The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > Hauntings...?
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
redguard
Commie Bastid

Hauntings...?

Okay,

I know it's not Halloween, but I'm genuinely curious about something.

Have any of you ever encountered the supernatural?

Do you have firsthand experience with hauntings, presences, poltergeists, manifestations, or anything like that?

I'd even like to stretch this definition to include such circumstances as being "weirded out" or made uncomfortable by places that normally ought not to have that effect.

I realize that this is a pretty off the wall question. I also realize that the great preponderance of people who claim to have experienced these sorts of things generally express some reluctance to speak due to fear of being ridiculed.

I would like to thank you in advance for your time, and also assure you that my intention here is not to mock or deride.

sincerely,
redguard@blackvault.com

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-06-2003 02:37 PM
redguard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redguard Click here to Send redguard a Private Message Find more posts by redguard Add redguard to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Smug Git
Arrogance Personified

Only a supernatural sense of awe every time I consider how great I really am.

Apart from that, no. If I did, I would be inclined to not trust my perception - 'I don't have any other explanation for it' doesn't, to me, mean that the supernatural explanation is the one. In fact, 'supernatural' doesn't really enter into my 'working hypothesis' at all; even 'inexplicable' would be, as far as I am concerned, more a statement about my limitation in thinking up a physical mechanism than a statement about the limitations of scientific/reductivist explanation. Mind you, that is only my working hypothesis; I believe in God and he can do or allow whatever He likes and I don't think that I can read his mind.

Old Post 05-06-2003 02:43 PM
Smug Git is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Smug Git Click here to Send Smug Git a Private Message Find more posts by Smug Git Add Smug Git to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
philjit
Arch-Enemy of Idealism

Two experiences of potential 'paranormal' activity in my life.

1) Gravity Hill: This is a hill on a small country lane off the Aston Hill section of A41 in Buckinghamshire, England (as a point of interest, earlier this century a famous car maker by the name of Lionel Martin used to race his cars in the hill climb events up Aston Hill). Anyway, digression aside, there is this placed called Gravity Hill.

What you do is drive your car to the bottom of the hill (it's on the road) and then turn off your ignition, put it in neutral and leave the handbrake off. The car will then roll backwards up the hill to the peak and over it. You can of course do it from the other direction and go forward, but that is not as much fun.*

I was talking to Mugtoe about it last night as it happens. I am unconvicned that this is paranormal mind you, although still open to the possibility. Most people believe it is an optical illussion created by the hedge line, and that in fact the car is rolling downhill, and that the peak is in fact a dip. I have laid on the road whilst wearing a baseball cap to block out the hedg eline to try and assess if this is the case, and in my opinion it is not. The annoying thing is that I have been there so many times, and yet everytime I forget to take a spirit level until I actually get there. One day I will remember.

Some people here may think I am making this up, or that is an urban legend. Last mnight whilst searching through Google I discovered that there is a commonly known legend in Pennsylvania about a similar hill by the same name and characteristic (although wolves howling come into that story as well). Bizarrely that hill is in Bucks County and the abbreviation of Buckinghamshire is Bucks. Anyway, it's a real place and Ive been there loads, although still not 100% sure what is going on when there. Rationally I am sure it's an optical illussion, but it's still weird.

* If you go there be careful. It is on a blind bend on a road that has only enough space for one car. And so many people drive like loonies round the countryside you could end up being hurt. The ghost story surrounding it is that a man was pushing his car, which had broken donw, up the hill and someone came round the corner and sandwiched him. His ghost continues to push!

2) I was once in the fields of dreamy Bucks, and sitting on a stile. I looked across a field that had very short grass in it (grazing field) and I saw two young girls in the middle of it. I turned to my friend in a split second to point them out and they had gone. Very odd. I was about 11 and not on drugs before anyone asks.

Last edited by philjit on 05-06-2003 at 03:00 PM

Old Post 05-06-2003 02:52 PM
philjit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for philjit Click here to Send philjit a Private Message Find more posts by philjit Add philjit to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Smug Git
Arrogance Personified

quote:
Originally posted by Phil
I turned to my friend in a split second to point them out and they had gone.

'Let's abuse and murder those two little girls', you said.

Old Post 05-06-2003 02:55 PM
Smug Git is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Smug Git Click here to Send Smug Git a Private Message Find more posts by Smug Git Add Smug Git to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
philjit
Arch-Enemy of Idealism

quote:
Originally posted by Smug Git
'Let's abuse and murder those two little girls', you said.

hahahahahahaha

Old Post 05-06-2003 02:56 PM
philjit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for philjit Click here to Send philjit a Private Message Find more posts by philjit Add philjit to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
philjit
Arch-Enemy of Idealism

Incidentally, on the whole ghost story thing, I believe (and I may be wrong on this as it's only what pople like Discovery and the BBC say) Britain is considered the 'most haunted country in the world'

Old Post 05-06-2003 02:57 PM
philjit
Arch-Enemy of Idealism

I really want to go to Greyfriar's Graveyard in Edinburgh on one of their night time tours. Its supposed to be one hell of an adrenaline rush.

Old Post 05-06-2003 02:59 PM
Agoust
Electric and hideous.

quote:
Originally posted by Phil
I really want to go to Greyfriar's Graveyard in Edinburgh on one of their night time tours. Its supposed to be one hell of an adrenaline rush.

What is this? I love Edinburgh, but I'm not sure I've ever heard of this tour. Is it a Ghost Walk?

Old Post 05-06-2003 03:01 PM
Agoust is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Agoust Click here to Send Agoust a Private Message Find more posts by Agoust Add Agoust to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
philjit
Arch-Enemy of Idealism

You have not heard of Greyfriar's Graveyard? Freaky shit going on there mate. Do a search on google for Black Mausoleum in the Covenanter's Prison, Greyfriars Graveyard (or Kirkyard). Some very nasty shit went down therr in history, much blood and torture. Hell I am not even sure the Black Mausoleum is open to the public anymore. People faint and shit in the Kirkyard and come out with scratch marks and bruisings from 'things' that brush past them.

Whether one believes in ghosts or not, there is some weird shit going on in that Kirkyard Iwould say.

Old Post 05-06-2003 03:05 PM
philjit
Arch-Enemy of Idealism

quote:

Surge in number of city poltergeist ‘attacks’

Ghost tour operators today claimed a notorious Edinburgh poltergeist has gone into overdrive - allegedly attacking at least 20 tourists in the last month. The ghost of 17th century nobleman Sir George MacKenzie, which is said to haunt the Covenanters Prison in Greyfriars Kirkyard, is said to have been increasingly lashing out over the last month.

Tourists claim they have been left with scratches, welt marks, bruises and feelings of nausea, with some saying they have been knocked to the ground. Jan Henderson, director of the City of the Dead Tour at the Kirk, said: "I have no idea why there has been such an increase in this spate of attacks The poltergeist has gone into overdrive over the last month with 20 single incidents.

"All the tour guides are experiencing tourists passing out, being scratched and bruised. I think it is great because when I started the tours I was a cynic so if there is something there then wonderful. They [tourists] have all collapsed at the door of the mausoleum, which shows it isn’t psychosomatic, because they didn’t know everyone falls down there. "

Suzannah Shields, 27, an advertising manager from Sheffield, said after going on the late night tour a large blood blister the size of a thumb appeared under her left eye the next morning.

"It didn’t hurt but it was horrible and took a week to go."

And Karyn Perrin, 37, a legal assistant living in London, said she had a painful experience when she visited the prison. "I felt light-headed, I had pins and needles and didn’t feel like my hands were mine. I kept fighting it but felt nauseous and had palpitations. That’s when I got hit in the head, it was inside like my brain was being slapped. I managed to get out and couldn’t stop crying. It was like I was grieving."

• Story originally published by:
The Edinburgh Evening News / Scotland - Sept 17.01

quote:

Ghost fear of tourists at Greyfriar’s Kirkyard

It is claimed to be one of the spookiest places in Edinburgh. And now a whole book of tourists’ tales about ghouls, ghosts and poltergeists in Greyfriar’s Kirkyard have been published in a book. More than 80 people say they have been attacked in the last 18 months at the Black Mausoleum, where the 17th century judge, Lord Advocate Sir George MacKenzie, is buried. Their witness statements appear in The Ghost That Haunted Itself.

The graveyard was supposed to have been exorcised last year by an Edinburgh clairvoyant. The Rev Colin Grant later said he thought the experience would kill him and weeks later, he dropped dead. In the book, an 11-year-old boy also describes how mysterious injuries appeared on his body.

Kevin Marks, from Yorkshire, wrote: "When I was standing in the tomb, something soft, like cotton wool, was touching my eyes and cheek. There was nobody doing this to me. The next day I woke up with a black eye and scratches on my face and neck."

Tourist Mandy Burgen, 38, from Cornwall, wrote: "In the tomb, I felt a pain, just above my chest. After the tour, I unfastened my top and found a large red mark where the pain had been. "I showed it to the others and, as they looked, three weals rose up in the same place. The next day they were gone."

The book was compiled by Jan-Andrew Henderson, co-owner of City of the Dead Tours.

• Story originally published by:
The Edinburgh Evening News / Scotland - Sept 08.01

Old Post 05-06-2003 03:09 PM
Agoust
Electric and hideous.

Freaky! I've been to Edinburgh on a number of occasions and have never even heard of this stuff!

Thanks for the tip!

Old Post 05-06-2003 03:15 PM
Agoust is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Agoust Click here to Send Agoust a Private Message Find more posts by Agoust Add Agoust to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
karen
Lesser Satan

hrm. well most of mine tend to revolve around my mom's explanation of things. admittedly, she can be a tad bit flaky(esp for someone who is supposed to be a science teacher).
My great grandmother was very good friends with Edgar Cayce. So, my mother and grandmother are very much into this kind of stuff.
I have no idea whether any of this was real or not. I was a kid.

1. I was probably 4 years old... I walk into my parents' bedroom and see a woman lying dead on the floor in the shadows. I scream, my mom runs in, and I ask her who it is. She tells me its the old lady who turns on the streetlamps at night(?wtf?).
The dead lady disappears. My mom says now(21 years later) that she doesnt remember this happening. I was scared out of my fucking mind; so I remember. I harboured a fear of telephone operators, certain robotic voices, and streetlamps coming on for at least 6 years after this happens.

2. I do not remember this happening; but my mom swears that when I was 6, a ghost threw a very heavy door at me. Normally this could be explained by it just falling off its hinges. BUT the hinges were the type that would require someone physically strong enough to lift it UP off the hinge. My mom was pregnant at the time, so it was not her. She says the door wouldve hit me and likely killed/hurt me if a table hadnt gotten in the way of its path.
in the same house, many other things my mother claims happened:

a. she claims a ghost locked out my brother's father. This door required a key to lock. He did not do it; and both my mother and I were sleeping upstairs at the time.
b. she claims to have seen blood coming from the walls and floor in the garage at various times.
c. not by mother's claiming. I remember being scared shitless to go into my brother's room(before and after he was born). I would still see a dead woman lying on the floor(and this was a different house than the one I had prior seen the woman on the floor). My blood would go cold every time I went in that room. I had similar fears of an indian statue that my mother claims was haunted. My mom gave me that statue when I was an adult. I gave it away; as it still bothered me to have it around.
d. my mom claims she moved out of that house because there were too many negative energy ghosts in there. or something. something about there being way too much anger in that house.

3. I am probably 9 years old. different house. one my grandfather built when my mom was young. They had an old woman(renting a room) staying with them while my mother was still young. That room happens to end up being my room. I was not told that teh old lady died there until one night my electric blanket wakes me up to sparks everywhere. The blanket was not plugged in at the time(nor had it been plugged in for years). I freak out. My mother tells me about the old woman and says that sometimes sparks appear when she comes around. She tells me not to worry about it; as the old woman is friendly and probably just wanted to "talk" to me. I begin sleeping with the lights on.

4. a couple months later. the same sparks wake my mother up. My mom hears someone(a woman) say to go outside and check the pool. When she goes outside, she sees our dog(a very VERY old dog) trying to get out of the pool. she fell in and cannot swim. My mom pulls her out before she drowns.

5. not really GHOST related, but some odd things about my mom, aunt, and I.
a. my aunt hears bell music play usually for a few weeks before someone in our family dies. especially if the death is unexpected(they are not sick or dying).
b. my mom and I both tend to have dreams about it when someone is about to die(expected or unexpected. doesnt matter). A month before my grandfather died last year, I had a dream that he was already dead, and trying desperately to get a message to my mother. he kept telling me he needed to talk to her. I told my mom about the dream and she says "i bet he did.". she was pissed at him at the time, apparently. she went to talk to him anyhow. He died a week later. I also had a dream that my great grandmother(the friend of cayce) died, exactly a week before it happened.
c. my son is named after a friend of mine who died. this friend "talked" me through my entire pregnancy, via dreams. I never had another dream about him after I had my son.

there are some other things I could mention, but Im tired of typing.
lets just say I have no idea whether this stuff is coincidental or made up(on my moms part). Im not sure if I believe what my eyes saw/ears heard in any of my own experiences.
I dont believe in god/gods, so believing in ghosts seems a little hypocritical to me. except for the dreams, I was young in all of these instances. it couldve been my imagination.
I often see people/animals(cats especially) out of the corner of my eyes now. I tend to chalk it up to, again, an overactive imagination. who knows, though.

Old Post 05-06-2003 03:35 PM
karen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for karen Click here to Send karen a Private Message Find more posts by karen Add karen to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
philjit
Arch-Enemy of Idealism

quote:
b. she claims to have seen blood coming from the walls and floor in the garage at various times.

was this before or after she watched the Amityville Horror for the first time?

Old Post 05-06-2003 03:37 PM
philjit
Arch-Enemy of Idealism

Karen, after reading all that I can say unequivocally, that in my unprofessional quack opinon, your entirely family is insane

Old Post 05-06-2003 03:39 PM
karen
Lesser Satan

i dont think my mom has ever seen that movie, phil.

but youre probably right about the insane thing.

Old Post 05-06-2003 03:43 PM
karen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for karen Click here to Send karen a Private Message Find more posts by karen Add karen to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
philjit
Arch-Enemy of Idealism

quote:
Originally posted by karen
but youre probably right about the insane thing.

of course I'm right! I worked damn hard to get the money for my medical qualifications!

Old Post 05-06-2003 03:45 PM
Vegas
15 = micropenis

I'm jealous of you, karen. Your stories are better than mine, and you have a connection with another dimension that I would absolutely love to experience myself someday.

The only event in my life where I do not know what happened was back when I was 11 or 12. I was sledding one fine winter night with a friend on my street, Joe; we were going down his long and slightly curved driveway, which was cut out of the corner of a hill. One side of the driveway is a decently steep drop off with quite a number of trees. On one of the last runs of the night he headed down his driveway and did not make an attempt to maneuver around the bend, he went straight ahead and crashed down the side bank. I could not see what happened when he did this, I forget if we were racing down or if I was walking back up and was too far away to see it. When I got to him, he told me his dead grandfather had been standing to the side, watching him sled like he used to. Come to find out, his grandfather passed away while reading a story to Joe, who was too young at the time to realize his grandfather was not merely sleeping. In itself, I didn't know what to think at this point... until I walked home.

My street is cut out of a hill as well, more or less perpendicular to this driveway. It goes up, then back down to a small "valley" where I live. As I headed uphill I suddenly heard someone whistling and say, "Joe, turn the TV up." I spun around to where there should have been someone to nothing. The house I thought I heard the sound from is a summer home, no one was there. The other two houses next to me at this moment had no noise coming from them, and both were in front of me. This voice came from behind me. Shaking it off, I kept walking up the hill. As I approached the top I heard dogs barking, maybe it was just one, except it sounded as if the dogs were within 50 feet of me. There were no dogs about, and I could not pick out where they were coming from. Trudging downhill I was nearly stopped by a wind gust going uphill against me, and it sounded like a plane was flying literally right over my head. Not even a small plane from the nearby field airport could get that low, and the sound and wind were in the wrong direction for it to have been from the nearby "international" airport. As I got downhill I heard water trickling far too loud and I ran home.

When I spoke with Joe the next day about this, he gave me the look of a madman. He told me his grandfather enjoyed watching TV and would ask him to turn it down as a game of some sort, that he always had dogs, and that he had flown planes in the Air Force. He also had to drink water constnatly later in his life due to some condition he had (though at this point in time I've ruled the water out as me being spooked). For the next week or two, Joe told me his grandfather visited him on occassion at night, including a time when he supposedly lit the top of their house up like it was Christmas, some sort of lighting... which his family saw. Not long after they moved out of that house.

I have no idea how much of this was my imagination playing tricks on me or him having fun with something for attention, or if it was real. I will always look back on it with a smirk, though.

Your whole "I dress like an office drone and act respectable and then sit on forum where we discuss urethra fucking and public torture" bit still creeps me out. I bet it would creep out your co-workers even more.

-m

Old Post 05-06-2003 05:20 PM
Vegas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vegas Click here to Send Vegas a Private Message Find more posts by Vegas Add Vegas to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
karen
Lesser Satan

I would gladly give you that connection, vegas. it only confuses me.

Old Post 05-06-2003 05:24 PM
Roshigoth
The Cheesemeister

Nothing's ever happened to me that I'm aware of.

I remember Dad telling a story about seeing a woman walking towards the kitchen in the house I grew up in, which he had assumed was Mom, until he turned to go back to sleep and saw her laying next to him.

And, of course, my ex girlfriend has tons and tons of ghost stories she claims happen to her. Currently, she says there's a ghost of some man in her brother's bedroom or something. He seems confused. I don't pay enough attention to remember more than that much.

Old Post 05-06-2003 05:46 PM
Roshigoth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roshigoth Click here to Send Roshigoth a Private Message Find more posts by Roshigoth Add Roshigoth to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vegas
15 = micropenis

Thanks to this thread, I brought up a local "haunted" spot to one of my friends: Spider Gates Cemetery. Him and I have decided to venture there next week after we're both done finals.

Spider Gates was given such a name for two reasons. The iron bar gates of the cemetery are similar to spider web designs, and there are eight gates at the walls of the place. Seven of the gates have been taken down, leaving only the main entrance up. The cemetery is a place where many teens have done stupid things, though there is an immense amount of lore surrounding the place. Three deaths have been related to the place, only one is close to confirmed and that's because the family refuses to speak fo their son's suicide. He hung himself from a tree, which there has been a noose hung from since. The other two, on within the last decade and one about seventy years ago, have evidence though there is nothing concrete. From what I've read and heard, the potentially legitimate claims state that there have been a number of people who have seen others and heard noises, such as screams in the middle of the night and footsteps. Some have had conversations with people who suddenly disappear.

The ultimate urban legend surrounding Spider Gates is the tale that if you enter through each of the eight gates you will be sent to hell upon entering the last gate. It is harmful, if not deadly, to drink from the water past the last gate. There is no evidence of any of this, but I will find out what I can and go explore.

