The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > Sensory Overload > Chitose Hajime
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
Nutrimentia
plata o plomo

Music Chitose Hajime

Any ever hear of this girl? Okinawan singer. I didn't like her voice the first few times I heard it, as she sings into a warbling falsetto range sometimes. Then I heard her sing "Somewhere over the rainbow" and was hooked. I got her album Hainumikaze (Somewhere isn't on it ) and really dig her voice.

The only two vocalists I really care for are Norah Jones and this girl. Dont' get me wrong, their vocal styles and music are very very different. But I figured I'd post a couple tracks and see if anyone else likes her.

It's in Japanese, but that shouldn't matter.

Track #2 Wadatsuminoki Her first single, I think. Good intro to her singing style.

Track #4 Hikaru*kaigara A simple song musicially that highlights her voice. I think the emotion that flows here is impressive.

Track #8 The Flu A pretty powerful song vocally.

These were her first three singles. If anyone likes what htey hear here, I'll post the rest of the album.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-07-2003 12:41 AM
Nutrimentia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nutrimentia Click here to Send Nutrimentia a Private Message Visit Nutrimentia's homepage! Find more posts by Nutrimentia Add Nutrimentia to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nutrimentia
plata o plomo

Do the links work?

Old Post 03-07-2003 02:20 PM
Nutrimentia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nutrimentia Click here to Send Nutrimentia a Private Message Visit Nutrimentia's homepage! Find more posts by Nutrimentia Add Nutrimentia to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ItsJustLogan
le pour soi

yes

Old Post 03-07-2003 02:25 PM
ItsJustLogan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ItsJustLogan Click here to Send ItsJustLogan a Private Message Find more posts by ItsJustLogan Add ItsJustLogan to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goatboy
the anticlimax

It's decent.

Is she hot?

Old Post 03-07-2003 04:40 PM
Goatboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goatboy Click here to Send Goatboy a Private Message Find more posts by Goatboy Add Goatboy to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roshigoth
The Cheesemeister

Not bad at all. I like it. Please post the rest.

And if you can, I'd really like to hear her "Somewhere over the Rainbow."

And Goatboy... here's what google dragged up:

Old Post 03-07-2003 09:28 PM
Roshigoth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roshigoth Click here to Send Roshigoth a Private Message Find more posts by Roshigoth Add Roshigoth to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nutrimentia
plata o plomo

I'll look for it, Rosh. Good pic too, she always wears her hair in braids.

I was going to post direct links to the shows but I'm too busy to do. If you want the rest of the tracks, click here and download the rest. Sorry for not giving links. Hope you enjoy.

Old Post 03-09-2003 11:41 AM
A.D.H.D
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Thanks Nute, she's got an impressive voice.

Old Post 03-10-2003 07:59 AM
A.D.H.D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for A.D.H.D Click here to Send A.D.H.D a Private Message Find more posts by A.D.H.D Add A.D.H.D to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roshigoth
The Cheesemeister

Thanks, Nute.

I was listening to the rest of the songs, trying to figure out why she sounded familiar...

Her voice reminds me of the opening music of the Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex (though I'm pretty sure the one singing that isn't her).

Oh well. If you find that Over the Rainbow, I'd really appreciate it.

Old Post 03-11-2003 03:59 PM
Roshigoth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roshigoth Click here to Send Roshigoth a Private Message Find more posts by Roshigoth Add Roshigoth to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goatboy
the anticlimax

Really starting to grow on me.

Cheers

Old Post 03-30-2003 06:15 PM
Goatboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goatboy Click here to Send Goatboy a Private Message Find more posts by Goatboy Add Goatboy to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote