the dawg right there. that's fitty cent, yo!" i said, "it's a good thing you don't get graded on your ear for music." i hadn't heard of this "fitty cent" guy until today. i hope he goes away.

Old Post 02-20-2003 05:37 AM
flocat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flocat Click here to Send flocat a Private Message Visit flocat's homepage! Find more posts by flocat Add flocat to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pj
Captain America

quote:
Originally posted by flocat
i was teaching the remedial class today. it meets afterschool. my classroom is by the access road. some guy drove by in his car pumping some loud noise from his car. i said, "oh, what is that awful music?" some of my students agreed by saying similar things. then, there were others that said, "aw man, you can't say that...that's the dawg right there. that's fitty cent, yo!" i said, "it's a good thing you don't get graded on your ear for music." i hadn't heard of this "fitty cent" guy until today. i hope he goes away.

you made me laugh. well done.

Old Post 02-21-2003 02:47 PM
pj is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pj Click here to Send pj a Private Message Visit pj's homepage! Find more posts by pj Add pj to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kayla

AHHH!! one of his mtv special things was on tv the other night and they highlighted teh fact that he was shot like 9 times a few weeks ago. unfortunately he lived

Old Post 03-05-2003 05:17 AM
Kayla is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kayla Click here to Send Kayla a Private Message Find more posts by Kayla Add Kayla to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SocialParasite
wallet.dat is where it at

It's called "marketing" folks. Get used to it.

Go. Go. Go. Go. Go. Go. Go. It's your birhtday.

I hate 50 Cent. I hate rap. Death to rap.

Old Post 03-05-2003 05:29 AM
SocialParasite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SocialParasite Click here to Send SocialParasite a Private Message Find more posts by SocialParasite Add SocialParasite to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paint CHiPs
Smartest Man in the World

quote:
Originally posted by Kayla
AHHH!! one of his mtv special things was on tv the other night and they highlighted teh fact that he was shot like 9 times a few weeks ago. unfortunately he lived

They've been playing that thing for weeks now. The shooting incident took place like a year ago, I think.

The best was when the interviewer asked "You were shot twice in the mouth, did that affect your rapping at all?"

To which 50 Cent and myself, simultaneously, replied: "Uhhh. No."

Old Post 03-05-2003 08:26 AM
Paint CHiPs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paint CHiPs Click here to Send Paint CHiPs a Private Message Visit Paint CHiPs's homepage! Find more posts by Paint CHiPs Add Paint CHiPs to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dingle
Gay for Mugtoe

this is the music forum, not the crap forum, people. Since we dont have a crap forum, take this crap to bet.com or something.

Old Post 03-05-2003 08:34 AM
Dingle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dingle Click here to Send Dingle a Private Message Find more posts by Dingle Add Dingle to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vegas
15 = micropenis

quote:
Originally posted by Dingle
this is the music forum, not the crap forum, people. Since we dont have a crap forum, take this crap to bet.com or something.

YOU should be taken to bet.com, boyeeeee!

-m

Old Post 03-05-2003 03:51 PM