Your whole "I dress like an office drone and act respectable and then sit on forum where we discuss urethra fucking and public torture" bit still creeps me out. I bet it would creep out your co-workers even more.

-m

Old Post 05-07-2003 07:07 AM
Vegas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vegas Click here to Send Vegas a Private Message Find more posts by Vegas Add Vegas to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
madlucas
tv casualty

let me tell you about my old boss and his fucked up house.

now normally I would recount only my own experiences and waive off what others have told me as just part of the 'story' .. however knowing this man like I do I can honestly say that he's not a 'story teller' and while he may be inclined to slighty blemish the truth (as most of us do) I can repeat what he told me with little doubt that he believes what he told me one hundred percent.

so lets start with a low down on the house. pam and eric bought it when they where just kids and have raised a family in this house for the last 20 years or so. when they first bought the house it was days from being torn down .. filled with trash and broken down, it was a real fixer-upper. so that's what they did (and still do, for that matter).

a bunch of years they discovered they had a ghost. they also discovered it hated two things: dogs and the remodeling of the house.

I'll start the stories with my own experinces in the house. they're pretty minor, and leave the idea of 'ghosts' up for speculation as I had heard many stories before ever actually haveing any sort of 'encounter' of my own and could possibly have been tained.

my boss took off for a long weekend and offered me to come over and house sit for him. take care of the animals and such while he was away. this was good for him because he didn't have to pay or trust some neighborhood punk kid to do it, and it was cool for me because I could get out of my own house (and away from my girlfriend) for a weekend.

so I show up, I am given directions and numbers, and they're all off. I shuffel off to the living room to watch a little TV and everything just feels off kilter. I've been in this house a hundred times and it's always been a very warm and comfortable place, but for the life of me I just can't get comfortable. I feel on edge the entire time I'm there. sort of like that 'somebody's watching me' thing, onlt that wasn't really it. I just felt uncomfortable. and the dog was especially strange. she wouldn't leave the downstairs sitting parlor, except to occasionally dart upstairs for a few minutes, then right back to the corner of the parlor.

now all this is no big deal really .. it could all be summed up to the fact that I was in a strange house and the dog was freaked out because her family was gone. but as the night went on the paranoia mounted until I was tempted to go home. I wasn't even thinking 'ghost' or anything, I was just feeling like I had smoked three bowls and walked into a police station. everytime I would go into certain parts of the house all the hairs on my arms would stand up and I would stand for a second with my guts all tight wondering what the hell was going on. also, by this point the dog is under a desk in the parlor and won't come out unless I go into the room and call her out .. then right back under the desk.

so after pacing around the house for a couple hours (I just couldn't seem to sit in any one place for any amount of time) I opted to just hit the sack. so upstairs I went. by this time my skin is crawling and spend the next three hours lying awake stareing into the dark until I fall asleep to have terrible nightmares for the rest of the night.

I get up the next morning and get into the shower. now here's the strange part. about three months before I stayed eric had installed a large gas hot water system in his house. he has four daughters and needed a syatem that would never run out of hot water. worked like a charm .. no more cold showers. that is until I hop in and get just about good and soapy. all of a sudden the water goes cold .. like frosty mountain stream cold. I had all I could do to rinse the soap from my eyes and stepped out shivering like it was january and I was sitting in the middle of an ice pack.

after that I took the dog out for a bit and then went home. I didn't spend a second night, but opted to just check up on the animals for the next two mornings. again .. no big deal really. cold water and strange feelings, but just for kicks I asked eric, when he got back, it he had shut off the hot water while he was gone. he told me that he had left it on and a round of hot showers had been taken just after they all got back.

now on to the juicey stories told by eric to me. first the remodeling, then the dogs (which seemed to get worse when they where doing work on the house)

every time my boss would do any sort of major housework all sorts of strange shit would start to happen around the house. one of the more notable events was when he was working on the upstairs bathroom. he was upstairs hammering and sawing when he hears his wife calling for him. he goes downstairs to discover she's not around, so he shrugs his shoulders and heads back to work. he gets back to work and he hears a woman calling for him again. so downstairs he goes again, but his wife still isn't around. after hunting around for her a bit he finds her outside working in the garden. he asks her what she needs and she tells him she hasn't been calling for him at all. he heads back upstairs to get back to work and he hears a woman calling him again. he gets up and stands in the doorway and calls down the stairs to his wife. when he doesn't get an answer he turns back into the bathroom to find what appears to be someone has taken a tub of talcum powder and shook it all through the air. it looks like a big cloud of talc in the air, smells like it too. he even runs his finger on the sink and smudges some of it around. at this point he thinks it's maybe one of his daughters playing a trick on him so he goes on a hunt to find out who the culprit is. he finds everyone doing normal stuff and is starting to get mad when he goes back into the bathroom to find no trace of powder on anything. but it does still smell like talcum power all through the bathroom.

now on to the dogs. all of eric's dogs seem to get a strange disease that can't be diagnosed by any vet. they all suffer from terrible siezures, and all but the last one has had to be put down after a few years. four or five in all. (well, one got put down for another reason, but I'll tell that one later) even the current dog they have has had a few bouts since they got her .. but only when they where finishing the basement. odd thing .. when the dog had a siezure the kids called and pam ran home in hysterics saying that 'if [insert ghost's name here as I can't recall what they called her] didn't cut the shit she was going to tear the house down sell the property to someone from massachusetts'. the thing is that she would do it. and they dog hasn't so much as twitched since.

back to the other dogs. they had a pair of english hounds for a while. one had to be put down after a period of sever siezures that left it a vegtable (this happend to another dog later on, too .. fried him so bad he wouls stand with his nose in the corner for hours at a time). the other hound had to be put down after a series of events. it started with the dog flipping out on day and running up the stairs in a rampage of teeth and barking. when eric sprang up to see what was going on with the dog he got almost to the bottom of the stairs when the dog yelped and flew backwards down the stairs. eric tells the story like the dog flew out from the landing at the top of the stairs with it's paws in the air above it. the dog landed on the floor at the base of the stairs, got up, and promptly dropped into another massive siezure.

later on the same dog had anther attack of sorts and went into one of the girl's rooms upstairs and would not let anyone into the room. if anyone tried the dog would go bezerk and try to bite whoever was in the room. he stayed like that for almost two days before they finally got him out. they had to put him down. they where working on the back living room at that time.

there where a bunch or stories told.. most of them the standard 'saw someone' or 'things where moved around' sort of stories. the thing is, every single one of the people in that house, mom and dad, and four daughters, have thier own stories of things they have seen. I've only told a couple of the more dramatic stories eric told me, but if I where to tell them all this post would be about ten times longer than it is .. and to be honest it's getting to long as it is..

Bloodninja: Rhinoceruses don't play games. They fucking charge your ass.

Old Post 05-07-2003 10:50 AM
madlucas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for madlucas Click here to Send madlucas a Private Message Find more posts by madlucas Add madlucas to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Avondale
oh hello

i went on a ghost tour in savannah, georgia [the "most haunted city in america"]
saw no ghosts, but heard a lot of ncie stories.

Old Post 05-07-2003 02:44 PM
Avondale is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Avondale Click here to Send Avondale a Private Message Find more posts by Avondale Add Avondale to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sabine
Other

bumping old threads is great fun for all!

when I was 11 we were living in a friend's basement apartment while our house was being completed. I woke up in the middle of the night, my ankle throbbing as if it had been set afire as it often used to, and I called to my mother in the room right next to mine. She came and brought me tylenol and sat on the edge of my bed, stroking my hair as we waiting for the pain to subside. I looked up and through my teary haze I saw my dad standing in the doorway, a dark silhouette watching me. I fell back to sleep comforted. The next day I asked my mother to thank my dad for his concern and she frowned and said that he had been asleep the entire time. No one had been there.

Old Post 03-09-2004 02:45 PM
Sabine is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sabine Click here to Send Sabine a Private Message Find more posts by Sabine Add Sabine to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SimpleSimon
Dead Horse Rider

Ghost stories. Inexplicable events.

The strangest one I've ever had was an incredibly vivid dream. I was in Atlanta in November of '91, staying at a hotel there while attending a seminar at the CDC. Now, it might help to know that I am a minor Civil War buff, and have read a lot about the burning of Atlanta. I did see a few historical sites while I was there that trip. Anyway, on thursday night of that week I returned to my hotel room about 10 pm after a late dinner with some colleagues, and was sound asleep by 10:30. I was dreaming in incredible detail of being trapped in a wooden house, richly decorated with many fine furnishings and silk wallpaper as it burned. At midnight I woke, choking, in a room full of smoke, with the smoke alarm going off.

I rolled out of bed, and crawled to the door of the room as fire crackled up the wall of the alcove opposite the bathroom. I could feel the heat, see the flames, and breathing was damned difficult. I got out into the hall, and pulled the fire alarm about 15 feet from the door.

Very shortly there were a half dozen hotel employees gathered around, and the night manager called the fire dept when he burned his hand touching the doorknob of my room as smoke seeped under the door. They started evacuating the floor, and the night security guys went upstairs (there was one floor of rooms above the floor I was on) and began evacuating the people there.

About 10 minutes later the fire dept arrived, and went up to my floor. By that time there were about 50 people in the lobby in night clothes, and the concierge had gotten me a robe (all I was wearing was boxer shorts). The FD made us all go out under the porte cochiere to wait. About 15 minutes later the manager came out and asked me to come talk to the FD arson investigator who had just arrived.

The FD guys were all coming back down, no apparent emergency, looking very disgusted. The investigator said once they got into my room they had found no evidence of fire, although there was a very heavy odor of smoke, and asked what the hell I was playing at. I told him what I'd experienced, and the night manager showed him his burnt palm from grabbing the hot door knob (it was one huge blister by then). The investigator then requested we accompany him and 2 of the cops who'd shown up to my room, and I could describe the sequence of events more fully.

We went upstairs to my room, which reeked of smoke. I told them what happened, showed them my path out, and pointed to the wall of the alcove that had been covered in flames. There was no appearance of burns on it at all. In fact, there was nothing burnt in the room that could be found.

The only thing that saved my ass from a charge of filing a false report was the strong odor of smoke, and the fact that the ceiling of the alcove was covered in smoke and soot stains. The arson investigator took scrapings from the ceeiling, to try to determine what had been burned, the hotel manager moved me to a different room, and the next day I finished the seminar and went home.

About 30 days later (after I called his office to request info) I got a letter from the arson investigator, informing me that his tests had been "inconclusive" but the soot appeared to have been from a burning wooden structure, possibly a home, as the soot contained fibers consistent with the burning of cloth based wallpaper.

Never did learn what was really going on that night. Nor can anybody explain how a door knob gets hot enough to cause serious 2nd degree burns on a man's hand, but the door itself and the room it closes show no evidence of heat damage.

Last edited by SimpleSimon on 03-09-2004 at 05:16 PM

Old Post 03-09-2004 05:12 PM
SimpleSimon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SimpleSimon Click here to Send SimpleSimon a Private Message Find more posts by SimpleSimon Add SimpleSimon to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
'Lil Lulu

I used to live in a haunted house. I don't fuck with the supernatural. That is some freaky shit.

Old Post 03-09-2004 06:17 PM
'Lil Lulu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 'Lil Lulu Click here to Send 'Lil Lulu a Private Message Find more posts by 'Lil Lulu Add 'Lil Lulu to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote