The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > Beautiful Women Make Men Irrational
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
DevilMoon
passive stalker?

Beautiful Women Make Men Irrational

quote:
Beautiful Women Make Men Irrational

POSTED: 10:04 a.m. EST December 16, 2003
A beautiful woman can make a guy irrational -- and now there's science to prove it.

Researchers at McMaster University showed male students pictures of women, some of whom were said to be attractive and some not-so-attractive, as determined by the Hot or Not? Web site.

After seeing a very attractive woman, the men were more likely to make dumb choices.

The Canadian researchers asked the male students to roll dice. If they rolled double digits, they were given a choice of taking $15 to $35 the next day or up to $75 after waiting a while.

The men who saw the attractive women were more likely to take the lesser amount.

NewScientist.com said biologists call choosing immediate rewards to greater ones in the future as "discounting the future."

The researchers said they tried the same test with female students. But there was no lessening of intelligence among the women after looking at hunks. Men also didn't show a change in reaction after seeing pictures of expensive cars.

The researchers said men stop thinking about long-term consequences once they get slightly aroused and see a sexual opportunity.

Well, I thought this was obvious.

Hopefully its not been already posted.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-17-2003 04:40 AM
DevilMoon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DevilMoon Click here to Send DevilMoon a Private Message Find more posts by DevilMoon Add DevilMoon to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vegas
15 = micropenis

We need science to back up the obvious to explain ourselves, you see. That way we can blame our actions on something.

Your whole "I dress like an office drone and act respectable and then sit on forum where we discuss urethra fucking and public torture" bit still creeps me out. I bet it would creep out your co-workers even more.

-m

Old Post 12-17-2003 04:56 AM
Vegas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vegas Click here to Send Vegas a Private Message Find more posts by Vegas Add Vegas to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paint CHiPs
Smartest Man in the World

Ha. It's Been Posted Before.

I'm terrible about that. It's one of my least-favorite qualities about myself. A beautiful woman can turn me into a simpering babbling fool or a deaf-mute in seconds flat. It sucks.

I have no game.

Old Post 12-17-2003 05:03 AM
Paint CHiPs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paint CHiPs Click here to Send Paint CHiPs a Private Message Visit Paint CHiPs's homepage! Find more posts by Paint CHiPs Add Paint CHiPs to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J E B Stuart
Administrator

Hell, all this time y'all blamed my irrational postin' on Dickel.

Fer shame.

Amen.

Old Post 12-17-2003 05:05 AM
J E B Stuart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J E B Stuart Click here to Send J E B Stuart a Private Message Visit J E B Stuart's homepage! Find more posts by J E B Stuart Add J E B Stuart to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MissConstrued
Adorable Pussycat

Oh give the poor men a break... After all, it is McMaster University, the same university that for one year decided it was a good idea to put 'The Beer Store' as one of the places students could buy from with their meal plan cards...

Old Post 12-17-2003 05:13 AM
MissConstrued is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MissConstrued Click here to Send MissConstrued a Private Message Find more posts by MissConstrued Add MissConstrued to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DevilMoon
passive stalker?

It is a bit of a stretch to use hot or not and 'after a while' as measurements and call it science. Although I guess the results varied by 'hotness' which shows something.

Old Post 12-17-2003 05:37 AM
DevilMoon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DevilMoon Click here to Send DevilMoon a Private Message Find more posts by DevilMoon Add DevilMoon to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lu
Soul Amputated

Thumbs down

that univ should be bombed for funding that bullshit

Old Post 12-17-2003 11:27 AM
Lu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lu Click here to Send Lu a Private Message Find more posts by Lu Add Lu to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mordecai

quote:
Originally posted by Lu
that univ should be bombed for funding that bullshit

They don't like cheaters either eh?

-m

Old Post 12-17-2003 07:02 PM
Mordecai is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mordecai Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Add Mordecai to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vegas
15 = micropenis

Goddamn cheaters making college harder for us other students.

Your whole "I dress like an office drone and act respectable and then sit on forum where we discuss urethra fucking and public torture" bit still creeps me out. I bet it would creep out your co-workers even more.

-m

Old Post 12-17-2003 07:03 PM
Vegas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vegas Click here to Send Vegas a Private Message Find more posts by Vegas Add Vegas to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote